Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

da Mad Grot builds a trukk

* * * * * 1 votes #trukk #flakkadakka

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,146 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!

Remarkable work so far, MGD. :thumbs

I seem to recall someone else trying something like this. It was with the old trukk, and I don't think they used entire boyz either.

Would a boy/grot crawling out from underneath the mob towards the tailgate for a fresh breath be extreme enough? :?

Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Krooza did it with a rat rod looking truk and the back was covered so he could get away with using partial boys. I have and will be trimming some non-visible parts of boyz in order to fit the ten that I intend to get in there. Krooza only had a few visible boyz iirc but the effect was of boyz waiting to pile out into combat. I might be able to accommodate a squirming grot... Good thought.
  • Sproston Green likes this
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,558 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd

This is coming along nicely. You know how much I love coming up w/ more things for you to do, so how bout this. Since you plan on having some not whole ladz, maybe have one kneeling down shooting out the window. Be a terror to paint, but you could have another one standing over/on top of. You could even go so far as to have him pressed up against the wall and just an arm sticking out.

• Mad Grot Docsnik likes this
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 595 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
I love it. You probably don't need to fit the full complement of boyz on back there - as long as it's full to overflowing, who is gonna count?

I particularly like the shoota guy hanging out of the left. And I second the call to fit a grot on there somewhere, if at all possible.
"Parry the 6!"

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 595 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
A boy sitting with his legs dangling over the back might be cool, yknow...
"Parry the 6!"

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade

Or falling out the back and being dragged behind the truck while holding onto the edge of the bed.

Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

orkdom

orkdom

Flash Git

• Deathskullz
  • 1,064 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krimzun Feendzz

Do both!

Bonus points (towards what I know not) if you can sculpt the seated lad as if he's guffawing, having a good belly laugh at the sight of his mate falling off their ride.

The Universe is Orkdom.

QUOTE (Ork Codex 4th Edition)
Gork and Mork are divine powerhouses, deities so strong they are never truly defeated. They simply shrug off the attacks of other gods with a raucous laugh. Gork grins, bearing his long teeth, and lands a mighty blow on his adversary's head with a spiked club the size of a comet. Mork, the master of cunning, waits until his foe isn't looking before clobbering him with a low blow.

Yara

Yara

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts

This is a great idea -- really looking forward to seeing the next update!

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts
I got a bit of time tonight so I made some progress but no pics. Currently up to 8 boys and 2 runtz. Eyeball estimate says two more max. Three if I can manage one hanging/falling off the back.
I'm trying ladz. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • orkdom and jackdoud like this

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade

I got a bit of time tonight so I made some progress but no pics. Currently up to 8 boys and 2 runtz. Eyeball estimate says two more max. Three if I can manage one hanging/falling off the back.
I'm trying ladz. Thanks for the inspiration.

Next up - a whole Speed Freaks force!

Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 959 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play

add a flagpole an hang one or two more to it.

put one on the shoulders of another.

In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts

You can always have one getting pulled along behind with a rope on roller skates.  :P

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Or a couple of 'Keystone Kops' hanging onto the back and running frantically to keep up?

Yara

Yara

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts

Just to add to the suggestions -- a Boy throwing another one off the Trukk. I have a similar model in my Mad Mob...there are 2 hands in the Boyz kit for holding shootas that you can use to hold the Ork aloft:

ork-throw_zpstyasbj03.jpg

• chaoshead87 and Zagursnik like this

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 959 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play

a crowdsurfing ork :D

• chaoshead87 likes this
In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts

I love all the suggestions. And the crowd-surfing ork is awesome, Yara. You guys are all nuts.

Well, I got all the boyz on board (mostly on board) and the final count is 10 boyz and two grotz. No pic tonight, but I'll snap one tomorrow with everyone sticky-tacked in place. I have one last hand to reposition (waiting for the glue on the arm to dry) and then I have to fill all the joints and sculpt the missing bits of hands and arms. After that I still need to do detailing (armor, pouches and spare weapons on the boyz, gubbinz in the trukk bed, etc) before I can prime. And it will remain partially assembled until final paint... there's just too many places that I can't reach a brush when everyone is in the trukk.

• Sproston Green, CannibalBob, jackdoud and 2 others like this

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts

...and 'ere's da promised pic:

trukk_08.jpg

It is, quite literally, a quick picture because numbers 8, 9 and 10 were arguing over space and kept falling off the back of the truk while I was trying to setup the shot. It's hard to see from these shots, but 10 has one foot against the step-up ladder while 9 hoists him aboard. 8 is meanwhile leaning back (not like in the pic where he appears to be leaning forward) shaking his fist and shouting over his shoulder. Note there is also an ammo runt trucked down in the front where he cannot be seen in either shot.

I have since added a bunch of shoulder pads and gear and I have done all the gap filling. No one past 4 is glued in place yet (for painting). Just a couple more details and this is ready for primer. It really is packed full. I could've gotten another boy or two and a nob in there if I had resorted to leaving out the legs (covering that fact with the press of bodies). But that would have been an absolute nightmare to paint. I think I've managed a decent trade-off here. You can see all the boyz and their gear (which means they can be painted). The bed still clips off and on cleanly despite all the over-hanging bitz. And I don't think it would blow apart into a thousand pieces if dropped.

Still a long way from complete, but I'm pretty chuffed with the way it's going.

Again, thanks for all the great suggestions. I think you can all see which ones got looted used. :thumbs

***EDIT*** Just noticed that 7 looks like a standard shoota boy in these pictures... he's actually gripping the armor plate to hold himself up there and gunning with the other hand. It will be a lot more evident in the final photos. I'll get all around views (including the invisible ammo runt).

• Sproston Green, orkdom, det and 5 others like this

PointBlank

PointBlank

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts

That looks like a riot in a truck, as it should be

Yara

Yara

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts

Love it! Absolutely chaotic and fantastic!

orkdom

orkdom

Flash Git

• Deathskullz
  • 1,064 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krimzun Feendzz

Absolutely amazing! It comes off exactly as it should look in "reality."

Just the other day I saw a picture of a Rhino loaded up with 9 Beakies fit tightly into the back (looked about right for anyone who's ever been inside real APC's, heh); now I'm starting to wonder if GW may have got the size of their transports a bit more accurate than is generally assumed.

The Universe is Orkdom.

QUOTE (Ork Codex 4th Edition)
Gork and Mork are divine powerhouses, deities so strong they are never truly defeated. They simply shrug off the attacks of other gods with a raucous laugh. Gork grins, bearing his long teeth, and lands a mighty blow on his adversary's head with a spiked club the size of a comet. Mork, the master of cunning, waits until his foe isn't looking before clobbering him with a low blow.