Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Suggesting balances to gw?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 166 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls

The problem with boyz being the best choice is that you get really predictable. A good army needs variety in usefull units so your tactic isn't super obvious.

With beakie armies you got a million ways to deal with most things. That opens up the field for many different tactics. And in the end a good middle ground between shooting and melee is more viable than being stuck to the green tide tactic - where all you can do is move forward and attack as far as decision making goes.

Even if they still want to go for the mass approach they need to drop the points for the ultra situational units like Burnaz and Flash Gitz. Hell even Lootaz could be 1 or 2 points less per modell.

All in all it's hard to tell where they should go with orks since there is many way to make things viable. But in the end I think an army needs a decent number of viable units/choices to make sense in the first place.

• warhead01 likes this

Metal elitist & into game/level design.

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,063 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

This is similar to what I was telling my friend today about what I'd put into a beakie list.  This edition, to me, seems to want us to use a little of everything in a list.
It also seems to encourage moving units. This is more or less the basis of my current lists, which is kinda a throw back to early 3rd edition lists from battle reports.
The oll' Gorka Morka lists. It's been fun to play and done well. mostly.  

Here's an example of a list I'm excited about.

To me it's a shooty army with combat and lots of fast movement. 

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

killercroc

killercroc

Periscope

• Boyz
  • 775 posts
  • Army Name:Da Iron Gitz

I'm really hoping GW turns away from the old practice of "lets make some units stupid strong and others weak" I never got why they made some units so bad you'd never take them because there was always a better choice. At the same time they also made units so good you'd be stupid NOT to take them. I want a nice balanced book of everything being useful in it's own way. I mean, I'm not a game designer but it doesn't seem that difficult of a concept. A few examples:

Make burnas better against hordes but still able to take on elites. So D3 shots of the squad has 10 or less models in it and D6 if it has 11 or more. And in combat give them AP -1 with +1 attack or AP -3 with no extra attack.

For lootas instead of give them a so-so gun with random shots give them 3 options, a \low strength high rate of fire gun, a medium strength medium rate of fire, and a high strength low rate of fire. Like... S5 AP 0 Heavy 4 Damage 1, S7 AP -2 Heavy 2 Damage 2, and S9 AP -4 Heavy 1 Damage 3.  

• Gitkilla likes this

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 166 posts

I agree but the Loota thing you suggested is too much. Maybe if it was only the first two options.

For really heavy firepower the Big Gunz / Mek Gunz should be the ones being tweaked to make stuff not being Lobba / Kannon / Kustom Mega Kannon viable.

killercroc

killercroc

Periscope

• Boyz
  • 775 posts
  • Army Name:Da Iron Gitz

Yeah not the actual recommended fix, just what I came up with in-between bites of a sandwich  :lol Though really if they put lootas back to being actual looted imperial weapons that'd be nice, instead of the crappier version of an autocannon they have now. I mean they made 4 different models so I feel like they were originally going to make rules for each gun, so like a las variant, melta, high S and Low S gun but then they decided to make it all one blob of a weapon. It's weird how GW will be "fluff said this so we made this" for some armies *cough* beakies *cough* but most other armies they just take an "ahhh fuck it" approach. Equal representation I say!

Also why was one of the big gunz not an S.A.G.? That was a weird choice. 

cheesytom1

cheesytom1

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 5 posts
  • Army Name:Supersonic Dakka

Dakka Jet: Dogfight.

+1 to hit Airborne units when using ranged weapons.

(Gives it a bit more functionality than its relatively poor 4+/5+ to hit considering the 150 points cost).

Burna Bommer

Change bomb function to be 4+ unmodified, 3+ vs Infantry. 

(This would give it a role in a list, rather than being an auto-reject before the Blitza).

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 283 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
*reads imperial gaurd codex changes* Well we're screwed! But no seriously, I hesr rumours that, despite all the huge buffs to an already great army, their points are down and not up!! Now if we get s crap ork coddx it's another 3 years of doom!

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 166 posts

*reads imperial gaurd codex changes* Well we're screwed! But no seriously, I hesr rumours that, despite all the huge buffs to an already great army, their points are down and not up!! Now if we get s crap ork coddx it's another 3 years of doom!

3 years of doom metal please :D

I am pretty sure the codex will at least get some things right. Just hope looted tanks are a thing.

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,063 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

Doom Metal? 

If the codex is bad I'll just keep using the index. But I don't think the codex will be bad. 

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!