Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

No Codex This Year

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Limbo365

Limbo365

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 8 posts
So they've announced the next 3 codex's!

Two beakies and chaos daemons early next year!

No love for the Orks

Its too bad since the Tyranid codex made me think we might see some decent stuff

Source
https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-3/

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 340 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
Yeah... this either means two things. 1. They have an epic codex ghry are waiting to hype up with new models and epic op rules. Or. 2. They forgot about one of the main races of 40k who established the whole franchise and they're going to just throw them out at the end. Either way, I'm out of the country by then so I won't be able to play them anyway. XD

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,090 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

doesn't matter. we'll get it when we get it. 
Let the other actions have their fun while they can. I have a feeling we're going to take their lunch money when we get our codex.

• toaae and Skumdreg like this

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Grubgrot

Grubgrot

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 50 posts
  • Army Name:Da Skull Stompaz
Orks are getting the primaris treatment, who's ready to paint one hundred or more bigger boyz?😉

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,863 posts
  • Army Name:Bad Moons(Waaagh! Skargrim)

Been know for a bit that Orks would be next year.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 340 posts
Yeah, we all thought they would be... and no! I am not replacing all 100 of my boyz! They take forever to paint!

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,090 posts

Yeah, we all thought they would be... and no! I am not replacing all 100 of my boyz! They take forever to paint!

:lol 

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 25 posts
  • Army Name:Brain Boyz
Painting? A hundred new, bigger boyz would be at least $40 for a box of ten. I can handle the paint time, but the actual monetary cost would be ludicrous.

EDiT: Not that costs being ludicrous ever stopped most people from doing anything in this hobby, even me when I was younger. Also don't think that they would actually release a box of newer, bigger boyz because that would mean they're paying attention to a faction that doesn't have shoulder pads the size of a hatchback.

StormGuard

StormGuard

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 94 posts

I hope that they don't go with bigger Orks as I have loads of painted Ork stuff already, and loads more unbuilt, so if they did this it would make me an Unhappy Ork, and no-one likes an unhappy Ork. :scowl

SG.

Demo Charges 101:  Pull Pin, Throw, Run Away Very Fast.

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 616 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
And speaking of ludicrous, they better not biggen da boyz without upping their strength to 4. They are already twice the size of the S3 humies.

Is there reason to believe that they will be bigger? Apart from a 30 year history of scale creep?
"Parry the 6!"

AnthonyS

AnthonyS

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 129 posts

It wouldn't matter too much if they did release larger orks.  You can use your existing stuff for the early turns as the orks are "far away" - then switch them for the bigger ones for combat.  If your games are like mine you'd only need about 10, as they'd be all that make it.

• Blakkreaper and Boss Ardnutz like this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 340 posts

Painting? A hundred new, bigger boyz would be at least $40 for a box of ten. I can handle the paint time, but the actual monetary cost would be ludicrous.
EDiT: Not that costs being ludicrous ever stopped most people from doing anything in this hobby, even me when I was younger. Also don't think that they would actually release a box of newer, bigger boyz because that would mean they're paying attention to a faction that doesn't have shoulder pads the size of a hatchback.

I get all my stuff from ebay. Right now I have a primaris army that cost like $10 for every 5 Beakies.

Dribble Joy

Dribble Joy

Skitzo

• Bad Moonz
  • 2,377 posts
  • Army Name:Nuggruz's Iron Klads.

And speaking of ludicrous, they better not biggen da boyz without upping their strength to 4.

You do have the current Index, right?

• warhead01, Badfang Brassaxe and Garslag like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,740 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

In fairness, I've gotten that used to S3 orks (since Rogue Trader) that I had to go back and check. As for bigger orks, I've still got more than a few slightly biggened RT orks in my current armies so I'll leave any judgement 'til I've seen how much bigger the new ones are - can't see 'em being bigger than the relatively new nobz or flash gitz models :?

• Garslag likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,090 posts

I could go for a few Larger orks but I look at it like I see the Nue-Beakies. Nothing to rush into. 
I have no interest in collecting yet another Ork army but I'd be happy to add just a few new units as long as they are new models, other wise I'm still neck deep in shoota boys I need to paint. Like 90 or more of them I started some time earlier this year or was it last year... I keep finding bags and boxes of started projects I need to finish or sell. Work, Work, Work. 

• Badfang Brassaxe, Giganotosaurus and Skumdreg like this

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,827 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

This here encapsulates my fear for the future of Orks.

• Blakkreaper and Giganotosaurus like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,740 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Well, I can see why you might think that Dim, but it usually only occurs as a result of lazy and incompetent writing ;)

• Giganotosaurus likes this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 237 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

GW & lazy, incompetent writing; isn't that what's known as a redundancy? :?

PhillyT

PhillyT

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 934 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

Well my demons and Dark Angels are pretty pleased!

toaae

toaae

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 106 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH! Tortoof

Well my demons and Dark Angels are pretty pleased!

As are my Blood Angels, who I've yet to play a game with. I sure hope they can make the unique BA units worthwhile, as the index is a sore disappointment for the Sons of Sanguinius.