Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ork Shanty Town WIP

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

AncientSociety

AncientSociety

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 124 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krimzon Spaz Piratez
With Chicago Bolt Action being set with about 3-4 tables worth of my terrain for events like Operation Sting and Adepticon, as well as just finishing a table for Frostgrave, I thought it was time to revisit the old Necromunda/40K terrain bundle for Adepticon and other local events. With that in mind, and after having played through Borderlands once again, I decided to take a crack at some non-Imperial terrain - an Ork Shanty Town. Much like my previous human shanty town (which is currently on loan to the guys over at Hyacinth Games, makers of Wreck-Age), these are based on old CDs, with walls of poster foamboard, covered in cereal cardboard with riveting added to the edges. The roofs are all corrugated cardboard (all of a corrugation is the smallest available - known as "E-type" - to fit appropriately into the 28mm scale). I'm adding gubbinz, old bitz, and parts from old toys as detailing. Each shanty is sized a little differently - some are large for Nobs, others for Boyz, and the smallest for Grotz.

More pics and info below:

21122549_1983310558615031_75547668654313

• Zagursnik, greggles and brettfp like this

MagicOrk

MagicOrk

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blood Spitta's

Looking good! 

I made a couple of ork buildings with a similar method, myself. Looking forward to seeing the end result!

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 466 posts
  • Army Name:Askari Legion (Blood Axes)

Buildings look great and the circular bases will keep them in solid shape. I used aluminum cans with a crimper to make the corrugated roofing, but paper works just fine too.