Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What new unit would you like to see?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,851 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

I do agree with you Moe, that the current Ork line is the best. I should know, I have plenty of series 1 & 2. :blush

I think I get what you mean here, but the choice of "the best" for me is a bit too vague and subjective. I presume you mean in terms of overal presentation, quality and usability. This I think is close to indesputable.

However, I much prefer the RT/2nd Edition miniatures for character, styling and originality. I find the modern designs rather banal and "by committee" for my tastes. I like the zanier old models, because at least the charm, charisma and exaggerated features are imaginative enough to be memorable and iconic.

I don't dislike the new aesthetic, but I don't find it very bold, and I can't see much that just about anyone couldn't have matched. They're pretty cliché.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 375 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
I have to admit, the assualt on black reach warboss is my favourite. It's larger than the gw standard warboss and the claw looks pretty awesome.
Here is mine:
http://imgur.com/a/HU6zZ

I've never upgraded him or replaced him. He's generic enough so that I can give him my own lore but also old enough that I rarely see him now. (Although there are probably hundreds of him.
  • Giganotosaurus likes this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

I agree. It would be nice if we had we had the character of the early series with the current quality, not to mention the ease of working with only plastic. But we don't, and probably won't (not holding my breath). As I said, I have plenty of series 1 & 2, and I'm having lots of fun upsizing them to fit in better with the newer series. However, I was referring to vehicles which were limited to scratch build your own Gobsmasha, or Lung Bursta. The first vehicle was the original battlewagon which was pretty uninspired (other than the engine which I quite liked). I, like you, would like to see the old epic vehicles upscaled and released (not holding my breath on that one either).

• Dim_Reapa likes this

AnthonyS

AnthonyS

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 141 posts

Out of interest, has anyone posted feedback to the GW team on units we'd like to see, or potential changes to existing units in the 'dex?

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,851 posts
I've been reluctant. I'm probably blacklisted about what I said to them about the 7th Ed Warboss Edition.
  • Blakkreaper and Mik McMok the Mek like this

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,863 posts
  • Army Name:Bad Moons(Waaagh! Skargrim)

Snakebite Boarboys!!

You mean Ork Squig Ridahs, right?

http://i40.photobuck.../orkcavarly.jpg

Because boars is fer eatin', and squigs is fer ridin'...um...and eatin'. :biggrin

Other than new plastics models for the 10 or so units we do not have them for yet, I would really like to see a Gargantuan Squiggoth and a proper Ork Tank.  Something big, tough, well armored, and with access to slightly larger versions of various Ork artillery guns of all types, in additional to some sort of unique monstrous cannon (only available on this tank) with no more than a 36" range that has d3 shots (2d3 vs. units of 10 or more models), but that lobs some sort of Strength 12, AP : N/A, Dmg: d6 mortal wounds "death shell".  Yeah, it won't hit too often, but the sound of it firing is pretty much a brown noise for enemy units targeted by it, because if it actually does hit...

Oh, and Ork terrain - a barricades set and a bunker set (with optional gun emplacements on it) would do nicely.

• Mik McMok the Mek and 'Urghnould like this

Tribun

Tribun

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 376 posts
  • Army Name:WAAGH..we dunno need namez, we need foes!
Boars are for riding and eating, squigs are for riding and humies for eating...

DAGERMAN ANSWERTO WAAAGH!!!!

...pleaze exkuze my english...

TerrorPenguin

TerrorPenguin

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 3 posts
  • Army Name:Waaaagh
Grot snipers would be great.
I'd like to see the Skorcha (buggy) back as the rules look decent but it's out of production

Quite like the aesthetic of Orks, if I wanted sleek I would've played panzee
  • Blakkreaper likes this

KoalaSnok

KoalaSnok

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts

I'd like to get new models for the old undersized gorkamorka stuff like warbuggys and wartrakks, as well as those lame big gunz.

HQ choices with corresponding wargear options, like an actual "Big mek" kit with option for kff as well as his weapon choices would also be nice. I don't own a lot of the kits but the way I see it right now I would have to buy a Mega Nobz kit to get a gw made infantry size kff, and then not even use the models from that kit making my big mek if I dont want him in Mega Armor. Even if kitbashing and converting is fun, its often expensive and requires both a lot of planning and knowledge of the kits, and sprues supplied therein. Want a KFF big mek on bike? GLHF combining at least 3 kits.

I like a lot of the ork models but the way GW supplies them in the kits are really frustrating, nearly always rending wysiwyg impossible and in the case of lootaz/burnas - basically selling 4 guys + some dude you really don't want more of. Want 20 lootaz? Well, you're gonna have to buy an extra kit!

Grot snipers would be sweet.

• Skumdreg likes this

One roll, one six.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 375 posts

I'd like to get new models for the old undersized gorkamorka stuff like warbuggys and wartrakks, as well as those lame big gunz.

HQ choices with corresponding wargear options, like an actual "Big mek" kit with option for kff as well as his weapon choices would also be nice. I don't own a lot of the kits but the way I see it right now I would have to buy a Mega Nobz kit to get a gw made infantry size kff, and then not even use the models from that kit making my big mek if I dont want him in Mega Armor. Even if kitbashing and converting is fun, its often expensive and requires both a lot of planning and knowledge of the kits, and sprues supplied therein. Want a KFF big mek on bike? GLHF combining at least 3 kits.

I like a lot of the ork models but the way GW supplies them in the kits are really frustrating, nearly always rending wysiwyg impossible and in the case of lootaz/burnas - basically selling 4 guys + some dude you really don't want more of. Want 20 lootaz? Well, you're gonna have to buy an extra kit!

Grot snipers would be sweet.

Want 5 Hormagaunts? Here you go! Want 5 boyz? Screw you buy two boxes and end up with 8!

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 165 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh
I would like to see...

1. All metal made plastic. Dual kit for tankbustas and komandos?

2. A decent medium tank. I know this spets into the big track-FW realm, but one can wish

Greyhound

Greyhound

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 418 posts
  • Army Name:Greyhound's Horde
I want to see boarboys... lots of them

da noob

da noob

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 26 posts

an ork blimp.im working on a custom one butt a gw one wuld be cool

PhillyT

PhillyT

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 973 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz
The only codex to bring new models is Deathguard. Orks might get a little something though if it's deep enough into next year. My money is on a new Ghaz model.

'Urghnould

'Urghnould

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 116 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! 'Urghnould

Weirdboy towers anyone? :)

and Boar boyz doesn't sound too bad either!

1396806358608.jpg

• Blakkreaper and AnthonyS like this

Check out my hobby blog! (Latest Ork update)

Wingnutz

Wingnutz

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 62 posts
Those epic towerz are cool. Never seen them before, must of been during my gw hiatus during my 20s when i was pretending not to be a geek...

There is plenty of scope for snakebite goodness thru the aos range if only only only gw wud embrace the kitbash concept.. Sadly it aint gonna happen..

Im another in the decent tank camp - lungbusta bonebreaka ANYTHING. Just coz itz got wheelz doesnt mean it has to transport something.

And mekboy dragstaz would be brill - merge the mekgun dakkajet trukk kits in one box and leave us to it!

Imagination is frowned upon in the new gw...
  • Skumdreg likes this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 973 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

Uh?  Have you been looking at the Death Guard release?

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,851 posts

I'd say a lot about GW, and the "New GWTM" but saying their aesthetic designs lack imagination is not one of them. At least, not if you look at AoS as well. I don't think much of the Deathguard, and Primaris were cynical and obvious. But if they put their minds to it they can still produce cool ideas and concepts.

Zark the Damned

Zark the Damned

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 226 posts
  • Army Name:Waargh Kargrak

Weirdboy towers anyone? :)

and Boar boyz doesn't sound too bad either!

1396806358608.jpg

I'm down with Weirdboy Towers

UZwR7tj.jpg

:D

• AnthonyS and Skumdreg like this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 375 posts

OMG! What if that was a real thing! And it gave psykers like a bonus or something. XD