Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2017 Nova Narrative 40k Lists and Bat Rep (Dread Mob/Mech Orks)

- - - - - Nova battlereport battle report 1000 1500 2000 2500 tournament dread mob trust in rust

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

newcamera1_orig.jpg

orks3_orig.jpg

Hey all, I had typed this up all nice and pretty the other day, then the forum ate my post.  So trying this again, but this time in a word document!

I just got back from Nova Open this year, and played seven games with my orks in the Narrative.  The narrative is a great event, and highly recommend it to players who are new to the tournament scene, and want to have a good time.  The lists are tough, but they aren’t ridiculous, and the missions are fun (like shuttle crash), which adds quite a lot of variety.

Spoiler:  The orks went 4-3, and ranked 6th overall (out of 72 players) due to battle points. (when I lost, I still got a lot of points)

Photos and detailed explanations are at

http://www.feedyourn...s-40k-narrative

This post is mainly to talk about the lists I ran.

Game 1: Orks vs Suit fish'ead 2000 points (1-0)

(Of course I’d be facing fish'ead, not once, but twice this tournament)

Spearhead

Big Mek on Bike with KFF
Weirdboy (warphead)

Gorkanaut
Gorkanaut
Meka Dread (mega charga/rattler cannon)

Spearhead
Big Mek on Bike with KFF
Zharsnark

Waaaagh Banner Nob

3x Killa kans with rokkit
3x Killa Kans with rokkit
3x Killa kans with mega blasta

Opponent was fish'ead suits.  Commander, crisis suits deep striking, riptide, broadsides, and some FW suit firing.  Lost a gork turn 1.  Got the meka into combat right away, pinning the riptides down.  With the riptides power off the table, I was able to put enough pressure on the suits to slowly wear them down.  Kans with waagh banner are great!

Game 2: Ork Mech vs tin'eads (1000 points)  (2-0)

Battallion

Zharsnark
Big Mek on bike with KFF

Waaagh banner nob
Mad Doc

2x 18 choppa boyz + nob
10 gretchin

2x battle wagon with ard case, deff rolla.

Turn 1 took the orks roughly 8 seconds.  Advanced everything, tin'eads turn.  tin'ead player was mixed warrior blobs with deathmark support and walker/barge.  He didn’t do enough damage to the orks.  Turn 2 the orks disembarked and engaged nearly the entire tin'ead army at once.

Game 3: Ork Mech + Inquisition vs Chaos + Blood Angels (1k+1k vs 1k+1k) Team game  (2-1)

Same list as above.

Strategems and obliterators are nuts.  Even with the KFF, lost a battle wagon turn 1, and one unit of orks was eviscerated by shots.  Still almost won, came down to a nurgling fighting two grots (only obj sec on board). Grots lost.

Game 4: Ork Brigade vs Sisters/Knights (2500 points) (3-1)

Brigade
Zharsnark
Big Mek KFF on bike
Big Mek KFF on bike
Weirdboy (da jump)
Weirdboy (warphead)

Runtherder
mad doc
waaagh banner nob

2x 18 choppa boyz + nob
2x 9 shoota boyz + nob
2x 10 gretchin

Buggy with twin shoota
Buggy with twin shoota
Buggy with twin shoota

Gorkanaut
Gorkanaut
Meka Dread (mega charger/rattler cannon)
2x Battlewagon with ard case, deff rolla

This was a brutal brutal game.  Sisters are insane!  His list was exorcists, imperial knight, celestine + seraphim, insane amounts of multimeltas and flamers + faith banners for 3 a turn. 

Basically came down to secondary objectives, and me having killed Celestine (twice) and her seraphim (denying him linebreaker and his secondary objectives).

Game 5: Ork Mech vs Genestealer Cult (1000 points) (3-2)

Same mech list as before.  Opponnent brought 48 gene stealers, patriarch, broodlord, and malethrope.

Massive slaughterfest back and forth.  Eventually the boyz died, and it was just the wagons vs 12 gene stealers and the patriarch, which wiped the wagons.  (everything else was dead).  Still got a ton of points!

Game 6: Mini Ork Dread Mob vs CSM (1500 points) (3-3)

Spearhead
Big Mek with KFF

Gorkanaut
Gorkanaut
Meka Dread

Outrider
Zharsnark

Buggy with twin shoota
Buggy with Twin Shoota
Buggy with Twin Shoota

Great game vs fantastic opponent.  I made a tactical error on my deployment, which cost me the game.  Had I deployed more neutrally, would have taken the win.  Gorkanauts did the most damage I’ve ever seen in a game, killing a beserker squad + characters, a rhino, and 30 cultists in a single turn.

Game 7: Mini Ork Dread Mob + Guard vs fish'ead + Nids (4-3)  1500+1500 vs 1500+1500

Same list as game 6.  This was the longest 40k game I ever played.  5 hours.  fish'ead player had a stormsurge + suits + reroll + marker lights + endless shooting phase.  Nid player (same as previous nid player) brought 90 termagaunts + swarmlord + genestealers.  Somehow we ended up winning after 5 hours.  It was ridiculous.

Remember if you want to see photos of the battle reports, visit

http://www.feedyourn...s-40k-narrative

I just didn't want to break the forum again! :)

• lachlin, orkdom, Badfang Brassaxe and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nova, battlereport, battle report, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, tournament, dread mob, trust in rust