Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stable Pix Blog?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 216 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

So, painting Deffskullz gives you the blues does it? :lol They look pretty good to me from this side of the ocean. :search I personally like 'uge choppa #1. Of course I have always favored oversized, two handed weapons since I was a kid. :/ The result of too much Paul Bunyan, or a childhood spent inhaling plastic model cement fumes? You decide.  :?   I like what you've done with your conversions, and I like them even better in paint. The face paint gives then a sort of commando look, which adds to their dedd 'ard menace. Smoggy will be 'appy to ha' such brill "little" boyz wit 'im on da battlefield. Well done! :thumbs :thumbs

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Cheers Giga'

So, painting Deffskullz gives you the blues does it?  :lol

Ha! You don't get nuffin fer nuffin - I had to buy da zoggin blooz - wiv me own teefs >:

They're staggering towards completion now

PK1.jpg

Still a bit of messin' about to the paint

Stabba1.jpg

But the bulk of them are about the right colour now

Killsaw_1.jpg

Got bored painting stripes and checks on that one

Kombirokkit.jpg

Three more to go and then I can start doing the fiddly bitz :lol

• Zagursnik and Giganotosaurus like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts

So, thanks to a timely reminder from Paperclip and his kan project, I've finally remembered that I'm supposed to be doing two GorMonauts for this months challenge as well as the Nobz

gorkadoodle_by_badfang-dbm1qm4.jpg

So I've got some bits done

Gor_Mo_legs.jpg

Today's job is to at least get some feets on the zogger (then maybe it'll be able to get its' skates on :lol )

• Giganotosaurus likes this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 216 posts

I eagerly await to see how your GoMorkanauts turn out. I liked your sketch, and what you have done so far. :yes The GW standard issue GoMo is; butt ugly, undersized, overpriced, and is beyond abhorrent in all ways (I think that covers it, if I have missed a derisive comment, let me know). :puke I am sure that you'll have both together in no time at all, and then it's off to the paint booth.  ;) I am impressed by what you have gotten done so far, looks stompy! :stomphq:

P.S. Do you use sheet aluminum, or old "bean tins"?

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 323 posts

marvelous work, and I'll echo earlier statements about how great it is that you managed to do so much with so few poses. These guys turned out really well!

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts

Cheers Giga (old been tins - why pay fer yer skrap :thumbs ) and Snarknit, the legs are a bit of a pain to do much with but the rest of them are easy enough if you've got a razor saw or a power-razor (dremmel) to cut 'em up with and some Milliput to stick 'em back together again, talking of which - ere's numba 10

stabba2.jpg

which is actually quite handy 'coz I had another look at the Termz and Kondishunz and realised that I'd only threatened to build and paint 10 of da zoggaz - RESULT :thumbs

A bit more luck when I sent the grots out rummaging through the skrap and they came back wiv dese bitz

IMG_1548.jpg

which should help a bit :biggrin

Got krates on legs now

IMG_1549.jpg

Hopefully a bit more complete by the end of tomorrow

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 216 posts

Bean tins, bicycle chains, and of course the de rigueur Milliput. Looks like your grots did an A1 job of rummaging. I have My Gouged Eye markers set aside for other use as well. Is that a Mark-1 Deff Dredd arm I see? :? 

P.S. Anything Hemi powered is way cool! :thumbs

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 595 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Well i love the gomonaught model, and I really enjoy seeing scratchbuilds of them. The concept sketch looks great - particularly dig the cyclops look. Doing all that bean tin work must have been diabolical, but I've no doubt it will be worth it.

Enjoying seeing the death skulls slowly trickle out too :)
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts

Thanks guys :thumbs Giga - yup, it's the arm I rejected for my Harriork Mega for being too big, these GoMos are (very) likely to be a bit bigger :lol and, yeah, that V8 should be up to running the hydraulic pump :D And thanks for the vote of confidence Garslag , not sure when you'll get to see them fully built but Aga probably won't be painting my name green this month :crybaby

They're on their legs at last

perambulating_chassis_by_badfang-dbp127m

Unfortunately there's enough weight in them now that I've had to leave them drying all day 'coz every time I tried to do anything to either of them I kept twisting their ankles - which I really don't want to do 'coz that's where the maximum load is going to be supported and they're already quite heavy.

Still, it gave me time to finish these two off

klawnob_4_by_badfang-dbp119w.jpg

Oh yeah - I can do zigzags too

bannablitza_by_badfang-dbp119k.jpg

Wonder if Aga will accept these instead of the 'nauts :?

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts

Finally got the nobz to line up for their skwod shots, was originally only going to put them in the trophy rack but they might as well go here 'til their transports are ready

BB_Nobz_Skwod_1.jpg

BB_Nobz_Skwod_2.jpg

Lined them up in the same order as they came off the sprues to give another idea of the sort of variety of poses available with a bit of cuttin & puttin :cheers

• Garslag and Giganotosaurus like this

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 595 posts

Kombirokkit.jpg

Three more to go and then I can start doing the fiddly bitz :lol

I didn't notice that shoulder-pad face browsing on the phone.  Love it.

"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts

UltraSmurfs 'r meant fer lootin, why else wud dey paint dey'r kit bloo - dunno wot dat 'arf a bum's all about tho :?

Done a few more bits of reinforcing to the legs and a few of the other bits that are going to need nailing on, I could really do with an extra hand

Buzzgob.jpg

Dat's lukky :biggrin

• Garslag likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts

Well, it's not been the most productive week

suspendered_perambulating_chassis_2_by_b

Did some patching, got the toes all bracketed and suspendered - got some cleaning up to do but I can start thinking about the rest of it now I've got something to build off.

gunz_by_badfang-dbpt4ew.jpg

Like big shootaz that'll be mounted either side of the head and bigga shootaz which will go on the shoulders, they're going to have to go opposite sides of the two 'nauts coz the gattla is going to have to go on the left side of one of them and the arm I inherited off my megadredd will have to go on the left side of the other one.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts

More fun with fulcrums and angles of dangle and I've got one of the transport decks going up n' down on its' lifta/droppa arms

Lifta_Droppa_arms.jpg

Only done one cos sorting out twice the kokkups isn't twice the fun :nono Good news is that I can start working on the outer hull now :thumbs

Garr

Garr

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 191 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gar'un Mek-Klaw!
I have no idea how you work so fast Badfang, i've spent a day painting a zzapgun bare metal (and will hopefully post the finished version tomorrow)

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts

Cheers Garr though I'm not sure where you get the working so fast from - I keep looking at what I've got and thinking 'is that all?' (in fairness I did run out of brazing rod and spent a stupid amount of time driving round an industrial estate trying to find the welding supply shop).

All day painting bare metal, funnily enough I usually start with bare metal but at this scale it don't tend to look too good, so I have to cake it in Milliput, then clean it up as best I can before painting it to look like bare metal - sounds like there's something not quite right there :sowhat

Looking forwards to seeing what you came up with :thumbs

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts

Well, I think I've managed to sort out all the (lack of) 'design' errors now - it all goes uppy/downy on a single push/pull lever now

uppydown_linkage_by_badfang-dbq9e6d.jpg

It still needs a bit of tweeking but I can start work on the rest of it now :thumbs

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 595 posts
Dat werks!

It's great seeing high tech hydraulic tilt cylinders and stuff alongside a lift that just goes up and down on a chain. Orks!
"Parry the 6!"

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 216 posts

"....spent a stupid amount of time driving around an industrial estate trying to find the welding supply shop"  There is a cosmological law that states: Murphy & Sod get to assign the addresses in all industrial sites in a manner that defies all logic. Either that, or business is so good that the business owners & associates can afford to watch frustrated, potential clients circulate endlessly (in vain) around the industrial park. "Oi look! 'Ere 'e comes round again. 'E's got steam coming out 'is ears dis time!" " Har har! Cuzzin' Seth 'n cuzzin' Clem gots da 'evy equipment out, 'n is gonna play dodge-ems wit' 'im!  :lol "

I know that you love your "werky bits" Badfang, but this looks like a whole new level of pain. :yes Very Orky in your execution. :thumbs I like how the push/pull lever greatly resembles a key used to open tins of canned meat. A leftover from your billy boil? ;) I am sure you have a kunnin plan (or a lack of one) to cover up the uppy/downy mechanism? :?  Your Deffstorm mega-shootas look sharp. I await the construction of the upper torso. Well done!! :thumbs :thumbs

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts

Thanks guys, all the 'high tek' stuff can be as high tek as it likes 'coz it don't have to work, arguably the lift deck doesn't have to work either but wot da zog.... 

Yeah, industrial estates seem to be a law unto themselves, eventually I spotted a hydraulic suppliers unit so I went in and asked them if they knew where it was and how to get to it. They didn't but one of them got on his computer and found it with a little map beside the address, 'oh!' says the guy I'd been asking 'It's only round the corner, if you go back out of here and turn right it'll be next road on your right.' So, I got in my car, went to the end of the road, looked to the right, two bloomin great gates shut across the road with a kerb running across the bottom of them and a hedgerow and trees behind them - probably not that way then. Fortunately (as soon as I heard 'it's just round the corner' - it never is) I'd looked at his map and made a note of the road it was off and (about half a lap later) eventually spotted it and found the shop.

The 'key' was a bit odd too, I was going to make a 'double box' shape ( like an 8 with square sides) but I thought it didn't need to be that strong, so I subtracted one (of the sides) and made a 9 instead :?

Working on the outer hull now and, if the 'put goes off in not too much time, I should be able to get some big bits of outer hull sufficiently photogenic for another update :lol