Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Grots in 8th Edition vs Orks

- - - - - Grots Orks Battle report

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 284 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
That's super dumb... I can't believe they are bringing that crap back! Why the hell would you need a battle forged army to capture an objective.... that's like the American army on D day saying "guys! We forgot to bring an extra tanks! Looks like we can capture this bunker, oh wel... might as well go home!"

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,063 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

Having trouble posting my reply.

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

AnthonyS

AnthonyS

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 121 posts

I am tempted to put 20 grotz in a battlewagon equipped with a deffrolla and send it to combat.  Get 20 pistol shots, hitting on 3's, in addition to the wagon rolling over stuff.

• Mik McMok the Mek likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,063 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

Hope this posts..

I was going to say that it would seem to encourage larger troop units. So large mobs would have to be targeted. Over all it just forces models count to be important again and maybe makes some other troop units have to move rather than stand around in the back. Armies constructed with things like points heavy single models will have a more difficult time. 

• Mik McMok the Mek and StormGuard like this

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Itinerate Ork

Itinerate Ork

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 359 posts

That's super dumb... I can't believe they are bringing that crap back! Why the hell would you need a battle forged army to capture an objective.... that's like the American army on D day saying "guys! We forgot to bring an extra tanks! Looks like we can capture this bunker, oh wel... might as well go home!"

Keep in mind, its battle-forged, not a specific detachment. All narrative and matched play games already use battle-forged detachments and there are a lot more option s for detachment composition than there used to be.

As pointed out throughout this thread, orks a couple cheap and decently effective options to fill troop slots, so this is less of a hindrance than out may be for some other armies

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Grots, Orks, Battle report