Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2500 all infantry

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

PhillyT

PhillyT

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 905 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz
Fielding this Sunday. Thoughts?

Big Mek: kustom force field; power klaw 100
Big Mek: kustom force field; big choppa 84
Kaptin Badrukk 84
Boss Snikrot 69

30 Boyz: shootas; 3× big shoota; Boss Nob (power klaw) 223
10 Gretchin 30

15 Kommandos: 2× burna; Boss Nob (power klaw) 160
15 Tankbustas: Boss Nob; 5× Bomb Squig 305
9 Nobz: 5× power stabba; 3× big choppa; power klaw; + 1 Boss Nob (power klaw) 262
10 Burna Boyz 140

9 Flash Gitz: + 1 Kaptin; 9× Ammo Runt 306
15 Lootas 210
9 Flash Gitz: + 1 Kaptin; 9× Ammo Runt 306

2,502 points

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 166 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls

Why would you do that? You don't even have a lot of boyz on the field.

I think you gimp yourself big time not taking transports for some of the special units.

Metal elitist & into game/level design.

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,470 posts

So I tried something somewhat similar a few weeks back for a tournament.  It was 2k points and I used 2 units of Lootas instead on that unit of tankbustas, and it was okay.  I had trouble with dealing with stormravens.  

Aside from that, I like the concept a lot.  I would suggest a couple of weirdboyz in the mix.  The smites are super useful as is DA Jump on a unit if needed.  Maybe drop the Burna boyz so you can get a heavy support detachment and an elite detachment, each led by a weirdboy.

PhillyT

PhillyT

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 905 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

The list worked well.  The advantages to this style of list re that anti-vehicle weapons on the opposing side are effectively useless.  There is nothing to really shoot.  They end up burning them on multi-wound infantry in an attempt to recoup the losses and you just kill an ammo runt.

Its disadvantages are that it is pretty much going to need to slog it forward and command its specific zone.  If you face an army that can field oppressive anti-infantry and loaded up for that, you're in trouble.  On the other hand, if you go full on crazy, you can drop the burnas, the kommandos, lootas, and snikrot and replace them with another couple unit of nobz.  Nobz with their 4+ and ammo runts are so hard to kill with anti-infantry that you can pile through what shots arrive and crush most things in melee.  

Meanwhile in the back, the flashgitz pummel the enemy with their outstanding shooting.  Move them to within range of the enemy deployment zone (takes two turns of walking forward to get within range of most of that area's table.  

Biggest challenges are storm raven lists (though to be honest, stormraven lists don't have a great deal to shoot at here).  Lack of speed can be an issue as well though most objective style games are pretty well covered by the shear volume of wounds on the table.

My most recent list that was really just for fun and to see if I could maximize all of my nob style models:

Big Mek: kustom force field; power klaw 100

Big Mek: kustom force field; big choppa 84
Kaptin Badrukk 84
Boss Snikrot 69

10 Gretchin 30

15 Tankbustas: Boss Nob; 5× Bomb Squig 305

9 Nobz: 3× power stabba; 4× big choppa; power klaw; + 1 Boss Nob (power klaw) 10 ammo runts 305
9 Nobz: 3× power stabba; 4× big choppa; power klaw; + 1 Boss Nob (power klaw) 10 ammo runts 305

9 Flash Gitz: + 1 Kaptin; 10× Ammo Runt 310

The idea here is to hurl the nobz and boyz forward in a wave.  The flash gitz grab the midfield and rain in fire.  Most armies will struggle to stop those nob units with anti-infantry fire with their 4+/5++ and ablative grots.  If they do, they ignored the boyz and certainly the flashgitz.

Struggles have been dealing with vehicles with shooting.  You have to get into melee.