Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Played my first 3 games of Gorka yesterday...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Nightserpent

Nightserpent

Arch Arsonist

• Bosses
  • 8,472 posts
  • Army Name:Der Red Kobraz
It looks rather promising! I have played many games of Necromunda, so a lot of the mechanics are similar (I was thrilled to see that pinning is pretty much gone), so it was only the vehicle rules that we needed to focus on. It got smoother with each game. We played with the provided gangs, and I am not sure if that helped or hindered. Shooting with non heavy weapons at vehicles seemed useless. This made no one want to leave their transports. Ramming seemed the only way to put a ding in them. The second and third game we chose to mount rokkits on out trukks, and that proved to help a bit. So, maybe it was just because we had newbie gangs that it proved so frustrating? The first two games I never wounded or damaged a single enemy model! :( But, the third game I exacted my revenge! I 'T-Bone' rammed an enemy trukk with a trakk... sending all of his crew and passengers (avbout five models in all) flying!! Some went down from the blast :lol So, any advice for a budding Gorkamorker?? What sort of stuff do you advise be purchased for a new gang? What stuff is fun and useful, what stuff should I not bother with? Size of gangs? Nuber of vehicles.. types? Tactics? Gorkers or Morkers? Do you advise I get the Digganob expansion set? Are the extra rules worth it? Modeling wise, I think I'd prefer using the current Ork models. I'd also prefer the round 25mm bases. Think this will be a problem? We might just say that a trukk can carry a given number, despite the larger bases. The only qualm I have is that if I put a lot of effort into a model and it gets injured or changes weapons, it will be a bummer to remodel it. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? Since we used demo lists, we didn't care about dying or losing anything... how much will this change when we use experience points? Will most players get too afraid to act reckless? Thanks in advance for any green light you can shed! ;)

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,327 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
WOW NS it has been a long time since I played Gorkamorka. I never picked up Digganob, I thought the Umies were to weedy to bother with. :lol Actually I never could find any opponents during that period. So I had to make my own rival mobs and duff em up propa. The way to make a propa gang is to have around 15 - 20 models on hand so you can swap around weapons and stuff. [OK I had more like 40 of those boyz, but I'm an exception to da rules. ;) ] Gorkers for me. So when are we gonna get together an see who is da nob of da scrap heap? :thumbs WAAAGH! da uver games
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Nightserpent

Nightserpent

Arch Arsonist

• Bosses
  • 8,472 posts
From what I gather, Digganob comes with the Grot Rebels, the muties and Diggas. I am not especially interested in the last two. The Necromunda expansion came with extra rules, so I wonder if Digganob has any. :? I am assuming rules for Dethkoptas are in there.

40 models, eh? :eek you are a nutter, Hakbash!

Does that mean you'd make two gangs and let someone else use one, or did you work out both sides by yourself?

I'd love to have a skrap some day... I just need to build a gang first :)

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,327 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
Yep for the most part it was just me scrapin with two gangs. Not many Ork players around. I only knew a small handfull of Ork players and I never gamed with any of them. Until this internet thing came along. ;) I'll finish up a gang as well [all my past Gorkamorka boyz are now truk boyz] , maybe next time we meet we can get in a quick scrap. Grot rebels sound weedy ter me boss. ;) :lol WAAAGH! da scrapin Gorkers
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Nightserpent

Nightserpent

Arch Arsonist

• Bosses
  • 8,472 posts
I think I'll be making a classic Ork gang, though I might add a couple Grot slaves for color. :whip A previous thread in this section mentioned that the Grot gangs can lie about their achievements and get better funding. That's a good un! :lol Any advice on using grots?

Gragdush Spleenrippa

Gragdush Spleenrippa

Da Pain Train

• Freebooterz
  • 798 posts
  • Army Name:Gragdush Spleenrippa's Freebooterz Warband
Wow I miss that game. I played lotz of it when it first came out. I hope they bring it out again. :crybaby Beware the T-Bone!!
"Don't give up on the boyz, cuz once you go green you can never go back."

-Hakbash

Nightserpent

Nightserpent

Arch Arsonist

• Bosses
  • 8,472 posts
Hey, cool, another Gorka player! I t-boned an enemy mob's trukk in my third game :yes it sent the whole krew flying out of the trukk, so I could shoot at them and run them over :lol any advice on which gubbinz, weapons, combos etc that were the most fun??

Kapt Razzanosh

Kapt Razzanosh

Too time Arena uv Deth Champ!

• Blood Axez
  • 660 posts
  • Army Name:Razza's Raiders
I have the Digga book but nothing else so I can only say whats in it. As you stated before the book has the lists for Diggas, Rebel Grots and Muties. There are also some extra scenarios as well as rules for hiring special characters. From what I can tell from the rebel grots list they rely heavily on causing as much damage as possible before bottling out. When you get back to base you can lie about your acheivements boostin your teef and rep. But lie too much and you run the chance of the Kommitee coming down on you. They also have a bad time with maintaining vehicles and ammo. Going into mektown for upgrades is also a dangerous affair as the more famous you get the more likely orkz will recognize you as a wanted revolushinary. If you got any specific questions on rebel grots I can look it up but they seem like a pretty fun underdog gang. Now muties on the other hand look like a little overpowering with all their hi-tek weaponry.
There is no kill like overkill.

Nightserpent

Nightserpent

Arch Arsonist

• Bosses
  • 8,472 posts
I am planning on a reggiler old Gorker or Morker army, so I don't have any specific questions about the muties, grots or diggas. Are the extra missions fun? Howabout the special characters? fun/useful? Is the fluff/art as good as the main books? They kinda suggest that the pyramids have something to do with the tin'eads.. do they explain any more?

Kapt Razzanosh

Kapt Razzanosh

Too time Arena uv Deth Champ!

• Blood Axez
  • 660 posts
  • Army Name:Razza's Raiders
There are 3 new scenarios in the book, Da Trap, Convoy and Gotcha which are all ambush like scenarios. They seem pretty interesting but without the main rulebook I can't tell. I really need to find one someday :lol The special character in Digga Nob are : Nazgrub Wurrzag : A wierdboy prospecter that like scrap a little too much. Bad Doc Dreggutz : A battle worthy mad dok that also offers his surjery services to his employeers. Dregmek Blitzkart : The one, the original Deth Kopta pilot. Da Krusher : An ork boy fit with so many boniks that he is no longer an ork, hes a mini killa kan Da Red Gobbo : Figure head Revolutionary hero who enforces the Kommitees will. The art in the book is pretty good although 2/3rds of it is humies and muties but the Rebel grots look fantastic. The fluff stories are pretty cool too. The story of how the revolution began is something close to a Tenamen Square incident. Another good one is a short story of a rebel head honcho getting interrogated by the GRC and he lies out of his teef to try and save his butt. As for the pyramids the diggas lived under them for a long time until ork evacators unburied their civilization. When the orks tried to break into the pyramids themselves they were attacked by eyes in the darkness that came through unseen portals. Most of the orks were slain by blazes of light and many were taken captive never to be seen again.
There is no kill like overkill.

Nightserpent

Nightserpent

Arch Arsonist

• Bosses
  • 8,472 posts

When the orks tried to break into the pyramids themselves they were attacked by eyes in the darkness that came through unseen portals. Most of the orks were slain by blazes of light and many were taken captive never to be seen again.

sounds like tin'eads to me! :)

Thanks for the low-down, Razza, I'll have to pick up a copy if I can find it for a reasonable price :yes