Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

First WAAAGH! - Looking for input on a 500 point list.

- - - - - 500 list ork waaagh

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

CasualYT1300

CasualYT1300

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 2 posts

I'm looking to build my first Ork army.   :yes   From lurking on the forums, reading the Index, and my best guesses here's what I've put together:

HQ-Warboss w/ Big Choppa, shot, and attack squid (64 pts) 
Troop-Boyz 27x w/ Boss Nob, big choppa (177 pts) 
Troop-Boyz 27x w/ Boss Nob, big choppa (177 pts) 
Elite-Nob with Waaagh! Banner and kustom shoota(79 pts) 

Total: 497 pts

The goal is to get my boyz up close and personal for a good krump! I really like that the Warboss lets you charge after advancing, and the Nob with Waaagh! banner giving +1 to hit is really sweet. If you add the Green Tide rule (another +1 to attack) mah boyz should destroy. Am I understanding these rules correctly?  Did I calculate the point cost correctly?  Thanks in advance for your suggestions and help!

• greggles likes this

:yes  SOON WE GET TO KRUMP AN' WAAAGH!  :yes 

AnthonyS

AnthonyS

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 121 posts
Pretty good for 500pts, plays to our strengths

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

Solid list.  If you wanted mobility.  You could drop a boyz squad and swap it for stormboyz, and replace the warboss with a weirdboy.  Then the waagh banner isn't as useful though.

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 129 posts
  • Army Name:BlooSkullz

A solid start. Since Orks are specialized, you may want to add tankbustas and/or fast attack choices as you expand your army. Something to deal with flyers and vehicles. Lootas are also a solid choice. panzee/dark panzee (whatever they are called now) will stay away from footslogging boyz.

CasualYT1300

CasualYT1300

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 2 posts

I'm hopping when I upgrade to around 1000 pts, I can add a fast-attack like the Stormboyz, and some Lootas.  I want to add another Troop as well.  (probably another 30 boyz.)

:yes  SOON WE GET TO KRUMP AN' WAAAGH!  :yes 

StormGuard

StormGuard

Flesh Eater Squig

• Grotz
  • 89 posts

I really like this little list as it seems to have everything you need for a 500pt game, Solid sized Troop choices, with a Warboss as backup, and the good old Waaagh Banner to enhance the units in question.

Sure, your missing some quick units (like Stormboyz, and Flyers), but they can be added when you further upgrade the points level of your games.

Onwards and Upwards.

SG.

Demo Charges 101:  Pull Pin, Throw, Run Away Very Fast.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 500, list, ork, waaagh