Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Guardiancon 1750.

- - - - - Torunament fun? as Rick as it gets?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,060 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

Here's what I will be attempting to play. Test game/fun game this Friday. 

Vanguard detachment 

Burna Boys mob

5 burna boys 85 X6 mobs 

War Trukk

1 war trukk82 X3

756 points for the trukks and burna boys.

Warphead 62 point (Da Jump)

Spearhead Detachment

Big Guns

Kannons X3 63

Mek Gunz 
KMK's X2 , Smasha Gunz X4  260 points

Deff Dread 2 Klaws, 2 Big shootas 131

Big Mek, Kff   75

Battalion detachment

War Boss with Big Choppa and Kustum dakka and attack squig 68

Boys X30 180 

Grots X30 90 (divided into 2 mobs, 10/20 or 15/15)

Pain boy power Klaw 65

This is 1750 even. 8 command points. 97 Power Level (?)

The plan is to deploy the grots, pain boy, Kff mek, around the deff dread. the mek guns behind a little and kannons as well. the trukks packed with butnas one side or the other of that the boys in a long line to prevent sneak attacks the warphead near enough but hidden.  the rest of the plan is trukks zooming around burning stuff. and things getting zortched by Mek gunz and kersploded by kannons. the boys are more or less just a distraction, maybe they'll grab up an objective?
 Well, I get to try this mess out Friday.
Tempted to look for a way to add one more KMK in place of one of the smasha gunz. Maybe drop a boy and a grot? 

Beyond that I don't know... 

I posted this on the B&C as well. The only reply so far is that I need to find a way to add more boys. 
and it got me thinking, what if I dropped my Warboss and one mob of Burnas to add one more Deff Dread? that leaves 22 points. so it occurs to me to drop a single boy to give my big mek a Kill saw. So, I think that might be a good plan. although I would prefer to keep all the burna boys.

Just now over my first sip of coffee I had the idea to drop the 3rd trukk and 1 burna boy for exactly 99 points. This will put GorGak back into the list. and make each of the 4 remaining burna boys mobs 6 strong. It also puts GorGak on foot with the Big Mek and Dreads in the grot wave.  I just don't know about this. as list puts this list up to I want to say 12 drops. (9 previously.) again. I'm notthrilled, with it as the War Boss serves no purpus in this list, a banner Nob would possibly be better, a second weird boy might be better still, for warpath. 
There may yet be a better way.

Oh well we'll see today. I may set myself at a disadvantage to see what will happen and to make it more difficult for me against my friend. 
Our last game didn't go very well for him and was over in about 3 turns. 

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,060 posts

I got to play Friday. Here's the list I used. 

Burna Boys mob

5 burna boys 85 X3 mobs 

War Trukk

1 war trukk82 X3

Spearhead Detachment

Big Guns

Kannons X3 63

Mek Gunz 
KMK's X2 , Smasha Gunz X4  260 points

Deff Dread 2 Klaws, 2 Big shootas 131 X3

Big Mek, Kff   75 <warlord> 791

Battalion detachment

Boys X30 180 

Boys mob shootas. 10 boys 60 points

Grots X30 90

Burna Boys mob

5 burna boys 85 X3 mobs 

War Trukk

1 war trukk 82 X3

Pain boy power Klaw 65

1749 points.
I played this yesterday against Primaris Beakies. Orks were victorious again. 

I like this list so far it's not to different from what I was playing last edition. I'm looking to make it a little more brutal. My opponent said I should drop the third deff dread for more butna boys in a trukk. I'd cut down on them because I thought it would be too much for him to deal with.  the only useful change I could have made last game with out changing the points for any of my units would have been to use 30 shoota boys instead of slugga boys. I forgot to charge with them twice and failed the charger when I finally remembered on turn 4. The game was over by turn 4. If I make that change then I will likely use 2 mobs of 20 boys. 
The grot mob did very well and took no casualties in fact they gunned down 2 and a half of a 3 model strong Flying Primaris beakie unit.  
My only complaint is that I have no option not to buy the Pain boy a power Klaw. I'd have been happy with out it. 

I'm going to explore how to add more Mek guns to this list. 

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,470 posts

I'm curious how you use the burna boyz.  Do you drive around flaming out of the trukks or do you charge with them for the power weapons?

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,060 posts

I'm curious how you use the burna boyz.  Do you drive around flaming out of the trukks or do you charge with them for the power weapons?

They drive around flaming from the trukks. Unless I need to disembark them I wont. mostly they are meant to kill small units, single models or remnants of units.
With the mobility they can chase after objectives, support other units or what ever. There's a little psychology there too. the other player should decide to avoid them 
Most recently they've killed characters to shut down buffs, from the trukks. But as I said I prefer to have them finish off wounded things. 
Hey, they scare flyers a little too. 
It's not really a "competitive list" But it is a little scary. 

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,060 posts

I may have 3 more Kannons arriving later this week. I'm tempted to find a way to put these into this list some how.