Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gormakk, orc warlord

ork boss indiependent

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 434 posts

I give you Gormakk, the ork warlord by Rageing Heroes (they do other stuff than gurls, you know)

vvBXyNl.jpg

This one has been in the werks for years, I actually thought that I would not get to finishing him. The skin and armor was mostly painted, but I just lost interest. Then, a couple of months ago I thought to change his red under-armour and brown trouser colour to black and it just sorta clicked then.

...I just noticed I forgot to paint the emblem on the hat of the trophy 'umie head - oh well.

IcZvwNv.jpg

UScwgt4.jpg

bXTaoKm.jpg

BarPjbm.jpg

This one's listed "currently unavailable", but the fantasy version that uses the same body is available. I even have one, I think - I have yet to look inside the box. He's gonna get heavily converted when I have the time. After all, orks is made for rocking!

I realize now that a comparison shot might be nice. He really is big, especially now he is stomping on a spiky beakie.

• Dim_Reapa, DocNuK, chaoshead87 and 1 other like this
Armored walkers are Slow and Purposefull.

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

Nice job, AW. I especially like the details of the face, specifically the tongue and gums and the eyepiece. I find it amusing that they sculpted trim on his shoulder pad and weird that they sculpted the checks on the other shoulder pad. I like the, uh, basing. Well executed. Very tasteful. :lol Right down to the treads on his boots. 

Personally I like the axe on the model better visually, but who the heck is going to field a warboss without a PK?

Another gud'n. :thumbs

Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 434 posts

Yeah, why would any ork choose an axe if he coud get a PK? Though the klaw on this model is bit on the weedy size.. If by trim you mean the squiggly stuff aroud the left, red, spiky shouder-plate, that was sulpted by me. It was meant to look like ( bad ) welding, 'cause the plate just seemed to lay there without anything to attach it to the lower bitz.

I took a comparison pic:

gormakk%20size_zpsy4u6ff0q.jpg

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 595 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag

I had seen and forgotten about this model a long time ago.  It makes GW's Warlord pretty bloody static really, doesn't it?  Pity about the mini-klaw.  The round edges on the armour gives it an olden days look that is really appealing to a 2nd Ed baby like me.  He's resin I assume?

Your painting is stellar.  It's hard to see details on the trophy heads though - is that the sculpt or the photo or reality?  I sort of wish the beakee's arm didn't obscure the model, too.  Still fifty times better than I can aspire to though!

"Parry the 6!"

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

Well, he is a big dude. The shoota boy gives a better idea of scale. The beakie does give a sense of scale, but (hur hur hur) horizontally.

If by trim you mean the squiggly stuff aroud the left, red, spiky shouder-plate, that was sulpted by me. It was meant to look like ( bad ) welding, 'cause the plate just seemed to lay there without anything to attach it to the lower bitz.

Well, that just makes it weirder that they sculpted checks! Who does that?

I mistook your welding for gold trim, like epaulettes on 'umies, because my eye saw color where there is none. :blush The shoulder pad looks like the standard 3-spike round one (2nd ed, like Garslag notes). You see a lot of those floating about on boyz shoulders with no means of attachment. :biggrin

Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 434 posts

@MGD: Yeah, I get what you mean with the trim/weld-thingy. I've done this style of weldlines on vehicle armor, and there the connection is clearer, as in "squigly line between two straight metal panels - that must be welding!". As to the sculpted checks, I'm of two mind about those. On one hand they fit the model and help with getting that neat 3D feel to the paint, on the other they force your hand, you can't paint anything else there. This is actually the one thing I hate about the newest GW models, all the sculpted detail that makes painting actually harder and slower for me. I realise that for other painting styles it might speed up the painting and make for better looking armies, but personally I'd like to decide on details myself.

@Garslag: Yes, he is all resin. The trophy heads were a problem for me, they're sculpted sort of "rotted" = lacking in detail. It seems to be a consious decision by the sculpter rather than a casting issue, the hair and other bitz are really crisp and detailed. I'm not too happy with the way they look now, might have to fix them.

Your'e right about the beakie arm, it's a bit distrackting. I built and painted the base separately and did not quite see how it would look finished.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ork, boss, indiependent