Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

meka dred or mork/gorkanawt

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: mokanawt/gorkanawt vs meka dread (11 member(s) have cast votes)

looks

1. mekadread (5 votes [45.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. mokanawt (6 votes [54.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

stats

1. meka dread (5 votes [45.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. morkanawt/gorkanawt (6 votes [54.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

prising

1. mokanawt/gorkanawt (7 votes [63.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. meka dread (4 votes [36.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

da noob

da noob

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 26 posts

1st looks what looks better i pesonaly think that the morcanowt /gorkanawt look better and genarly more orky i also like that you can see the inside of it.

2nd stats here there is only one cleer answer  in my opinon and thats the meka dred.

3rdpicing i think for how mutch the meka dred dose it s over priced but the morka/gorkanawt needs a lot of plastic and it looks awsome

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

The gorkanaut is a close combat beast.  Nothing compares to it.  It competes directly against the imperial knights for raw damage output. (better CC, worse shooting).

The Meka dread is good at tying up enemy forces (mega charga), and monster/vehicle killing.  It suffers due to it's T7 (T8 is really really good) which reduces its survivability, and it is not as good as killing a mass of troops.  Two gorks can wipe an entire board quadrant by themselves easily.  36 CC attacks is no joke.  The rattler cannon is good on the meka, but it's very variable due to the 2d6 shots. (sometimes it does nothing).

To give you an idea of the raw combat potential of two gorkanauts.  A full strength unit of 30 cultists, rhino, 10+ khorne beserkers and buffing characters...all wiped in a single turn by two gorks.  Like a gaping hole in the battlefield that was.

I really think when the mega dread comes out, we will have our favorite dread.  Double heavy skorcha's and a supa skorcha will make it the most terrifying dread on the battlefield.  4d6 auto hits a turn and when you charge it? Yes please.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,773 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Well, I would vote but since I haven't got the stats for the Meka I can't really comment on the second point and my votes will only be accepted if I fill out all three. For appearance I'd vote Meka, for pricing I got mine in an FW bundle deal with a Mega - worked out at £10 each more than GW are asking for the GoMo, I've got a Meka and two Mega's (one scratchbuilt) in my DeffSkullz walker mob, zero GoMo's.

PhillyT

PhillyT

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 973 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz
Meka dredd is way over priced currently.

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts

I don't know about that.  It's cheaper then two deff dreads, and way more effective then them.  (being able to fall back, shoot, and charge is ridiculously strong).  If it got even cheaper, I'd squee.

PhillyT

PhillyT

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 973 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz
It's not significantly more durable though and is only one target as opposed to two.

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts

True, but that 4+ FNP (until it degrades) does help initially.  I think giving it T8 would help over dropping the points too much.  (it was av13 originally!).

• Gitkilla likes this

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 191 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls

True, but that 4+ FNP (until it degrades) does help initially.  I think giving it T8 would help over dropping the points too much.  (it was av13 originally!).

Yes this would be a good idea imo. Even if you could say it gets plating for T8 or the KFF.

And tbf I think the deff dread is just overpriced. With BS 5 the ranged weapons just suck (auto hit weapons are fine ofc). I guess even drawing fire would be handled better by something else.

Also I like to compare killa cans to buggies which are more mobile, hit better due to more shots and are only worse in CC (where killa cans almost never end up being).

Wish all the dreads named just had more weapon options (replacing killa can melee arm with another gun etc)

Metal elitist & into game/level design.

AnthonyS

AnthonyS

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 141 posts

Tried the Gorkanaut for the first time in a game last week and it did pretty well.  T8 allowed it to shrug off most shots coming its way (opponent only had missile launchers) and its own shooting did ok (against regular Beakies).  Worked well alongside a battlewagon, as 2 big T8 things was too much for the Beakies to handle.

It wiffed pretty hard in combat, which was a surprise.  For the points you pay for it, i'd have been nervous if my opponent had a dreadnought posed to counter charge it.

Overall, a pretty positive experience with it.