Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

8th edition armylist MADNESS!

- - - - - Torunament fun? as Rick as it gets?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,117 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

Here's what I will be attempting to play. Test game/fun game this Friday. 

Vanguard detachment 

Burna Boys mob

5 burna boys 85 X6 mobs 

War Trukk

1 war trukk82 X3

756 points for the trukks and burna boys.

Warphead 62 point (Da Jump)

Spearhead Detachment

Big Guns

Kannons X3 63

Mek Gunz 
KMK's X2 , Smasha Gunz X4  260 points

Deff Dread 2 Klaws, 2 Big shootas 131

Big Mek, Kff   75

Battalion detachment

War Boss with Big Choppa and Kustum dakka and attack squig 68

Boys X30 180 

Grots X30 90 (divided into 2 mobs, 10/20 or 15/15)

Pain boy power Klaw 65

This is 1750 even. 8 command points. 97 Power Level (?)

The plan is to deploy the grots, pain boy, Kff mek, around the deff dread. the mek guns behind a little and kannons as well. the trukks packed with butnas one side or the other of that the boys in a long line to prevent sneak attacks the warphead near enough but hidden.  the rest of the plan is trukks zooming around burning stuff. and things getting zortched by Mek gunz and kersploded by kannons. the boys are more or less just a distraction, maybe they'll grab up an objective?
 Well, I get to try this mess out Friday.
Tempted to look for a way to add one more KMK in place of one of the smasha gunz. Maybe drop a boy and a grot? 

Beyond that I don't know... 

I posted this on the B&C as well. The only reply so far is that I need to find a way to add more boys. 
and it got me thinking, what if I dropped my Warboss and one mob of Burnas to add one more Deff Dread? that leaves 22 points. so it occurs to me to drop a single boy to give my big mek a Kill saw. So, I think that might be a good plan. although I would prefer to keep all the burna boys.

Just now over my first sip of coffee I had the idea to drop the 3rd trukk and 1 burna boy for exactly 99 points. This will put GorGak back into the list. and make each of the 4 remaining burna boys mobs 6 strong. It also puts GorGak on foot with the Big Mek and Dreads in the grot wave.  I just don't know about this. as list puts this list up to I want to say 12 drops. (9 previously.) again. I'm notthrilled, with it as the War Boss serves no purpus in this list, a banner Nob would possibly be better, a second weird boy might be better still, for warpath. 
There may yet be a better way.

Oh well we'll see today. I may set myself at a disadvantage to see what will happen and to make it more difficult for me against my friend. 
Our last game didn't go very well for him and was over in about 3 turns. 

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,117 posts

I got to play Friday. Here's the list I used. 

Burna Boys mob

5 burna boys 85 X3 mobs 

War Trukk

1 war trukk82 X3

Spearhead Detachment

Big Guns

Kannons X3 63

Mek Gunz 

Deff Dread 2 Klaws, 2 Big shootas 131 X3

Big Mek, Kff   75 <warlord> 791

Battalion detachment

Boys X30 180 

Boys mob shootas. 10 boys 60 points

Grots X30 90

Burna Boys mob

5 burna boys 85 X3 mobs 

War Trukk

1 war trukk 82 X3

Pain boy power Klaw 65

1749 points.
I played this yesterday against Primaris Beakies. Orks were victorious again. 

I like this list so far it's not to different from what I was playing last edition. I'm looking to make it a little more brutal. My opponent said I should drop the third deff dread for more butna boys in a trukk. I'd cut down on them because I thought it would be too much for him to deal with.  the only useful change I could have made last game with out changing the points for any of my units would have been to use 30 shoota boys instead of slugga boys. I forgot to charge with them twice and failed the charger when I finally remembered on turn 4. The game was over by turn 4. If I make that change then I will likely use 2 mobs of 20 boys. 
The grot mob did very well and took no casualties in fact they gunned down 2 and a half of a 3 model strong Flying Primaris beakie unit.  
My only complaint is that I have no option not to buy the Pain boy a power Klaw. I'd have been happy with out it. 

I'm going to explore how to add more Mek guns to this list. 

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,481 posts

I'm curious how you use the burna boyz.  Do you drive around flaming out of the trukks or do you charge with them for the power weapons?

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,117 posts

I'm curious how you use the burna boyz.  Do you drive around flaming out of the trukks or do you charge with them for the power weapons?

They drive around flaming from the trukks. Unless I need to disembark them I wont. mostly they are meant to kill small units, single models or remnants of units.
With the mobility they can chase after objectives, support other units or what ever. There's a little psychology there too. the other player should decide to avoid them 
Most recently they've killed characters to shut down buffs, from the trukks. But as I said I prefer to have them finish off wounded things. 
Hey, they scare flyers a little too. 
It's not really a "competitive list" But it is a little scary. 

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,117 posts

I may have 3 more Kannons arriving later this week. I'm tempted to find a way to put these into this list some how. 

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,117 posts

Spearhead Detachment

Lootas Mob X6 lootas 102 points

Big Guns

Kannons X3 63

Mek Gunz 

Deff Dread 2 Klaws, 2 Big shootas 131 X3

Big Mek, Kff   75 <warlord> 

Battalion detachment

Boys X30 180 

Grots X30 90

Burna Boys mob

5 burna boys 85 X3 mobs 

War Trukk

1 war trukk 82 X3

Pain boy power Klaw 65

Dakka Jet 6 suppa shootas X1 Jet.

1999 points.

Thinking about this list for a 2000 point game against space wolves. 

I'm not really sure about the dakka Jet. He's mentioned bringing 4 or more Long fangs units in his current lists.I am thinking of a way to add 20 more ork boys to the list. I'm partly interested in the lootas as I expect he'll have several multi wound model units, thunder wolves for sure.  Kinda thinking about dropping 2 smasha guns as well for , if the points work out for it, 3 Zapp gunz. 
Maybe I don't need the kannons either. The more boys I take the more I'll need to a warboss and probably another weird boy.  
I'll think this over and post another list. 
The game is set for sunday.

AnthonyS

AnthonyS

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 141 posts

I like the list, its using loads of things you don't normally see.

Any battle reports, keen to see how you got on (and what you faced)

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,117 posts

I like the list, its using loads of things you don't normally see.

Any battle reports, keen to see how you got on (and what you faced)

A little ashamed to say I didn't go. I couldn't make the start time so I skipped. However I'll take this list up to 2K and have a game Sunday against the Space wolves. 

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,117 posts

Seems I super bad at math. Burna boys are 14 points not 17, which was stuck in my head as their costs. 

I've been 45 points under! Because I has the stupids. 
So, I'm thinking. 45+

Drop one Dread 131
And 2 smasha guns 82  

258 points back from the list above. 
Add 5 flash gitz, I just painted them after all. 135 
Add 3 Kannons I'm still painting them but were getting close to done. 63

That leaves 60 points. 
So, what to do with 60 points? I can round up a few more points or spend the 60. 
I could add 3 more lootas. 51 points making that mob 9 strong. 

I could just add 10 more boys. or 20 Grot.

What about dropping one loota +17 points, 77. then I just need a few more points and that's one more Burna boys mob. 

I should probably buy 5 ammo runts for the flash gits. 20 points. leaving 40 to spend. But I think I am actually 1 point under in that list and that's 41 points which gives me back one smasha gun. Nasty.

Well then.  
Here it is.

Spearhead Detachment

Flash Gitz X5 Ammo Runts X5 155points

Lootas Mob X6 lootas 102 points

Big Guns

Kannons X6  126

Mek Gunz 
KMK's X2 , Smasha Gunz X3  219points

Deff Dread 2 Klaws, 2 Big shootas 131 X2 262

Big Mek, Kff   75 <warlord> 

Battalion detachment

Boys X30 180 

Grots X30 90

Burna Boys mob

5 burna boys 70 X3 mobs  210

War Trukk

1 war trukk 82 X3 246

Pain boy power Klaw 65

Dakka Jet 6 suppa shootas X1 Jet. 148

2000 points. Better math. 

I'm not sure what the game is, we might use the open war cards, who knows. This army just sets up and shoots, still partly tempted to drop the lootas for 5 more burna boys. each trukk would have 2 mobs and the last trukk would have the Flash Gits. So, that's my side board for now, the left over points. either one more burna boy or trade out the Deff dread big shootas for KMB's (The don't over heat any more.) Maybe. 

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,117 posts

I'll burn up some bandwidth today trying to recount yesterdays game. It seemed like some kind of insurance contest.

I sole my friend my space Wolves late last month and they've been the right fit for his it seems. I've told him if things get too easy or too difficult just change your list. My collection is fairly large so he has quite a bit to play with. His fish'ead were fairly one dimensional as he tried to built a strong competitive build from his collection and "cried" about models he never bothered to use or collect things he would one day try.  Frankly they were never any fun to play against and sadly I've only ever beat them a few times...but I'm glad they're gone! 
His list was good he's working on an all comers list.

If I recall he had.

2 long fang squads

2 grey hunter squads (5 or 6 strong)

15 Blood claws with a squad leader

2 units of 5 long fangs one had a terminator squad leader with a Missile system

2 units of 3 thunder wolves

2 dreads with axe's and shields

1 rune priest on foot

A Hero on thunder wolf (I'm not sure which LvL of hero it was)

Logan Grimnar in hit dog sled. 

We played mission 3 and rolled far side deployment, meaning we had short edge deployments.

He finished deploying first and we tied for first turn 2 or 3 times with the die roll finally we both rolled 1's so he took first turn with the +1 I failed to seize first turn. (For part of the game until the end I thought,for some reason, that I had had the first half of the round. finding I had the last say in the game kept me trying to find away to steal a win in the last 2 rounds

Spoilers Orks didn't win. 

Hell. After looking at his list I don't even regard mine as competitive despite all my shooting.

I deployed in a cramped line of 5 mek guns kinda centered and in my KFF bubble 2 trukks with burna boys on my right the third trukk had the flash gits on my left and my far left was a row of 6 kannons, most of them were in a ruined building on the ground floor. 

I wasn't sure if he had any sneak attack units so I set up my grots and boys to protect my entire back field with my 30 boys in the very back. I'd planned to pop them off on an action packed adventure after the Wolves had made me some space and battle had been joined. Sadly this wouldn't work out the way I had hoped. 
The wolves advanced and took fire from my Orks but would on turn two begin their charges. My scrumgrod has the tendency to turn a flank on his opponent and so he began to do that to me as per his usual.  The Orks were trying to fight out of this but were out of position.

My burna trukks were charged by Logan Grimnar who destroyed one of them only 3 escaped the destroyed trukk. The second trukk was simply locked in.  the 3 burna boys from the lead trukk were locked in by 3 thunder wolves who had also charged their trukk.  His shooting damaged both deff dreads very badly as my KFF rolls didn't come up. He also put some damage on a Kannon But decided after that that they weren't worth shooting at.

Orks turn.2

2 units disembarked the locked trukk and advanced toward the Rune priest to cook him. Sadly this didn't happen and those boys would be slaughter buy Dreadnoughts and Heroes in the next turn.  I moved a bit so I could move the trukk with the Flash Gitz up to have los for shooting. Shooting was ok Killed a few more long fangs and sent out some wounds but shooting wouldn't be good until turn 3. If I recall the Flash Gitz shot twice for three turns then their luck ran out, but they would survive the game. 
I was already running damage control. Orks were in some trouble. 
Wolves turn three, more charges. Logan would destroy the trukk easily and set up for the next combat to pointlessly assist in slaughtering 10 burna boys who would never get to fight back. His Blood claws and thunder wolves would kill both of my dreads in the next two turns, they didn't explode.  Things were looking bad. My army more or less spends the next turn killing all of his blood claws. 

What's really stopping me? a few things Poor rolls for shooting or not wounding, his storm shields blocking my ap and his FnP on the dreads just to rub it in. 

The next turn he'd still be landing in combats and Logan would finally flank me killing 8 of my 10 shoota boys and finally charge my 30 slugga boys but that was his mistake. There's nothing worse than a board slugga boys mob suddenly finding them selves excited! and in the next 3 combats they'd beaten Logan to death. and were ported away! finally. 

I'm starting the think we really lost track of the turns or something. Or it's I'm not really sure now what's happen when. 

The boys would land on a close objective behind a building and out of sight, safe. I'd finally killed all of his Long fangs, my dakka jet has circled the board in a figure eight and is now in his deployment zone again about 6" from the board edge having flown 60" to get there, and shoot.  The games just a blur of madness at this point artillery destroyed, speed bumping with artillery krews and trying to keep track of the objectives and looking for my end game. He's down to one dread and his rune priest in my deployment zone. At some point I've ported the flash gitz off to clear out and try to score the objective worth 4 points they will manage to clean it and claim it but two of them ant 2 surviving ammo runt will be gunned down. But before that they would be in my lines and charged by a Dread as part of that combind charge, I think they weren't attacked it was just a mess. 
Back near that objective they'd takes they were charged by some thunder wolves but were saved by...and you'll never believe it! a charge roll of 2 ones. and -2 to charge range for crossing terrain! Brilliant! Unfortunately this would contest my control of that 4 point objective. 
On turn 5, I got the idea. I moved my 16 or 18 slugga boys off the safe objective to prep a charge against the Dread that I had been trying to destroy for quite a bit. He had to go. Couldn't have him in my deployment zone threatening objectives any more. I could win this in another turn! (Seemed to me, at the time.) 

I port my lootas out of their building on to the objective that my slugga boys had just left. everything shoota at the dread it's down to 2 or 3 wounds now and the slugga boys charge in pile on and every body gets to fight. say 18 boys, including the nob, every body needs 5+ to wound. The dread needs like 25 saves after that and dies to a hand full of ones! 
But the game ends.  

He'd earned warlord, first blood and line breaker he held 2, 2 point objectives.  7 points. *Probably 8 points
I'd gotten line breaker and war lord and held 2, 2 point objectives 6 points.

He was contesting the one point objective and the 4 point objective. 

3 hours of me trying to not lose the game! And nearly winning. In the next turn, had their been one I could have, probably retaken the 4 point objective but would have lost the 1 point objective. which was "held" by a single grot gunner. (*Or maybe That guy had already ran away... Probably that.)

It would have come down to a lot of luck and finally having good rolls. 
Best game we've played in years!

What do I want to change? I think I can afford to drop at least one more mek gun and 1 or 2 kannons. Ork drop 2 mek guns and keep all the kannons.

What went well?

the flash Gitz did amazing for their first outing. those and the boys were my top performers. the Weird boys did better than I described, I'm not sure we payed him correctly as I did end up casting ,attempting to cast 2 powers a turn. (I have no idea if that's allowed, have to look.) 

Unfortunately I know I need more boys in this list. But It needs something else as well. I may drop 5 burna boys for their points back.

If I had had a unit of tank bustas in my back field I might have had a use for them. It would have been easy to hide them in the back they might have helped against the dreads. (very likely.) I think I'd like more flash gitz as well. The dreads didn't live up to my expectations exactly. But that was partly our dice his good rolls and my poor rolls. 

I may stick in 3 killa kans for the next list, replacing one dread and what ever else.

Enough of this for now. 
Thanks for reading. Sorry I didn't take any pictures.

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,117 posts

Funny thing. After the new points adjustments I have enough points left over for 2 Kill saws and 1 big choppa. 
The kill saws were given to the pain boy and the Big mek and the Big choppa given to the shoota boys nob.  Neat.