Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Character Contest 2017 - Davy Jones

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 434 posts

Aka Da Flying Duchman from the Pirates of Caribbean.

"You can do nothing without this key!"

WIP:

HYrIRke.jpg

Old Microart's greatcoat body, Maxmini head, Spellcrow sword & right hand, the green stuff is Greenstuff.

Finished pics:

taAbsHq.jpg

8EUkCaQ.jpg

nqDYXaq.jpg

nqDYXaq.jpg

P6iural.jpg

*edited to show pics again*

• DocNuK, Orkimedez, SANTA KLAWZ and 6 others like this
Armored walkers are Slow and Purposefull.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,773 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Nice job! Hope to be able to give you a bit of competition but I'm not going to screw myself by putting a date on it :blush

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

I really want to comment but I'm not sure we're supposed to be commenting yet....

Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,572 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd

:eek

Truly an outstanding piece.

Build: 10 Smooth, clean sculpting. So much detail not just on the figure but the base as well.

Paint: 10 The different tones in the coat between cloth & shell. Tones in the claw and face & peg leg all are quite convincing, I especially like the contrast in the shells with the blues &  oranges. They really stand out against the darker colors.

Likeness: 9.99999999987821 Looking at some pictures online, it seems that the key is was held out on the other side (though maybe in the move it was held out on his left) You did get the claw arm & peg leg on the correct sides though.

Creativity: 10 All the work that went into the coat and base really bring the whole thing to life. Having the key even more so.  One thing about the character that was struck me was his lack to nostrils due to the octopus. That and just how fierce he was. Both those aspects show through in your work.

Thanks for participating!

• Mad Grot Docsnik and jackdoud like this
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel