Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Starting Orks, requesting first list help

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Anarchistscourge

Anarchistscourge

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 2 posts
  • Army Name:The brown coats

Hi All.

So i recently decided that i wanted to do a 'project' army, where all the models are customised/converted. Ill basically be doing a grotz 'counts-as' Ork army. 

Although this will mainly be for fun, i still don't want to build an army thats not going to do well. With that being said i would really appreciate comments and criticism on the list i cam up with below.

In our gaming group we play with power, so not bothered by optimised points.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Orks) [57 PL, 1072pts] ++

+ HQ +

• Warboss [4 PL, 99pts]: Attack Squig, Kombi-Skorcha, Power Klaw
  • Weirdboy [4 PL, 62pts]: 3. Da Jump
  • Weirdboy [4 PL, 62pts]: 3. Da Jump

+ Troops +

• Boyz [13 PL, 242pts]

Boss Nob: Kombi-Skorcha, Power Klaw

26x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa

3x Ork Boy W/ Big Shoota

• Boyz [13 PL, 242pts]

26x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa

3x Ork Boy W/ Big Shoota

• Boyz [9 PL, 176pts]

17x Ork Boy W/ Shoota

2x Ork Boy W/  Big Shoota

+ Elites +

• Mek [3 PL, 45pts]: Choppa, Grot Oiler, Kombi-Skorcha

+ Heavy Support +

• Mek Gunz [7 PL, 144pts]

3x Kustom Mega Kannon

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Orks) [21 PL, 478pts] ++

+ HQ +

• Boss Zagstruk [5 PL, 88pts]

+ Fast Attack +

• Grot Tanks [6 PL, 180pts]

Kommanda: 2x Rokkit Launcha, Shoota

3x Grot Tank: Rokkit Launcha, Shoota

• Stormboyz [5 PL, 105pts]

Boss Nob: Power Klaw

9x Stormboy

• Stormboyz [5 PL, 105pts]

Boss Nob: Power Klaw

9x Stormboy

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Orks) [22 PL, 452pts] ++

+ HQ +

Big Mek [5 PL, 98pts]: Grot Oiler, Kombi-Skorcha, Kustom Force Field

+ Elites +

• Nob w/ Waaagh! Banner [4 PL, 79pts]: Kustom Shoota
  • Tankbustas [4 PL, 95pts]: Bomb Squig

Boss Nob: Rokkit Launcha

4x Tankbusta: 4x Rokkit Launcha

• Tankbustas [4 PL, 95pts]: Bomb Squig

Boss Nob: Rokkit Launcha

4x Tankbusta: 4x Rokkit Launcha

+ Dedicated Transport +

• Trukk [5 PL, 85pts]: Big Shoota, Wreckin' Ball

The plan would be to Da Jump the 2 big blobs of slugga choppa boys up the board, with the stormboyz supporting on the turn after.

Big mek provides KFF for the characters that will likely be left behind.

The shoota boys will stay near the back and protect the mek guns from being charge, while the Mek heals the odd Wound on the guns.

Considering I have never played Orks, i appreciate any advice or suggestions to the list =)

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 129 posts
  • Army Name:BlooSkullz

well, it has a lot of moving parts. The Nob with Banna should be with the boyz to buff them. I am a big fan of Zagstrukk. Not a fan of Big shootas, mine do nothing. 

I have not used grot tanks or KMKs, so no help there, although Greggles likes his KMKs. I like fliers to deal mortal wounds, and I take some grots to babysit objectives. I think having the ability to deal mortal wounds is essential now. 

Anarchistscourge

Anarchistscourge

• Grotz
  • 2 posts
  • Army Name:The brown coats
If I was playing my points I probably wouldn't bother with the big shootas either. Which is great that my group plays with power =) having very little knowledge of Orkz, what are the ways we can get mortal wounds outside of smite?

dale7hp

dale7hp

• Grotz
  • 4 posts

only thing with jumping 2 units up the board is that's 2 different turns, id give 1 weird boy da jump and the other warpath, give the blob of 30 boyz +1 attack before sending them 9" away from the enemy.

As for mortal wounds we only have smite or our vehicles exploding. 

Also keeping the shoota boyz back again isnt a great plan, your sending your very squishy boyz up the field 1 unit at a time to get focused down, id be sending the shoota boyz forward to bubble wrap the waaagh banner nob untill hes close enough to get the sluga chopa boyz the +1 to hit in combat, from experience the +1 is very useful. 

also pushing the shoota boyz up gives the enemy something else that can put out allot of damage through the number of shots it puts out to shoot at other than the turkk full of tank bustas which you want to use to focus enemy vehicles or monsters. 

like the guys above have said id drop the big shootas from the sluga choppa mobs in place of normal boyz extra boyz with +1 attack is always useful as thats what those 2 mobs are for, and that might save enough points to add 1 or 2 more shoota boyz to the shoota unit. 

i like to take ghaz with a unit of 30 boyz and a banner, with a wierd boy in tow, gives them 6 attacks on the charge hitting on 2's that is allot of hurt 

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 129 posts
  • Army Name:BlooSkullz

boom bombs and burna bombs cause mortal wounds. Especially nasty against infantry. I use a blitza bomba: 2 boom bombs (1 per turn), then let it crash into an enemy unit.

Great for getting those back rank nasty units and characters.