Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Back to the mek workshop

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 143 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls

So I have been gone from the hobby for about 5 years. Most things of my army got stolen since I left it in the local GW to be able to play without transporting a lot (was 16 back then so no car etc.)

Anyways here is the old thread: http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=49546

I still own the landspeeder and the piranha conversion since I had them at home.

But yeah I have decided to slowly get back into it now. This thread will probably be really slow but I hope I can find my way back into things.

This time I don't want to directly use any ork tanks/trukks the way GW released them since orks never build their stuff the same way. Let's start with the first wip battlewagon I am working on:

NLHnwxq.jpg

WOARgu1.jpg

w8MZxnU.jpg

GFxkHW6.jpg

r1xDz71.jpg

So the plan is to build a battlewagon with ard case and the supa-kannon. The wheels and the ram are not glued yet since it's work in progress as you can most likely tell.

Let me know what you think.

• Orkimedez, Zagursnik and Giganotosaurus like this

Metal elitist & into game/level design.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,682 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Good size for a battlewagon, more used to seeing over-tyre'd wheels on orky vehicles but they're the same width as the (weedy) trakks so that's OK-ish, a bit of room behind the wheels (so as they could steer) might not go amiss but 'crab-steer' is a thing. Look forwards to seeing your progress :thumbs

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 595 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
I agree with Badfang, bring the wheels away from the tank a little so they can steer, other than that i say it looks great. The overall shape is pleasing. What's the turret off?
"Parry the 6!"

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 143 posts

That's the plan. They are not glued yet :D

Just wanted to give an idea of the layout.

Oh and the turret is from a chimera.

• Garslag likes this

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 143 posts

Alright I have slowly been working on some things. As always I end up starting multiple things at once but I need a whole new ork horde anyways!

First few boyz from AoBR, nothing special but changing bases from the slot bases the previous owner glued them to took quite a while. Also first tankbusta I guess:

OIRcLzh.jpg

I also wanted to build a Mad Dok Grotsnik conversion. You might think this is just a standard nob body but I came up with a custom pose for the power claw arm since I used the arm of an AoBR nob (head too btw). I wanted to get pretty close to the artwork that was in the books even if I will probably end up with a tank on his back:

xxW5na9.jpg

Let's get to the more interesting stuff tho, I had this beakie flyer laying around and decided to make a big kopta out of it. Will probably end up being a blitza-bommer / chinork-warkopta. They both have 2 bombs, a big shoota and 2 guns (deffguns / supa shootas) so the model should be accurate for both in the end:

gosvBi6.jpg

The extension turned out a bit messy but I will probably add another layer of plating to hide it. The mount for the rotor is also set already:

SXkHLfw.jpg

So yeah building up an army does take a while. I hope I got enough time to keep it up.

As always: Feedback welcome :cheers

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,682 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

The AoBR boyz are just a bit too L-shaped for my liking (remind me too much of the old 2nd or 3rd Ed 'Chaos Goffs') but I like what you're doing with the dok (don't have to struggle too hard to improve on either of GW's current offerings there) and your attack choppa has definitely got potential - keep 'em coming :thumbs

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 143 posts

Hopefully I can mix them enough with other boyz to make it not that obvious.