Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Story of Skumdreg - My Lore

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 374 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz

So in my spare time (since I've had the last 2 weeks off after finishing my Masters) I've been writing my own lore for my Ork Mob. Here is a beginning story for my Ork Warboss Skumdreg and how he got kicked out of the Goff Clan. Feel free to comment or suggest changes. I'm not the best at writing (I such at grammar) and I know this isn't entirely fully what Orks would be like but it's suitable enough for me. Also does anyone have any lore for their models?

Link to document: https://www.dropbox....art 1.docx?dl=0

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,851 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

Don't forget Skumdreg that we have the Tales of the Waaagh section for posting up fluff. It's limited to some new posters (as is the FBH) for starting threads, but if you're not at that point yet you wont be far off.

• Skumdreg likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,773 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

As Dim says, there is a section for fluff but as it's off limits for non-established members of the community it doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic.

Your fluff seems pretty good but deciphering the 'Ork-speak' is hard work - I get that they're orks (it's the main reason I'm reading it :lol ) but I'm reading it in English and I shouldn't have to be working that hard trying to figure out what they're saying to each other (it's easy to know what you mean when you write it, not so easy to guess what someone else meant when you come to read it) - so I'd tone that down a bit, other than that - it ain't Shakespeare but it's steady enough :cheers

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,851 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
As Badfang says, be sparing with Ork Speech. You just want to convey the style of speech. If you go overly phonetic, you can lose your audience. Check speech used in official fluff: there's a lot of standard spelling. If you need to do a mega hack-job to a word to Orkify it, it's possible they wouldn't use that word. It takes practice. I still overdo Orkspeech as well. It's a big temptation.
  • Blakkreaper likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 374 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz

Don't forget Skumdreg that we have the Tales of the Waaagh section for posting up fluff. It's limited to some new posters (as is the FBH) for starting threads, but if you're not at that point yet you wont be far off.

I swear I looked and couldn't see a section for it... Maybe because it was at the bottom it skipped my eye... I am very sorry! All new fluff will go there! Also I have an English to Ork translation (like google translate) that does it all for me because I'm Lazy and they is just for me and my friends. XD I keep it as that because it's for my own reading and I can read it pretty well but if I was to do anything for wide consumption I would do the Ork translation myself and mainly just keep it simple.