Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Askari Legion Walkers

- - - - - Killa Kan Deff Dred Mega Dred Askari Legion

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 466 posts
  • Army Name:Askari Legion (Blood Axes)

Placeholder for final pictures

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 466 posts

Been working on my Killa Kans a lot over the last few weeks. Finally, I organized what I have and figured out what I don't need (out of the piles of unbuilt metal kans.) Below is the family shot of six units of six kans, with 6 dreds. What are not shown are 6 more RT Dred/Kans.

Below are all based, with at least basic paint jobs (except two Dreds that only have basecoat). Weapons are mostly removed, without magnets for modularization (except a few that are magnetized.) I have parts to allow more dreds to be 3 or four armed.

IMG_7014.png

Below are two close ups to give you a better idea of the current state of each unit. Three sets of kans with a dred in each picture. The base edges are all the same, but each unit uses a different main color on the base. As I get time, I will upgrade the base color with static grass, stones, washes, or other detail to make the bases more visually interesting. The two left most kan units have very little painting detail, barely 4 colors. Most of the rest have much more detail. The second dred from the left is one I got as part of an army auction and was obviously scratch-built. What I did not realize was that it is mostly balsa (very soft wood) and a little paper and greenstuff. It came all broken, but nothing a lot of coat hanger wire and superglue could not fix.

IMG_7015.png

The right most unit is missing a looted sentinel kan, that I need to pull out of a bag of a dozen poorly looted and scratch built Ork walkers. The green tops on a couple models are green stuff hatches, that are somewhere I cannot find, so I just sculpted some more that are good enough. Note that the "kans" in the unit behind the left most (red) dred are all second edition dreds with two arms ripped off. I had to rebase and pin to the base about 24 of the kans, another soul-destroying task, but done now.

IMG_7016.png

Actions: Touch up all models (and paint two dreds), improve bases, magnetize weapon options

So, still lots of work, but doable by early January, when I plan to use all these for a large game I am planning for the club

• Badfang Brassaxe and Garr like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

That is gonna be some game :thumbs

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 466 posts

That is gonna be some game :thumbs

Yeah, I am thinking of making the required forces for each of the three Ork players be 30 kavalry (old snakebite boar riders), 12 kans, and 2 dreds plus a few points for the rest of their force. One of the Imperial players will have to take 60 Ork kommandos. The game will probably be a Ork + panzee/Dark panzee vs Imperial (2v1)

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 323 posts

holy walking kannage, Orkman!

• derry likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Killa Kan, Deff Dred, Mega Dred, Askari Legion