Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WAAAGH! Gar 'Un Mek-Klaws WIP-athon

* * * * * 3 votes bloodaxe wip looted tank Looted tank Mek junka Blood axe ork Mekboy

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

Garr

Garr

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 202 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gar'un Mek-Klaw!
WAAAGH! Gar 'Un Mek-Klaw is a Bloodaxe warband of immense size (easily 5k) that focuses on armoured assaults backed up by incredible amounts of boom and dakka.

Waaagh! Mek-Klaw is split into four separate factions, Kommanda Mek-Klaw's Troopa Boyz, Big Mek Grimgobz Metal Fist Tank Boyz, Kournal Killgorez Speedy-Boyz & Kaptin' Wartsnaggaz Grot Guard.

Kommanda Kek-Klaw's Troopa Boyz:

Led by the boss himself these boyz are the biggest and 'ardest in the Waaagh! Currently i have 30 Nobz WIP x2 squads of 20 shootaboyz and a x20 squad of 'ardboyz plus a squad of tankbustas, x2 squads of 10 Kommandos and a few Mek and Painboyz + Bigmek & painboss, i'll update this as i get more finished but here's a few photos so far:

boyz.jpgboyz2.jpg

First Shootaboyz test sample, not a great picture to be honest but he's a good indicator of the armies theme, khaki with red and white decals (the 'arder the lad the more red and white decals they get)

TANKBUSTAZ.jpg

I can actually field a full contingent of 15 tank bustaz (all converted because i don't like the GW sculpts) but i usually stick to 10 when i bring the Kill-Bursta tank so they can ride along, take down void fields and mop up heavy infantry.

kommando.jpg

One of the two Kommando Nobz leading my two kommando mobz, always outflanking.

Skulham1.jpg

Skulham2.jpg

Skulham3.jpg

Da Skull'amma Battle Tank, the boss' personal ride along with up to three squads of Nobz, still very much WIP and will be for a while as i'm working on my infantry atm.

Mek-Boss Grimgobz Metal Fist Tank Boyz:

Da Brainz of Waaagh Mek-Klaw, Grimgob maintains a fleet of tanks and guns to rival any of the 'umie armies, as well as a Kill-Bursta the Mekboy can also bring two Junkas, five Looted Tanks, Buggy squads, two squads of Grot Tanks a Lifta-Droppa wagon.

lifta.jpg

WIP Lifta-Droppa.

index13.jpg

Grimgobz "Metal Fist", minus a few.
  • det, Itinerate Ork, Totgeboren and 3 others like this

Garr

Garr

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 202 posts

meks.jpg

"Da ladz" including Grimgob himself, Da Metal Fist Tank Boyz are known for the prestigious number of Mekboyz in their ranks.

index8.jpgindex9.jpg

More Mekboyz

index11.jpg

index5.jpg

Korpral Krump's Boom buggies.

index10.jpg

Last pic of the first part, scratch built Grot Tank No.1, love these little buggers.

I'll post up more projects in pt2 as soon as i have a little spare time in my office.

• Totgeboren, Zagursnik, Dallo and 2 others like this

Big Mekboy Chumba

Big Mekboy Chumba

Buzzing Squig

• Grotz
  • 97 posts
  • Army Name:Da Steel Boot Boyz
Awesome stuff, I like the paint work! Fantastic! That lifta droppa looks cool, liking the large turret for a kinda top heavy look!
If I break it, I'll fix it.
If you break it, I'll fix you!

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 324 posts

I really enjoy those small grot tanks!  And your work on those vehicle conversions is impressive!  Oh, and the Tank busta nob...he's fun :)

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 466 posts
  • Army Name:Askari Legion (Blood Axes)

I would like to see larger pictures of the tanks. From the small pics we can tell they are awesome, but not how awesome they really are. 640 or 800 or 1000 pixels wide is fine for the forum to handle these days. If you are nervous about mobile users or posting too many pictures, just hide them behind spoiler tags (like I and some others do.)

Code for spoiler is like below, but with brackets [ ] instead of parenthesis ( )

(spoiler)  

content

(/spoiler)

It ends up looking like this, with the summary added manually to tease people to check it out

Summary: Same picture of tank above

Spoiler

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 959 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play

the ww I style buggies are my favourite-

In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

Goff Boss

Goff Boss

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts
Lovely stuff going on here! Can't wait to see more

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 162 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh
Extraordinary

Garr

Garr

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 202 posts

index.jpg

Just a quick pic of the first few Grot Guard models, my camera is awful and at the moment by the time i'm getting home in the evening from work the sun has already set making my camera even worse, i will persevere though and get you more pics when i can.

index.jpg

Oh, a close up of Mek-Boss Morg Grimgob, may go back and paint some of the teeth on his gob red/white eventually.

• derry, Gorlock, Big Bad Squig and 1 other like this

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 616 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
I adore Mek Grimgob. I had to look twice to identify the meganob base you've done so much work on him. I don't know that the model needs any more checks, although I guess according to the back story he should probably have them
"Parry the 6!"

Garr

Garr

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 202 posts
So, kind of between project and before i knew it, bang i had a new Mekboy.

20160229_162512.jpg
  • Totgeboren and Big Bad Squig like this

Garr

Garr

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 202 posts
WIP mek hoard
Spoiler

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,740 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

That's some real skill that you're showing, excellent stuff :thumbs

Dazbag Skorcha

Dazbag Skorcha

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 32 posts
  • Army Name:Da Burning Moonz

Dude you are such an inspiration for me!  >:

I'Z GOT DA BEST SHOOTAS AND ARMOUR DER IZ   :dakka

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 324 posts

Ha!  Those are fantastic meks!   I got lazy during an apocalypse game in which I took like 15 meks (for my Stompas!)  and ended up slaping lego wrenches onto boyz.  My friends allowed it, but these...wow.  I've got some work to do!

PeaceCraft

PeaceCraft

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 819 posts
  • Army Name:Da KogDeff Broozaz

nice skills!

you got that design and plasticard technique that remind me of the old da waaagh master mekz! keep em coming!

Garr

Garr

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 202 posts
Taurox gunwagon for my speedy boyz, it's a little smaller than i had hoped but i think i'm generally quite pleased with it.

Spoiler

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 324 posts

Taurox gunwagon for my speedy boyz, it's a little smaller than i had hoped but i think i'm generally quite pleased with it.

Spoiler

Oh man, I've wanted to get one of these and convert it since I first saw them. This is SCREAMING conversion.  You've done a great job here.

Itinerate Ork

Itinerate Ork

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 359 posts

The conversions and builds are very nice, but I am most impressed with your painting - really nice work on subtle, effective highlights!

Garr

Garr

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 202 posts

It's been a slow week but here are some of my new stormboyz ready for a game next week.

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bloodaxe, wip, looted tank, Looted tank, Mek junka, Blood axe ork, Mekboy