Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1500Pts for Fun

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

AnthonyS

AnthonyS

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 113 posts

So this is what i'm currently playing with (since getting my Gorkanaut built):

Mek on Bike - kustom force field

Weirdboy - weirdboy staff, smite, Da Jump

Weirdboy - weirdboy staff, smite, Warpath

Nob with waaagh banner

Slugga Boys - 19, nob with 'uge choppa,

Shoota Boys - 30, nob with 'uge choppa

Grotz - 10

Killa Kans - 3, klaw and rokket

Gorkanaut, 2 rokkets, 2 twin linked big shootas, scorcha, deffstorm kannon

4 x Lobba - 2 grot krew each

Battlewagon - 'ard case, deff rolla

Battlewagon is run bare bones, as inspired by greggles.  Shoota boys get jumped up field on turn 1 so opponent is faced with choices on threat priority.

Tabled an Iron Warriors army with it and playing Primaris tonight.  

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 143 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls

Have you tried using buggies with rack of rokkits instead? One killa can with rokkit launcha does 0.5 hits while a buggy has 2 shots with 0.33 each so 0.66 while there is also the chance of 0.11 that both rokkits actually hit. Did you need the melee of the killa cans in the game you beat the iron warriors? Could be handy if somebody charges the gorkanaut.

Otherwise I would try the buggies, their mobility is great and you can distract people really well. With rokkits being 24" they are harder to outmaneuvered too.

Metal elitist & into game/level design.

AnthonyS

AnthonyS

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 113 posts

Good points.  I use Killa Kans main due to their multi-purpose nature.  They are good shots, very tough and decent enough in combat (pretty good when near the Waaagh banner).  They stomp around next to the Gorkanaut and look imposing.

The list was originally meant to be a walker-wall list, but the battlewagon has been so good i took it over a deff dread.  Having 2 T8 big things is really hard to deal with at 1500pts.

Plus i own the kan models, whilst i don't have buggies.

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 143 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls
Plus i own the kan models, whilst i don't have buggies.

Shame there is no good buggie model out there by GW even if I like to build things myself. More bitz are always good tho.

I would probably wait for the codex before I start building more buggies. Got 2 Skorchas but I really want to test all weapon options on them.

Hope killa kans will get a few more options but since GW only let's you use what's in the box I can't see killa kans with double deffgun :search
Some buffs like "if there is two or more killa kan units within 6" to this unit add 1 to the movement until it's not true anymore" could be sweat. Really waiting for the codex. :D

Metal elitist & into game/level design.

AnthonyS

AnthonyS

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 113 posts
So the kans were awesome in the game. They acted as a sweeper, hanging back to kill a unit of the infiltrating primaris, then started running up the board, killing the odd thing with rokkets, before taking out a few units in combat. Kan klaws against primaris are great.
  • warhead01 likes this