Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Weirdboy conversion

- - - - - weirdboy

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

The Normal

The Normal

Parasite Huntin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 81 posts
  • Army Name:Mekaladz

Yo!

Since the 8th ed favours psykers, I decided my Waaagh needed some weirdboys. I don´t have acess to any hobby store to get one easy and fast (closest one is 2 continents away), so I picked up a spare boy and sacavenged my bits box (can you guess where are all from?).

yEy56oq.jpg

After a quick visit to the painboy to make him bigger

N7s60tV.jpg

Added some bits together, stretchned the legs with plasticard ahd got this mock up

iKA2IJz.jpg

The legs got some greenstuff for blending, and I also sculpted some parts of the torso, to make him bigger.

QXPkpv4.jpg

After this on to painting. Actually, it´s already done, but I´ll take decent pictures with the camera tomorrow and post it in the trophy rack.

While i was building him, I got some more ideias, that will be put to fruition for the next weirdboys, because I want at least 3 of them  :yes 

C&C Always welcome :cheers:

• Zagursnik, Badfang Brassaxe, Snarknit Grokguzz and 2 others like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Always a pleasure to see GW getting a decent hack job, fink me DeffSkullz might be needing a weirdboy or two soon and looting other peoples' ideas is so much less mither than having to come up with them myself :biggrin

• Giganotosaurus likes this

brettfp

brettfp

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
  • Army Name:Kult of Speed
That looks great! Really clever use of bits :)

The Normal

The Normal

Parasite Huntin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 81 posts
  • Army Name:Mekaladz

Thanks guys! 

Here´s the finished mini

cB1d21V.jpg

More pics in Da Trophy Rack http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=54823

• Badfang Brassaxe, Snarknit Grokguzz, Giganotosaurus and 2 others like this

AnthonyS

AnthonyS

Ridin' Boar

• Boyz
  • 117 posts
Looks great

ghaleon88

ghaleon88

Gargant Krew

• Goffz
  • 2,847 posts
  • Army Name:Grotsbane's Krumpas

That looks awesome! :thumbs

I like how you've done that glowing effect on the skull matching the weirdboy's own glowing eye. I've been planning something similar for my own weirdboy conversion; hopefully I can pull off something that looks as good as that!

I like the chain on the arm too. It reminds me of how the 2nd edition weirdboyz had minderz to try to keep them under control. I was thinking about doing something similar but couldn't find a way to make it look right. It looks great on your model though! Maybe I'll try again.

• Snarknit Grokguzz likes this
Sneeky invisork: 4 2 3 4 1 2 2 7 5+

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 323 posts

Ditto on the glowing eye bits - this is a really nice job!

• The Normal likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weirdboy