Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Shadow War: Armageddon FAQ & Errata

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Boss Badgrub

Boss Badgrub

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts
  • Army Name:Da Squigwigz

The FAQ/Errata for Shadow War: Armaggedon is up on GW's site. Here is a link.

It clarifies the Ork 'Ere We Go rule, amongst other things. It is just an extra +1 to Combat Score when charging and not an extra attack dice which some people had claimed.

• skarnir likes this

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,803 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

Impressive to see an FAQ that surpasses the Ork Codex FAQ for the ludicrous quantity of stupid questions.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade

An extra +1 to WS is better than +1A in my experience with the 2nd ed rules.

• Dim_Reapa likes this
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,803 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

Agreed with CannibalBob above. There's a very small ceiling at which more D6s for combat becomes a liability. Sure, more potential crits, but equally for fumbles. Enough fumbles and a paraplegic with one D6 could overpower you.

• Garslag likes this

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade

For me it is less about the possibilities for crits or fumbles, and more that the +1 WS is constant.  I think it is telling that there is a skill (berserk charge) that grants +1 WS on the charge but there is nothing that grants extra attacks.

The combat system in 2nd ed is constructed where you try to build up the highest score you can, and you only get to generally use one of the dice that you rolled.  So the main benefit of extra attacks is to try to boost the odds of getting a high roll.  Once you have about 3 dice you don't really need more.  A standard ork boy with 2 weapons rolls 3 dice.  On the other hand, additional WS bonuses add to your total no matter what you roll or how many dice you roll.  

I am really surprised that they did not simply make `Ere We Go grant Berserk Charge.  But being separate rules they can stack.

• Garslag likes this
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!