Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Suggesting balances to gw?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Mek-boy

Mek-boy

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 75 posts
  • Army Name:Spam and Cheese Sandwich
I'd like to see some changes to Orks too...

With all the Dakka orks have, army wide always hitting on a 5+ ignoring all modifiers would be a good start.
Giving aditional shots for more boys or ignoring cover saves.
Bigger gunz or more shots on the big stuff. Its just weak sauce compared to other races guns.

Cheaper trucks.

Better Weird Boys with some synergy or bonus' for stuff, weird boys with jump rocket packs or a bike maybe?

Bikers are terrible now.

Gain bonus' for other things, not just green horde. So kan wall army, or speed freaks, etc. More choice is better.

6+ feel no pain (orks are hard to kill after all).

Some bonus to combat, like 6's to wound cause additional rend to choppers/big choppers.
Klaw is D6 damage or hits with no negitive modifier.

Burners D6 hits.

Characters like the Pain Boy and Waaagh Banner Nob have all equipment options like bikes and jet packs or Mega Armour.

Mega Nobz with above changes might be worth taking.

Kustom Force Field back to having larger bubble (as in units only have to touch it and not be entirely within it to benifit). Perhaps multiple KFF adding +1 to the save or allowing to reroll the dice (maybe this is going too far)

Big Mek with a Shock Attack Gun is pretty pointless except being an awsome model. Mek Guns are cheaper and better. Also his fixing ability is a little Meh! Give him D6 fixing points or just make it straight 3 plus his oilers bonus.

How about their savage brutality, hitting like a ton of bricks, Orks who charged are so threatening that units locked in combat with them fear to fall back. Roll a dice for each enemy infantry unit and on a 4+ that unit may not fall back in its next turn.

Immunity to overwatch lol :D
  • Skumdreg likes this
"...and den I waz like, Nah keep the KFF, I don't giv a grots arse 'bout dem Gitz, gime the SAG so I can Blast Dem zoggin' Beakies to Smivereens !"

FOUL BOWL - Blood Bowl tournement in South Wales

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 375 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz

Immunity to over watch is too far... but more survival would probably balance a lot of the problems we have. Orks have been knowing to survive with just their heads! So maybe an auto 6+ feel no pain and then the painboy has a kinda reanimation protocol where they bring d6 boyz/wounds back each turn. I like the idea of the Invulns staking on KFF! The KFF is already pretty expensive at 20pts each so it would probably be worth it (as we all know most units in other armies get 4+ for free). Plus this would mean having the Big Mek inside or next to the Mork would actually work and not be useless! 

AnthonyS

AnthonyS

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 141 posts

I don't think immunity to overwatch is particularly fluffy.  6+ FNP is, but i doubt that will be coming.  I do like the 'always hits on 5's due to sheer weight of shots' thought.

Apart from readdressing points (powerklaws must come down in light of powerfists getting reduced), my biggest concern is that they'll do nothing.  As someone pointed out earlier, i doubt there getting that much feedback from Ork players at tournaments since they don't go.

det

det

Phobiak

• Blood Axez
  • 2,221 posts
  • Army Name:Snake Korps

...dunno if it's a balance thing...but I'd like 'ard boyz back...;)

• Blakkreaper likes this

modelling: my completely completed stuff

gaming: 1850 mech blood axes list updated

fluff: what being blood axes is all about
--------------------
looting other races: tautechmarines (other site thread)

Mek-boy

Mek-boy

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 75 posts
How about a feel no pain which keeps orks alive for one more round of combat. So they charge in and recieve overwatch then any casualties get this save if ork rolls 6+ then it dont die until after combat.

? ?

More orks need to go to tournements...
"...and den I waz like, Nah keep the KFF, I don't giv a grots arse 'bout dem Gitz, gime the SAG so I can Blast Dem zoggin' Beakies to Smivereens !"

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,117 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

I'd be for something similar to how Daemons Icons work but they have to take a LD test and roll a 1 to make it happen.  So I don't see it working with Orks. 
Nobs already have a rule like that any way. Maybe the better thing would be to pass that rule on to Boss Nobs. 

I really disagree with a lot of the "proposed changes". So far the only ones I like are  A cheaper Trukk and the 6 to wound with a choppa weapon idea. 
That's fairly powerful when boys are making 4 or more attacks each and hitting on 2+. 

I'd take Ard' boys back for sure.

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Mek-boy

Mek-boy

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 75 posts
Nobody ever agrees on rules changes :P

Looking forward to seeing what GW will do to the rules, the rules aint that bad really, at least you can take whatever you want no restrictions :D

Like army of burna boyz...
  • warhead01 likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 375 posts
I also worry gw will do nothing... I feel this might end up being the case...

AnthonyS

AnthonyS

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 141 posts
When is our new codex supposed to drop?

Mek-boy

Mek-boy

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 75 posts

When is our new codex supposed to drop?

I think the "offical" rumour is that its not in the list of Codexs that are rumoured for realease. So if you can believe these rumours then it wont be this year and there is no suggestion of when. So basically knowbody knows?

:D

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 375 posts
I thought they said it will all be before Christmas.... unless GW just wants to kill off Orks and be like "Nah, they're gone now... sorry... to laim for our cool dark and grim universe"

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,851 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
Well they don't get Orks at all so they might as well. I'm not really in a hurry for such an obvious impending disappointment.
  • warhead01 likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 375 posts
Please don't say that, I want my Orks to still be worth something when it comes time for me to sell them on ebay XD

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,851 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
To be honest, given that people supported GW enthusiastically through 6th/7th ed, if the Ork Codex sucks (it probably will), most of them wouldn't notice.

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,117 posts

Please don't say that, I want my Orks to still be worth something when it comes time for me to sell them on ebay XD

You could still use the Index list.

Either way I'll be downsizing I have tooooooo much stuff. 

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 375 posts

I've already started to sell my old OOP stuff to make room for new smaller things... sold all my OOP killa kans (had like 5) for about £30 and just bought myself a new weirdboy for half of it... kinda a good way to feed the addiction but keep some money. Even now I'm thinking about buying something new, I'm also selling like 3 or 4 old items from my DA collection. 

• warhead01 likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 375 posts

BTW on another forums I posted:

"You would think one of the main armies that represent 40K, since the start of the whole franchise, would be high up on their list -_-"

and got this reply:

"Yeah...beakie got theirs first. "

-_-

This is what I am talking about! The Ork hate I posted when i first came onto this forums... I swear there is a group of people pushing GW away from orks..

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,117 posts

Meh. Let the beakies have they fun.  Doesn't matter. 40K gets really boaring when it's beakie on beakie... action... 
Ain't nobody got no time for that. 

• Mek-boy likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 375 posts

I gave up mah Beakies because it was boring. Played a beakie vs Chaos beakie game once and was about 5 hours long of just terminators and Beakies shooting each other and getting all our saves perfectly... although that was 7th ed. 

AnthonyS

AnthonyS

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 141 posts
Well, at least we don't have to worry about our entire range being replaced with different scale models. Poor beakie players