Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1500 Points - Badrukk's Boyz

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Cakelord

Cakelord

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 3 posts

I just love the Kaptin Badrukk and Flash Gitz models, so I am trying to find a decently competitive list to incorporate them into (not looking to go win tournaments).

The problem though is that my list normally has Tankbustas in them (1500pts I use 2 squads in Trukks) that always do a lot of work, but including these AND Badrukk with his Flash Gitz is just too expensive. 

Would a few Kannons and the Flash Gitz be enough anti tank/monster dakka?

Do the Gitz have enough staying power if I put them underneath a KFF?

Would a Painboy be a better choice instead of a Big Mek with KFF?

All my ranged units will be deployed in a sort of gunline, with one squad of Flash Gitz rushing forward to try and tarpit assault units that got through my infantry if need be.

Spearhead Detachment

HQ

Kaptin Badrukk - 3 Ammo Runts

Big Mek -  Big Choppa, KFF, Grot Oiler

Heavy Support

4 Big Gunz - Kannon  

5 Flash Gitz - 5x Ammo Runt 

5 Flash Gitz - 5x Ammo Runt 

Battalion Detachment

HQ

Warboss - PK, Shoota, Attack Squig

Weirdboy (Da Jump)

Troops

30 Boyz - Nob w/ Big Choppa

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

Swap kanons for KMK's. (that is our best anti "ranged" vehicle/monster at the moment".

Flash gitz need wagons.  Their lack of save and high power level means they will be massively targeted.  (Most armies can deal with 120 boyz sadly) Battle wagon makes it harder to get to them, and they can dakka away happily.  Otherwise most of their targeting will be at the flash gitz, as their 

Need a waaagh banner for the boyz. (must take if nothing else.  I'd also sneak a painboy in there)

Cakelord

Cakelord

• Grotz
  • 3 posts

I had been thinking about using KMK instead of normal Kannons, but felt that with the list I had, I'd prefer some extra normal Kannons. I will get rid of a unit of Boyz and add in some extra anti armor. The reason I had 4 units of Boyz is that even though it is a lot of bodies, Boyz do melt easily when taking fire, and Painboys have not been doing great in my games so far. I could try again with a Painboy.

As for the Flash Gitz, they have a KFF and 10 ammo runts that can soak up some damage from weapons that do multiple wounds. 

I feel that if I put them in a Battlewagon I am removing what makes them great shooters in the first place. They can't take any grots since grots now take up transport space, and Kaptin Badrukk's aura won't work anymore either as far as I know. 

I'll have to see in actual battles how durable they will be without a Battlewagon. Maybe Flash Gitz are more suited to higher points games where there are more scary threats on the board and they can be footslogging all they want, but that is another discussion in itself since it would make this whole list meaningless.

Thanks for the different standpoints and tips so far, I appreciate it.

Here is my updated armylist:

Spearhead Detachment

HQ

Kaptin Badrukk - 2 Ammo Runts

Big Mek -  Choppa, KFF

Heavy Support

2 Mek Gunz - KMK

2 Mek Gunz - KMK

Battalion Detachment

HQ

Warboss - Big Choppa, Shoota, Attack Squig

Weirdboy (Da Jump)

Elites

Painboy 

Nob w/ Waaagh Banner 

Troops

29 Boyz - Nob w/ Big Choppa

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts

Good point on the kaptins aura.  I had forgotten about that.  I think with bare flash gitz, they'd still be effective in a battlewagon, but losing the wagon hurts.  (you'd still be able to use the ammo runts to reroll from the wagon).

StormGuard

StormGuard

Bag Squig

• Boyz
  • 102 posts

I do love Flash Gitz, and also plan on building a list around them soon,  I have Badrukk and 10x Flash Gitz + Ammo Runtz to build at the moment, and hopefully will be getting more at some point, but at the moment I'm sorting out a Morkanaut / Gorkanaut list so the Flash Gitz list is on the back burna for now.

I do however look forward to hearing how yours do in game, as any tips would be much appreciated.

Onwards and Upwards.

SG.

Demo Charges 101:  Pull Pin, Throw, Run Away Very Fast.

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts

Oops ignore!

Cakelord

Cakelord

• Grotz
  • 3 posts

(you'd still be able to use the ammo runts to reroll from the wagon).

I did not know that, and it makes the Battlewagon option a lot more attractive. The Kaptin's aura will be a great miss though, if not purely because I love the idea of fielding him with his band of Flash Gitz purely for style points.  

It will be a few weeks before I can play some games again, but I will make a separate list to try out that includes a Battlewagon (and removes Badrukk + Big Mek).

I do however look forward to hearing how yours do in game, as any tips would be much appreciated.

Sadly, it will take a few weeks before I'm able to put some games in again (got to love working in shifts), but if I don't forget I'll PM you with my findings so far. Note that I will not fight against any GT Armylists most probably, so my results will probably be better than if I'd play in a true competitive environment.

• StormGuard likes this