Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kargob's Skrapyard

- - - - - konvershun warbuggy trukk speed freaks evil sunz orks

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Mek Kargob

Mek Kargob

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 70 posts
  • Army Name:Kargob's Turbo Gitz

Here's a few conversions I've been working on. I don't like to paint (not very good at it, which is another reason I like orks as neither are they) and when I do it tends to be as much as possible in one go. Nothing you see will likely be painted, and anything you do is unlikely to be the final product.

Until then, enjoy my kitbashes and what-have-you. Current aim is to complete the following:

5 Warbuggies w/ Twin-Linked Rokkit Launcha (3 ready for painting)

3 Skorchas (2 ready for painting)

2 Warbuggies w/Twin-Linked Big Shootas (2 ready for painting)

2 Trukks w/ Rokkit Launcha (2 ready for painting)

1 Gun Trukk w/ Big Shoota, Flakka Dakka Gunz

TNWotdS.jpg?1

DaH0x11.jpg?1

eOnmQMV.jpg?1

hYu22Wc.jpg?1

eS9EUL9.jpg?1

76uEdj2.jpg?1

HCeyMvm.jpg?1

• Zagursnik likes this

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 323 posts

these are neat conversions! I especially like those trukks!

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 598 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
These are stellar. Living the truck with the dozer blade, and best use of taurox tracks.

HOWEVER! One objection: the gunner with topknot. You really must cut his topknot pig and reattach pointing backwards. No way is that buggy not going fast enough to blow his hair back.
"Parry the 6!"

MuzzleKrumpah

MuzzleKrumpah

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 30 posts
Those trukks are epic. And the buggies.

Nice work, look forward to seeing more.
*img snipped by HQ*

Mek Kargob

Mek Kargob

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 70 posts

These are stellar. Living the truck with the dozer blade, and best use of taurox tracks.
HOWEVER! One objection: the gunner with topknot. You really must cut his topknot pig and reattach pointing backwards. No way is that buggy not going fast enough to blow his hair back.

Yeah, I'd agree with the topknot. It was more of a placeholder more than anything. I can make him bald or reposition it in future if needs must. I need to get some more gits with goggles.

The plan for all this stuff is to put it in an Armies on Parade display. It's gonna be a dirt track running through a scrapyard with all the vehicles trying to win. Finish line at the minute is gonna be a finish line with skulls hanging down from chains. I might have starting lights set up with LEDs, too.

One or two of these vehicles are gonna have grots attending them in a pit stop or something.

Mek Kargob

Mek Kargob

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 70 posts

I saw the Armoured Container release, and with the knowledge that every new release is an Ork release (and the fact that I needed a Battlewagon), I chopped up an old, crappily put-together Hellhound from Ebay and got started:

767LoYR.jpg?1

pJnLvsM.jpg?1

ZnvXKPQ.jpg?1

As an aside - is it modelling for advantage if I put 3 rokkit launchas on the front facing? I was having a discussion with somebody who was claiming it was due to the official model having room for only 2 at the front on its normal configuration.

I'd also like some advice on dust/dirt weathering, if anyone's got some handy.

• Orkimedez and MuzzleKrumpah like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,690 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

I saw the Armoured Container release, and with the knowledge that every new release is an Ork release (and the fact that I needed a Battlewagon), I chopped up an old, crappily put-together Hellhound from Ebay and got started:

As an aside - is it modelling for advantage if I put 3 rokkit launchas on the front facing? I was having a discussion with somebody who was claiming it was due to the official model having room for only 2 at the front on its normal configuration.

I'd also like some advice on dust/dirt weathering, if anyone's got some handy.

Nice start, gonna write 'Eddy Stobork' on the sides?

The official BW has got loads of room to stick a deffdredd/killakan rokkit launcha arm anywhere you want, pointing in any direction.

Best bet might be to see what YooToobs got to offer? 

MuzzleKrumpah

MuzzleKrumpah

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 30 posts
Your conversions are on point, love um... look forward to seeing more .
*img snipped by HQ*

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 323 posts

it's only modelling for advantage if you try and convince your opponent the thing has more guns than it actually has/is allowed to have. You can only take so many rokkits on the thing, but what's wrong with having a few aesthetic pieces?

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 156 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh
Very nice!!! Keep it up.

Love the last battlewagon

Alienerd

Alienerd

Wartrukk Gunner

• Grot Rebelz
  • 1,678 posts
  • Army Name:Rebel Grotz

Put the rokkits where you want/ think they look best. 

If this person really has a problem (they play panzee or fish'ead, don't they? can already tell), then you could always offer to measure from where abouts the normal mounting points would be on the official model. Then everybody is happy.

How many kans can a killa kan kill if a killa kan can kill kans?

MuzzleKrumpah

MuzzleKrumpah

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 30 posts

its not really modelling to your advantage anyway, you're throwing all your eggs in one basket and having everything only able to fire in the front arc. so basically, an opponent with half a brain would use this and get round to the back or sides. If anything, it gives you a disadvantage, especially against deep striking enemies.

so tell them to fark off and pipe down!!

awesome work :)

*img snipped by HQ*

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: konvershun, warbuggy, trukk, speed freaks, evil sunz, orks