Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What new unit would you like to see?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 262 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
With Beakies and chaos all getting new models, what new model/unit would you like to see for orks? Would it be something completely new or would it be something based on lore?

I'd personally like to see some Ork Snipers. This could basically be a gretchin unit that can sneakily deploy in cover and sharp shoot characters (maybe kill off those pesky OP beakie HQs.
Or perhaps more squig based models... a squig pack that's cheap (1pts each) but you can take like 50 in a unit and swarm an enemy before your orks come in!
  • warhead01 and Mik McMok the Mek like this

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,418 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads

Old Zogwort please, or maybe Wazdakka

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,060 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

I was thinking Grot Snipers as well. I don't have any good ideas though. I'd like a new Medium vehicle preferably tracked and maybe a new way to use Dreads. Maybe new ranged weapons for them. I'd though before I'd like to see a  Battlewagon up grade sprue to allow for mounting Mek Gunz.

• Mik McMok the Mek likes this

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

AnthonyS

AnthonyS

Ridin' Boar

• Boyz
  • 117 posts
Snakebite Boarboys!!
  • Mik McMok the Mek and 'Urghnould like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

MegaDredd since I've got two, one of which was quite expensive and the other took a fair amount of designing and scratch building.

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,418 posts

Snakebite Boarboys!!

Boarboys equate to Snakebite Warbikers, and we have them already. I field my boarboyz as such

Tribun

Tribun

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 376 posts
  • Army Name:WAAGH..we dunno need namez, we need foes!
But new (old) Boarboyz would be gork-like... And the super Gretchin of Wortsnagga.... Bring back the good old times!

DAGERMAN ANSWERTO WAAAGH!!!!

...pleaze exkuze my english...

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 262 posts
Zogwort would be amazing. I'm truly surprised how little named Orks we have... I mean it's not like we're a nes faction. It has been nearly 40 years now.

Moe Dakka

Moe Dakka

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 126 posts

sQUiGz

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,418 posts

Zogwort would be amazing. I'm truly surprised how little named Orks we have... I mean it's not like we're a nes faction. It has been nearly 40 years now.

i already have a model for him, snakes and all

Boss Ardnutz

Boss Ardnutz

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 589 posts
  • Army Name:da Maniakz
Nazdreg. And Makari.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 262 posts
I want makari back! Although he is dead now and can never be replaced because GW writers can often be hormone fuelled dark gritty war writers... The story of Gaz walking up to his little grave... so sad... Orks might be dim but their heart is twice the size of 'umies! May he live on forever with Mork and Gork, out little gretchin friend!
In case you don't know what I am talking about here is the wiki link https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Makari

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,800 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

Right now I'll take a new models release that I actually have a few good things to say about (seeing as the last one was Fugly GoMorkanauts, Derpy Flash Gitz and expensive Mekboy, Painboy and Mek Gunz. About the only success was the MANz, and that's because they wrapped the old metal ones in tracing paper), seeing as last time was so dire in terms of aesthetics, price and imagination (i.e. lack thereof). I'm not holding out much hope though. I still feel that GW doesn't actually get this faction at all.

I don't actually think we're going to get anything new anyway, but I'd like to see a Speedsta. As I know it will never happen, I'm making my own. Slowly, but quicker than GW is, so that's fine.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 262 posts

Right now I'll take a new models release that I actually have a few good things to say about (seeing as the last one was Fugly GoMorkanauts, Derpy Flash Gitz and expensive Mekboy, Painboy and Mek Gunz. About the only success was the MANz, and that's because they wrapped the old metal ones in tracing paper), seeing as last time was so dire in terms of aesthetics, price and imagination (i.e. lack thereof). I'm not holding out much hope though. I still feel that GW doesn't actually get this faction at all.

I don't actually think we're going to get anything new anyway, but I'd like to see a Speedsta. As I know it will never happen, I'm making my own. Slowly, but quicker than GW is, so that's fine.

What do you think Orks are? (this isn't me attacking you I just genuinely now want to know what people think the faction is). 

Garr

Garr

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 191 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gar'un Mek-Klaw!
Plastic squiggoths, Junkas and a battle fortress.
  • Mik McMok the Mek and Greyhound like this

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,800 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

What do you think Orks are? (this isn't me attacking you I just genuinely now want to know what people think the faction is).

There is a short answer, and a long answer. The long answer is to go here. I know that sounds obtuse to basically point you to a series of articles, but it shows my working out, basically. Because naturally, I feel I "get" them, to a greater extent than some of GW's actual writers. No least that I can seem to understand what Freebootas are and how to communicate how Waaagh Energy and resonance works.

The short answer is, they're the most creative, industrious, and resourceful race in the 40k universe. Yet it seems GW wants to present Orks as bumbling morons who make lego toys. They seem incapable of making things that don't look like bricks (unless you look at Epic or anything pre-4th edition) and they seem to only have three principle looks when it comes to vehicle and weapon design: Fat Bucket (all the walkers), Box (trukk, battlewagon, deffkopta) and cliché (everything else, such as the planes and Mek Gunz, that basically look like they were designed by a 5 year old with crayons).

Obviously, I know some people don't mind the newer stuff, but I find them clunky, unimaginative, and oversized, combined with utterly unsatisfactory design decisions, and an overall attitude to design that screams: oh, it looks a bit wacky, that'll do.

It's one of the reasons why I want Ork Speedstas, because Ork Speedstas are built with pretty aerodynamic frames, have imaginative and cool looking weapons, and they combine light armour with speed, something Orks apparently love, but don't actually have very many models that look like they're capable of it.

I bloody hate those Flash Gitz. Words can't express how daft I think those things are.

• colinabrett, Mik McMok the Mek, Giganotosaurus and 1 other like this

colinabrett

colinabrett

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 122 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Badrokk

Fat Bucket (all the walkers)

Yes! :yes

None of the models are particularly fat - Orks look pretty ripped imho - and I only know of one podgy Ork in some of the stories (Broadpaunch Hardgit, a Bad Moonz warboss, who seems quite proud of his gut). If the Gorka/Morkanauts, Stompa and Titans (I don't know what they're called) are supposed to be images of the Ork gods, then we have a couple of gods that look like upside down jelly moulds.

And if the gods are manifestations of Orkiness in the Warp, then surely the Gork and Mork would look the same as a Boy? Why build a monument to the gods and make it look like Jabba the Hutt?

Colin

"The smartest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
-- Verbal Kynt, The Usual Suspects

toaae

toaae

Flesh Eater Squig

• Grotz
  • 87 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH! Tortoof

And if the gods are manifestations of Orkiness in the Warp, then surely the Gork and Mork would look the same as a Boy? Why build a monument to the gods and make it look like Jabba the Hutt?

Cause you can fit more boys inside?

I've always wanted something between a truck and a battle-wagon. Some kind of main battle-tank, with a decent gun on it's own, not reliant on the transported unit's firepower. At first, I wanted a vehicle without transport capacity at all. But thinking about it, it just makes sense that even such vehicle would have some boyz hitch-hiking in or on it.

Greyhound

Greyhound

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 418 posts
  • Army Name:Greyhound's Horde
Sounds like a big trakk

toaae

toaae

Flesh Eater Squig

• Grotz
  • 87 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH! Tortoof

Sounds like a big trakk

To be fair, I'm not familiar with Forgeworld products. If that is the case, then change my answer to "a plastic Big Trakk".

• Blakkreaper likes this