Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ugruth the Jungle Fighter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 434 posts

Fantasy orc for a change, Ugruth the Jungle Fighter by MaxMini.

NnmMh7f.jpg

QOWGyqK.jpg

ucVnqf6.jpg

First I meant to convert 'im to an ork kommando, maybe Snikrot variant, but as he looks more like a  D&D orc facially and in body shape,  I just painted him as he is.

Size comparison to a regular boy, he is big:

1WUDVYr.jpg

That's a 32mm base under Ugruth.

This model is listed as "out of production" on some sites, but MaxMin's own store has stock at least. The mini comes in three basic parts, head+body+legs in one piece and both arms (from below shoulders) as separate bitz. There was a choise of three knife-blades, to glue on as you  like. The body bit was nicely done, not much  flash or mold lines to fix, but the arms were not so good,  perhaps the molds are on their last legs? I had to sculpt the fingertips+nails with putty and there was loads of other stuff to fix - that's why he has so many scars on his arms and hands. There was also a 'uge gap between the biceps and shoulders thet I filled with GS.  Othevise it was quite nice to paint, I got to test some colours I don't normally use and i'm quite happy with the results. The  base is supposed to be jungle, but looks more medowish to me, some bigger leaves or somesuch might do the trick.

Here's an unpinted pic:

h1L5vNn.jpg

One more:

cVfgh2x.jpg

On a related matter, where do you guys store your pictures nowadays? I've been using Photobucket for a decade, and I'm getting fed up with the constant advertizing, pop-ups, re-directs and general  waste of my time while I try to do anything  picture-related.

*edit 8.7.2017. So I finally went with imgur*

• chaoshead87 and Mik McMok the Mek like this
Armored walkers are Slow and Purposefull.

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

Nice job, AW. Good to see you still kicking around da Waaagh. And thanks for the review. This guy does look like a good Snikrot candidate. But I like the angry face and it would have been a shame to cover that up with night-vision goggles and such.

As always I store my pics on my own server, but I might suggest looking at deviantart.com. There are no limits on number or size of uploads and I believe image linking is a simple cut'n'paste, plus there is a sizeable 40k minis community there already. Just a thought.

• Mik McMok the Mek likes this
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 434 posts

As always I store my pics on my own server, but I might suggest looking at deviantart.com. There are no limits on number or size of uploads and I believe image linking is a simple cut'n'paste, plus there is a sizeable 40k minis community there already. Just a thought.

Thanks, MGD!

Hmm, your own server? That's the sort of magic my eldest grot often talks about with his friends, have to ask him about that. I was sort of awere of the existence of deviantart, but I've allways thought it to be for "real" artists only - people who need pro-grade pic sizes and strange file formats & things of that nature to actually sell the pics. I'll have to look into that, also Imgur has gotten some positive mentions.

Armored walkers are Slow and Purposefull.

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,420 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads

Nice job, AW. Good to see you still kicking around da Waaagh. And thanks for the review. This guy does look like a good Snikrot candidate. But I like the angry face and it would have been a shame to cover that up with night-vision goggles and such.

I was thinking it'd make a good Snikrot myself. Nice model and paint job.

The deviantart idea is good too. I have a Deviantart account and it's a lot easier than Youtube. My own website is on wordpress and I gather there is problems getting to see my pics on there.

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!