Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Remember when GW said...

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,804 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
You hope. That's where I start having doubts.

PhillyT

PhillyT

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 904 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz
What to this point gives you the impression that this won't be the case? Every one of the books released so far has taken the index versions and deepened the aesthetics. You're think GW will just decide to ruin orks?

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,804 posts

The previous two Ork Codexes? The fact the Core of the new game is so weak that there are rules problems already? The fact that the game is set up to facilitate powergaming shenanigans, as they can take any shared rule, and just make it better for whichever unit they are wanting to sell. It's a mighty coincidence if they're purely opting for "balance" that they've just made the kinds of ante-upping shit that they've been doing unbroken since 5th Edition ludicrously easy.

2 years of being slightly okay, 12/13 years horrendously overdue. They don't deserve trust. They either pull their finger out or I'm done with them. It's really that simple.

No, I can't trust New GWTM any more than old GWTM. There's really not much difference between the two.

Our last Codex was an insult. Some of the people who worked on that are writing 8th Edition. So yeah.

• Blakkreaper likes this

PhillyT

PhillyT

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 904 posts
Well I think that says more about you than about he reality as things currently stand.

The ork index list is the most competitive orks have ever been. Even without a book the orks placed terrifically in the final events for August. For top three finishes is really good considering how few ork armies entered those events.

I'll happily play the index and wait for the book which, if what's come to pass so far, should facilitate flexibility and a deepend set of options while still maintaining the same tone currently established.

Here are the compiled lists of winners in august for anyone who wants to see them:

http://bloodofkitten...ts-august-2017/

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,804 posts
This isn't a race. Its a marathon. The Index means nothing if they fail to translate it into the Codex. And competiveness isn't the only gauge I care about. The fluff in the previous book was woeful and oversimplified. The Index hardly has any fluff in it at all, so the true indicator will be the Codex. The fluff from Gathering Storm was pretty uninspiring.

Orks always do well. Even with bad Codicies. Because they have a dedicated fanbase.

Sticking purely to the early signs, which have always been close during resets, could be tragically short-sighted.

The Northern Ork

The Northern Ork

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 276 posts
  • Army Name:The Dark Warpers

Funny, I'm sure I can find at least 150 quotes from Grim in the last two years, and maybe even more from the old forums of da waagh that states he will quit the game.... So to stay on topic..

Remember when Grim said.....

But what i find the funniest about the 600lbs warboss behind the keyboard syndrome, is I ask him why he still plays 40k or if he does still play, because he clearly does not get any pleasure from it, from his posts and attitudes. And he automatically goes on personal attacks, which is pretty much like calling someone a Nazi. It ends all type of discussion and technically makes you lose the argument automatically in any debate really. So do go play the other games you so fondly refer too, because all conversations with you always just fall in the ''emo cutting yourself so you can feel pain'' kind of rhetoric. And it is getting really old, and I am sure most people pass over most of your comments, or just pass up the conversation to actually not follow at all this forum. 

And no the internet and forums do not always have to be in the same direction of constant complaining or fighting, but it can also be used to further a hobby, and help out the others in said hobby or profession. 

I wish I could go back in time and actually see you Grim when you did like the hobby. Putting all that negative energy you have today into good energy must of been wonderful to watch. You must've been a wonder to see!!! Just like the human race in the age of technology, now you're just the age of strife. Maybe eventually you'll get the flame back, and I sincerely hope you do, for your sake, but especially for ours!

My two teef

TNO

• PhillyT likes this
"THIS IS WARPERS TERRITORY" Taken from last transmission from Battle Ship Emperor's Fist, Quadrant Delta Omega Three.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 282 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
Okay, this is getting to personal so I'm going to ask everyone not to reply unless it's about gw, orks or the game.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,804 posts
If I wasn't such a good critic, we wouldn't have the Orkish Misconceptions series, and that love of fluff is fuelling a novel I'll be updating soon in the forum. Someone who can't think of anything except in terms of good or bad, and whose only contribution to the forum is a "tactics" thread, mostly written by everyone else and in dire need of editing, you really aren't anywhere near being anyone worthy to judge the worth of anything.

And instead of being "negative" about one guy whose name you can't even spell, try taking your own advice.

And incidentally, you picked me out, that's making it personal. And more importantly, even now, that's still all you have. I show examples that contradict your statement, I present arguments to refute your points. Constantly.

Your refuge is "because I say so" and that's it. Unless you want to literally post those 150 instances where I said I'd quit. Make sure to take them out of context of any caveats, like "if I don't see any improvement" which I have said more often than saying I'm thinking of quitting. If all I wanted to do was quit, I'd just do it. Mentioning it implies I don't want to.

Also, as the first to mention Nazis as a comparison, you've just lost the argument. ;)

P.S. Every time you have replied to me, its been directly personal. At that point I've returned the favour, not before. I don't start with personal attacks. That's your style. By your own logic in this post, you are a hypocrite 3 times. Just face it. You're not good at this. There's literally only two of you who seem so convinced I hate everything. You press it on the basis of malice, not knowledge, and your arguments are weak. The only thing you have ever done successfully on this forum is get on my nerves by dismantling debates that you lack the intellectual capacity to participate in. Why you bother with forums is beyond me.

PhillyT

PhillyT

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 904 posts
It always spices up a forum to have so diverse a set of members...

I think the vast majority of us are clearly excited with the new GW at least. Let's hope they maintain this trejectory!

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,804 posts
I didn't quit. This is entirely because of the new direction GW has taken. I'd have left if GW hadn't improved this much. I just want them to improve more, and not be lectured by hypocrites.

PhillyT

PhillyT

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 904 posts
Nobody bothers to lecture you Dim. There's no point. You have you're chosen persona and there is nothing reason or discussion can do to change that.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,804 posts
There is literally two of you who think that. Whatever. Keep your bias.

PhillyT

PhillyT

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 904 posts
I think there is a majority of members who find your constant and nonstop negativity tiresome. It was actually shocking to read one of your posts the other day that didn't feature a significant amount of hate.
  • orkdom, Boss Ardnutz and Boo like this

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,804 posts
You're good at speaking for other people aren't you. On no basis, and then call me for logic. I think people are capable of speaking for themselves. I'd take it from them. You and Northern Ork have taken every opportunity to twist the knife, whilst declaring yourselves above it. It's not difficult to see little more to that than malice.

If other people wish to weigh in, I'll take that criticism from them. You two? Don't care. You make me want to be more negative.

PhillyT

PhillyT

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 904 posts
Goodness, not only a sense of superiority but a victim complex to boot. Be you Dim.

killercroc

killercroc

Periscope

• Boyz
  • 773 posts
  • Army Name:Da Iron Gitz

Yay! Forum bonding! 

Just putting in my 2 grots while I can... I personally don't find Dim's rants all that bad, most the time he's got a sound reason to be upset. As for the sort of "constant negativity" I always just figure that was Dim being Dim, we all have different personalities after all right? Long form multiple paragraphs pointing out GW's failings and complaining about the game is entertaining to read and reply to. Could be that I enjoy it cause I'm annoyed at GW too and want better things for the Orks, sure I'm salty but I'll admit it, but I keep playing and building models cause it's fun. 

As for the topic at hand, really I think everything comes down to a "wait til the codex comes out". I mean have you guys seen the Death Guard book? I thought GW gave Ultrabekies the treatment but dang, they gave Death Guard a reach-around at the same time! The characters they put in that are beefy if not down right broken, I can only hope Orks get the same treatment. If everything becomes good in their own way like that codex is I think the game will be in a much better spot, if not... well I guess there's always other games to play.

I'm still waiting to see the balance GW told us they worked so hard on, because it's just not there. Beakies got all sorts of flavors, relics, CP boosts too. I don't know much about the Chaos and Grey Knight codex because nobody is talking about them. I know chaos everything went down 1-2 points (gotta hope we get that too) and Grey Knights are stupid powerful as is so maybe they didn't need the boost? I'm not sure but I really want to see some of this balance pointed towards my Nids and Orks, if not well... now might be a good time to bail. I haven't been buying anything new until the books come out so maybe I can just invest in a new game system if GW drops the ball for the umpteenth time.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,804 posts
I don't bleat. I'm not an apologist. I'm good at critiquing shit. That's it. That's me in a nutshell. If you want to see my positivity, you look at what I do. You don't like my style, ignore me, disagree with me, that's fine. But if you provoke me, I'm going to be obnoxious, because who the fuck wouldn't be? Throwing that at me at that stage is like attacking a cat for having claws.

As to victimhood? Maybe I'm delusional, but when someone derails a debate to have a go at me for destroying the discussion (when they just did) to criticise me for tone and consistency, and it's the same two people? Maybe I'm reading too much into that. But that's how I roll. The downside to perfectionism. There are upsides, but sadly not enough of them in the Mek's Garage.

toaae

toaae

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH! Tortoof

I've got nothing against you, Dim. Your posts are well thought out and logical. Your critiques are well-founded, and I cannot argue against them on merit. When you aren't posting critiques, your posts are insightful and sometimes, educational.

But (usually) once you start posting your critiques, I'm done with that thread. Before 8th, I stopped visiting these forums entirely because I felt most threads ended up with a critique. I've been a lurker for a long time, and I hadn't played 7th edition since, I think, the Harlequin release. But I still liked to hobby, and read up on forums. I may find your critiques strong, but I've just got no interest in being negative about this hobby. Call it being naive, foolish, or even dumb, but the current state of 40k is enough for me to enjoy the game. I don't need perfect, I just need enjoyable. And I'm willing to forgive GW's previous decade-plus of anti-consumer actions and exploitations.

There are a couple other members whose postings I also don't like for similar or entirely different reasons. But it's a forum. It just happens that this community is smaller than many others. I usually keep my thoughts on this matter to myself, but ultimately, I felt I had something to add:

For as much as I just highlighted above, when it comes to these personal squabbles, I still think Dim is in the right more times than not. If you don't enjoy reading his critiques, better off just ignoring it. Going at Dim is unnecessary and in poor taste. Don't demean yourself, because you aren't doing anything to improve this board, and usually end up being hypocritical.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,688 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Forum, a place where everybody is free to make themselves look like a complete arsehole - and everyone else is just as free to point this out to them  :cheers

Boss Ardnutz

Boss Ardnutz

Suction Foot

• Boyz
  • 590 posts
  • Army Name:da Maniakz
I have to admit, I generally scroll past the Reapa Rants to look for posts with more positive content. Real life is sad enough sometimes without suffering from a hobby as well.