Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

From Bloodbowl to 40k

* * * * * 1 votes ork conversion bloodbowl

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 434 posts

A little fun project, converting the new Bloodbowl orcs to 40K orks. So far half of them about built, just hand and head swaps really with some GS for gaps.

p1C9KC1.jpg

Eolkbam.jpg

VNmyIz0.jpg

hQTEaWO.jpg

9GaRA3F.jpg

Nob from the black orc:

ozcQbFO.jpg

These guys are bigger than regular boyz, and on 30mm bases:

OVRBr51.jpg

xHyLsYV.jpg

These guys were the easy part, next I'll try to do the same thing again with different results. As there are two identical sprues in the box, I'll try to make the boyz look slightly different with some re-positioning of arms and legs, and also to give every boy a different helmeted head to increase diversity.

As I've got some free time this week, you might see some results actually quite soon. :biggrin

• Orkimedez, Zagursnik, Snarknit Grokguzz and 3 others like this
Armored walkers are Slow and Purposefull.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,688 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz
Hahaha, nice job - just in time for GW to take the ard boyz off us.

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 434 posts

... just in time for GW to take the ard boyz off us.

Really? They're gone? But I liked them!!

Well, I guess that was to be expected, 'cause they have no offichul models. GW used to sell an 'ard boyz upgrade, back when they still had a bitz shop. I remember there was metal helmeted heads, armored torsoes and shoulder guards, and maybe iron gobs?

Well, I makes what I wants, anyway. :lol

• Zagursnik, Badfang Brassaxe, Garslag and 1 other like this

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 434 posts

Like I said, I have some free time this week.

8FZ8fma.jpg

0slg8kK.jpg

VqOysAn.jpg

2TjXmt0.jpg

anF7IZg.jpg

GS werk is not done yet, so there are some nasty surgical scars and missing bits, around the necks especially. Also the bases need some detailing.

This was the first time I thougth to do an ork face transplant ( results on the second and the last boy) with a helmeted head. I found the best way to do this is to first make a vertical cut all thru the middle of the face, from the rim of the helmet to the jaw. Then you make two more cuts on both sides between the side bitz of the helmet and the face. Then you just cut the exess bits off with a hobby-knife, leaving just the helmet. File might be usefull, too. Last you cut the new face so it fits inside the helmet, and glue it in place.

I don't quite know what to do with the other black orc, maybe make him an alternative nob with different gear? He'd need really major work to wield a heavy/special weapon.

• det, Orkimedez, Giganotosaurus and 2 others like this

MagicOrk

MagicOrk

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blood Spitta's
Great looking Ardboyz!!

The Nobz pose is a little weird though, but it is a tough model to repose.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,688 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Really liking that skrappy 'ard soooots look, hmm, me DeffSkulz haven't any nobz (apart from me flashgitz who don't want to get their duds dirty :puke ) and if I copy yours they'll even be looted, sweeeeet :love

• Garslag likes this

brettfp

brettfp

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
  • Army Name:Kult of Speed
These are great. Such a simple idea to make the boys look so much more dynamic. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ork, conversion, bloodbowl