Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gobsmasha's Mekanized Deffskullz WIPLog

- - - - - deffskulls lootas mechanised

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Big Mek GobSmasha

Big Mek GobSmasha

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 313 posts
  • Army Name:Gobsmasha's Deffskullz

Greetz!

Been on a long long hiatus of pretty much no 40k. But I'm returning, slowly, and thus opening another WIPlog to help motivate me, and document what progress I make. My army is almost entierly deffskulls, with a few Bad Moonz nobs and Evil Sunz Stormboyz that I may get around to repainting in proppa colours eventually.

Talking of painting it will be immediately obvious I like my orks dark and 'gritty'. Sometimes I err on the side of too dark, I'm still experimenting and finding a balance. I also want to start using rust as well as washes to achieve the Battle worn look I'm after. I've very few models that are finished, but many many more on the workbench.

What I do have finished I've got a few shots of. Just as I'm still working on my painting style, I'm still trying to figure out the best camera settings (focus is alright but I'm still trying to find a mode that gives true to life colours) Without further waffle, the finished stuff:

Spoiler

Full album that will continue to be updated, with extra angles too (feel free to ask if you want a better angle on something!), is here: http://imgur.com/a/2FA2w

And now for the WIP stuff:

I'm repainting a (really awesome) looted chimera I aquired from somewhere. It's my test model for some new weathering techniques too.

lw6zRLR.jpg?1

At the same time, I'm putting the finishing touches on a looted Rhino, that I call the 'Stug Asauf Ork'

GHZGDhy.jpg?1

I'm thinking I need to add some curved armour plates to the barrel, and maybe build up a bit more of a gun housing too.

Then there's a vanilla battlewagon in for repairs and repaints, and a heavily WIP Looted Russ with Baneblade tracks.

k9GooSf.jpg?1

As always, C&C appreciated. I'll try and keep this thread semi-regularly updated, but no promises.

If it ain't bolted down itz ours...and if it is, I gotz a wrench! 

Check out my WIP Log

Big Mek Rekkcrasha

Big Mek Rekkcrasha

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 75 posts
  • Army Name:Big Mek Rekkcrasha's Looty Boyz

Good to see you back GobSmasha :thumbs

Some great models and ideas you have there.

It seems no matter how long the break away from the hobby, we all return in one way or another! :biggrin

Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die, so it don't count as beat. If we runs for it we don't die neither, so we can always come back for anuvver go, see!

Steals it and paint it BLOO

Click the link to view and follow my Blog: - Big Mek Rekkcrasha's Mekshop

Big Mek GobSmasha

Big Mek GobSmasha

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 313 posts

Cheers! It's good to be back.

Feel free to loot any ideas you particularly like ;) (My ideas are often better than my execution after all)

Once you go green you can never go back :P

Check out my WIP Log

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 595 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Are you sure there's a chimera under there? There's some serious kustomisation that has gone into that beast! I like it very much.

The trukk is also very cool. I can see bits of the trukk kit in there, but I can't tell how much of it is reprised trukk and how much is scratch. The gun turret is a great touch.
"Parry the 6!"

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 323 posts

these are some cool machines!  That beast of a chimera based build is great!

Big Mek GobSmasha

Big Mek GobSmasha

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 313 posts

Cheers all. 

The flatbed trukk is almost all parts from the trukk kit, the gun turret being the obvious exception. I love how it turned out myself :D 

Not sure who's the original builder of the Chimera - I'm only responsible for slapping a coat of bloo on it :P It's serving as my inspiration for looted vehicles of my own, like the Stug.

Check out my WIP Log

Big Mek GobSmasha

Big Mek GobSmasha

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 313 posts

I'm calling the ex-Chimera repaint done:

SqXLYgHm.jpg?1

9nnMVpIm.jpg?1

Pretty happy with how the rust turned out, considering it's pretty much my first time doing rust (!), other than that its pretty standard.

I also located some other mostly painted infantry models.

Yet annuva boss:

1GhtAZnm.jpg?1

Coupla burnas:

zk1XwmAm.jpg?1

Various:

9DHHP8am.jpg?1

And, just for fun, a size comparison between my current Biggest Boss and a normal boy:

SVtfP5bm.jpg?1

'E is huge! Now that I look at it, I should have beefed up the waist a bit more. Might get around to that eventually, pity he's already painted up. 

Until next time, keep kalm and waaagh on! 

Check out my WIP Log

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deffskulls, lootas, mechanised