Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Waaa-Garslag Evil Sunz

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 598 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag

An Evil Sunz Gobsmasha.  I tried to sculpt a mohawk with green stuff for the guy popping up through the hatch, but failed hard and wound up buying some from Kromlech.  Unfortunately by that time I'd forgotten what colours I used on his skin, so he stayed as he is.

20161229_122908.jpg

20161229_122839.jpg

20161229_122852.jpg

20161229_122916.jpg

The side design that bears at least a passing resemblance to the Coca-Cola ribbon (or is it just me?) is actually a checkered version of the decals that used to adorn my old employer's trucks.  I think it looks pretty okay.  My next effort will be use a slightly drabber palette though, hopefully.

• Mad Grot Docsnik and Badfang Brassaxe like this
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,690 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

The side design that bears at least a passing resemblance to the Coca-Cola ribbon (or is it just me?) is actually a checkered version of the decals that used to adorn my old employer's trucks.  I think it looks pretty okay.  My next effort will be use a slightly drabber palette though, hopefully.

Anything like that looks ok on Evil Sunz vehicles and 'How bright should their vehicles be?' - the klan is renown for taking pride in their motors so erring towards 'too bright' probably is the right way to go on them (even Orks paint new stuff with new paint, the brighter the better for ES). Nice job on the front of the kannon too :thumbs

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 598 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag

Anything like that looks ok on Evil Sunz vehicles and 'How bright should their vehicles be?' - the klan is renown for taking pride in their motors so erring towards 'too bright' probably is the right way to go on them (even Orks paint new stuff with new paint, the brighter the better for ES). Nice job on the front of the kannon too :thumbs

Agree completely - it's important for the boyz to get their wheelz repainted regularly if only to stop the grots having time to sit around discussing Lenin and Trorkski.  But I do think it's kinda implausible that every vehicle in the fleet has been painted on the same weekend.  I really dig the mismatched rabble look in Orks, and think the vehicles should be in varying stages of disrepair.  Also I'm kind of inspired by Scottshoemaker's Evil Sunz and would like to try and do something a lot less pristine.  I will probably inadvertantly wind up making them quite bright anyway (I'm too much of a 2nd Ed baby), but he will give me a good mark to fall well short of.

• Mik McMok the Mek likes this
"Parry the 6!"