Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Battlewagon Bash

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,470 posts

So I am trying to make a variant of the 5th Ed. Battlewagon style list work.  Looking to get some thoughts and whatnot from people.  

Everything is in a single Batallion.

Big Mek: Warbike, PK, KFF

Weirdboy

Boyz x20: PK

Gretchin x10

Gretchin x10

Tankbustas x15: PK

Nob w/Waaaagh Banner

Burnas x15

Skorcha Buggies x3

Skorcha Buggies x3

Deffkopta

Battlewagon: Big Shoota

As far as tactics go, the Gretchin can act as screens to eat up smites if need be.  They can also guard my flanks from deep striking type things.  I know the buggies and Koptas are not fan favorites, but with the Skorchas I think they might work.  I give up some movement and the ability to hit anything the turn they arrive with the weapon and they in turn act as a small deterrent on things charging me and can show up anywhere if I am playing against someone with a lot of deployment shenanigans etc.  The same thing for the lone deffkopta.  

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 129 posts
  • Army Name:BlooSkullz

not a list I have tried. Suggest putting a burna bomb on the deffkopta. Cheap mortal wounds.

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,470 posts

Good call on the deffkopta bomb.  It is free too if memory serves.

orkdom

orkdom

Flash Git

• Deathskullz
  • 1,064 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krimzun Feendzz

One thing you should be doing is splitting the Tankbustas into three units of 5; three times the Nobs for the same price. Also, I'm sure you can make points for a couple more Wyrdboyz to split the Wagons out into a Spearhead and some Elites out into a Vanguard. +2 CP for the loss of, say, 2 Skorcha Buggies. If you split up the Burnas and Tankbustas, you can also mix the units around some, so you're not giving your opponent any situationally-obvious targets.

The Universe is Orkdom.

QUOTE (Ork Codex 4th Edition)
Gork and Mork are divine powerhouses, deities so strong they are never truly defeated. They simply shrug off the attacks of other gods with a raucous laugh. Gork grins, bearing his long teeth, and lands a mighty blow on his adversary's head with a spiked club the size of a comet. Mork, the master of cunning, waits until his foe isn't looking before clobbering him with a low blow.

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,470 posts

I like the burnas all in one.  It allows me to use a reroll to potentially get max hits on the one roll for every burna nonsense.  The Tankbustas into three squads seems like a solid idea though.  Would allow me to voltron out if I need to later in the game.  I can also sacrifice just 5 of them to charge a screen or something if I am desperate.  Flexibility and whatnot.

orkdom

orkdom

Flash Git

• Deathskullz
  • 1,064 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krimzun Feendzz

Yeah, it's not quite as useful for the Burnas themselves, especially given the Command Re-roll, but great with the Tankbustas for all sorts of reasons.

The Universe is Orkdom.

QUOTE (Ork Codex 4th Edition)
Gork and Mork are divine powerhouses, deities so strong they are never truly defeated. They simply shrug off the attacks of other gods with a raucous laugh. Gork grins, bearing his long teeth, and lands a mighty blow on his adversary's head with a spiked club the size of a comet. Mork, the master of cunning, waits until his foe isn't looking before clobbering him with a low blow.

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 156 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh
I concur with the general opinion that Burnas d3 hampers their use. Hopefully their points will be adjusted or the d3 will see an increase.

However...how comes that no one names the crappy special rule they have?

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,470 posts

You mean auto-pass morale?  A) it is dumb.  B) I basically never have to take morale tests with them.