Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Squighoppers!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

Years ago someone posted a couple time-filler miniatures games. Try as I might, I can't seem to find the thread where I got this from, so I am going to have to go with an anonymous nod to whoever posted the original. They posted a goofy little squig-chase game which became a hit at family game nights for me and my kids. I painted up a troll and some mushrooms (sculpting mushrooms happened to be a buzzing topic around that time on the Waaagh) and always had something to fill the gap between games or waiting for the pizza to show up.

Anyway, to make a long story longer, I found my squighopper pieces and a handful of unpainted squigs. At that time we were using my squighounds. So I figured I'd do up the squigs rainbow style and have a permanent set for play and would pull it out at the holidays so the kids would get a laugh. Well, the army crapped on that plan so my eldest son won't be home for Christmas this year, but screw them I finished this little side project anyway.

The rules (I have tweeked them from the original) are here.

So, fine, enough yammering, here's the piccies.

The squigs...

Squighoppers.png

The rest of the pieces...

SquighoppersPieces.png

And an example game...

SquighoppersSetup.png

So, out of thanks to the orignal poster, I return the favor of posting this amusing past-time (and wonderful excuse to paint some interesting pieces) and hopefully kick off a family tradition for someone else.

Enjoy!

• chaoshead87, Badfang Brassaxe and Mik McMok the Mek like this
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Nice pieces, the game sounds like the sort of thing Dim might have come up with - got me wondering about a 'Katch da squigeon' game :biggrin

• Mad Grot Docsnik likes this

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,146 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!

Very nice squigs, MGD. :thumbs  Now I can plunder some of these colors for future any future squigs I'll need.   ;)

Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

Gun_wun

Gun_wun

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 55 posts

Right on, thanks for sharing!

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 595 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
That toadstool at back right is just amazing. That's absolutely the standout piece for me.
"Parry the 6!"

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,418 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads

:love Neat squigs and toadstools

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!