Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Orks are still getting work done. They are awesome in 8th!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

PhillyT

PhillyT

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 973 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

Had a really fun game with orks yesterday.

1250 points teamed with 1250 Tyranids versus 2500 of chaos.

We won, but most of it was due to 20 genestealers being hive commandered all the way across the board and tying up a quarter of his army along with a Trygon arriving and successfully charging a predator annihilator.  Chaos was on the back foot the rest of the game.  The orks plowed on on turn two though and wounds up another half of the army.  What little wasn't engaged couldn't stop all that melee since it was a shooting heavy army.

I had a pair of big meks with KFF, 50 shoota boyz in the four vehicles, 2 trukk, battle wagon, kill tank.  Four drops.

Take aways:  Trukks are awesome.  Fast and really durable.  Battle wagon was decent.  SUPER tough, but the deathrolla isn't all that good for killing vehicles.  Stick to troops.

Kill Tank is still insane.

Setup
0KCJMfI.jpg

Turn 1 movement
sc0XLdZ.jpg

Turn 2 movement
OAUJGym.jpg

Turn 3 movement
TSiVABK.jpg

• warhead01, Orkimedez and urluck like this

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

Ya rumor is kill tank getting a bump to around 500-600 points. (rumors from nova).  It's massssssively undercosted.  Such a brutal and nasty machine right now!

• PhillyT likes this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 973 posts

Jeez, at 500 it would be unplayable.  They'd need to boost it to a 3+ AS at the very least.  400 is a bit more reasonable.

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts

I feel they usually go through three phases.  Too cheap (or too expensive), followed by the reverse, followed by just right.  Every FW index is being repointed/rebalanced in chapter approved.  If something is really awesome, expect it to be expensive when the update comes out.  

I still think the kill bursta is gonna be great though, just won't be 300 points great! Guessing it will be similarly pointed to other 24 wound models @ T8.

• PhillyT likes this

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,481 posts

PhillyT, good to see you are gaming with the Orks.  On a related note, I really wish I had tried to buy them off of you when you were selling.  They look so good.

• PhillyT likes this

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts

Seriously, I love Philly's scheme. It's such a gorgeous orange!

• PhillyT likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 374 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
Orks, tbh, work really well in coop games. I've never lost a coop game as Orks tie up the general units while the other side tends to have the right equipment for everything else.

PhillyT

PhillyT

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 973 posts

PhillyT, good to see you are gaming with the Orks.  On a related note, I really wish I had tried to buy them off of you when you were selling.  They look so good.

I'm glad you talked me out of it!

Orks, tbh, work really well in coop games. I've never lost a coop game as Orks tie up the general units while the other side tends to have the right equipment for everything else.

Orks work fine as the main force as well.  You need to focus on what works, transports and massed orks backed by elites and heavies.  I'd take orks over almost anything other than the conscript hordes at this point.  Its an effective list with plenty of strong points.  It has a weakness in higher strength missile fire, which is a liability but made up for in its variety and outstanding melee (second only to World Eater armies).

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts

Pretty sure there was an ork player in the top bracket at nova open if I'm not mistaken...and to call those lists nasty is an understatement.  I can't remember the last time orks were in the top bracket at nova.  It was longer ago then I was into 40k...

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,481 posts

I'm glad you talked me out of it!

Well, I'm not so glad I talked you out of it.   :bang

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 374 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz

Pretty sure there was an ork player in the top bracket at nova open if I'm not mistaken...and to call those lists nasty is an understatement.  I can't remember the last time orks were in the top bracket at nova.  It was longer ago then I was into 40k...

He either came 9th or 38th, I can't remember... His list is something I personally wouldn't do as he had like 6 or 7 weridboyz backed up with 6 Kustom Mega Mek Guns. That's like £3-400 there alone. XD Interestingly he didn't use full 30 boyz squads and had 3 27boy squads (maybe to conserve points) and 1 27stromboy squad. 

• greggles likes this

The Northern Ork

The Northern Ork

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 276 posts
  • Army Name:The Dark Warpers

Why are gamers tables alwas relegated to the basements..... 

On another note... good job, and yes its our versatility that can make us win games, and not one trick ponies.

My two teef

TNO

• teister likes this
"THIS IS WARPERS TERRITORY" Taken from last transmission from Battle Ship Emperor's Fist, Quadrant Delta Omega Three.