Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Askari Legion Artillery

- - - - - Mek Guns Big Guns Askari Legion

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts
  • Army Name:Askari Legion (Blood Axes)

Placeholder first post for current status pictures

Base coated plastic kannons, convertible to other variations, based on Russian kits, see post 8 for details

IMG_5946.pngIMG_5945.png

• Magus Gar Kan likes this

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

As part of my effort to get all my units organized, below is another post of my progress.

Summary: Various types of artillery from Technolog and other Russian companies

Spoiler

Warning: This is mainly a placeholder thread for now. It will probably be months until I make much progress.

This post is a repeat of the above until I make further progress.

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

Summary: Frame with the Technolog Artillery Parts

Spoiler

Big Mek Orktapus

Big Mek Orktapus

squig attack arm

• Deathskullz
  • 478 posts
  • Army Name:Da Skrappas

That cannon looks pretty cool, I like the tracta kannon conversion too, what kits are they from?

Deffskulls: if it ain't bolted down its fair game...and if it is they will still try to "loot" it.

Da scrapas

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

tehnolog.ru is the website. Note that it is not spelled with a "c". technolog.ru is a malware site. My earlier version of this post misspelled the site name.

A couple sellers on eBay resell the Tehnolog artillery and other kits. Search there using "Techno Demonic Artillery" or "Steampunk Cannon".  They are in and out of stock all the time. You can also search on tehnolog or robogear.

• Big Mek Orktapus likes this

Big Mek Orktapus

Big Mek Orktapus

squig attack arm

• Deathskullz
  • 478 posts
  • Army Name:Da Skrappas

Thank you pointing out to avoid their website, I'll check it out on Ebay.  :thumbs

Deffskulls: if it ain't bolted down its fair game...and if it is they will still try to "loot" it.

Da scrapas

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

Summary: Pre-mek gun artillery and some oddballs

Spoiler

A: Toy parts used for Flakka Dakka, plastic

B: Zzap guns, metal, 3rd edition

C: Kannons-Top row on Warhammer Fantasy cannon and two Mage Knight, second row three metal 2nd ed, bottom two rows six 3rd ed

D: Lobbas-five Mage Knight, squig Katapult, nine 3rd ed metal

E: Smasha guns-one bit and four guns, Tractor-6 guns, Wonky-one epic panzee arm gun on Ork carriage

F: Forgeworld grot bomb, pulsa rokkits used as grot bombs-one bit and 12 launchers, Wonky need to repaint and use as thunderfire cannon

G: Guns from old 2nd ed Dreds and Kans used as cannons (mainly for vehicles)-12 total

Many of the guns are not glued to the mounts, so I could use them in alternate mounts on vehicles.

Note: Sololegends has pictures of what 2nd edition guns looked like. Interesting how smasha gun key bit looks basically the same, but the tractor got a redesign

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

Summary: WIP shots of plastic artillery, base coating, and group shot

Spoiler

Top: Mek guns bits before base coating in Army Painter spray gunmetal

Next: Kannon barrels in in Army Painter spray gunmetal

Next: Single shot with gears in spray Rustoleum Antique Bronze and wheel in Flat Black primer (I liked the rubber wheel look)

Bottom: Group shot with a couple unbuilt (missing pieces) in the bag and some hopeful Flakka Dakka guns (just needing long barrels on ends)

Note: unpainted pins holding wheels, which I figure I can hand paint since everything so far is spray

Notes, Lessons Learned, and Observations

1. The small gear is pretty tight, as are all the other connections. I had to drill out the sockets, but overall that was fast

2. The kit is not super crisp, so I had a lot of filing to do, especially on the kannon barrels

3. I still need to paint these: washes (probably airbrush) and other details like mud on the wheels

4. Before priming, I drilled and glued in small nails on the bottoms of the support walls of the carriage

My plan is to laser cut some magnetic gun shields that go behind the wheels and maybe have a control panel

5. The mek guns bits will all have dowels or plastic tubing glued in their sockets that match the diameter of the kannon barrels, so I can swap them

6. I am tempted to shave off the end of the targeta (scope) and put a tiny craft gem. It will look tacky, but maybe Orky afterall

• dotphil likes this

PeaceCraft

PeaceCraft

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 818 posts
  • Army Name:Da KogDeff Broozaz

geez, i love how you go all out and just build a million models!
good techniques in scratchbuilding ford production line style :D

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

Yeah, I find it easier to accumulate over a long time, and then batch build everything at once. 

Cautionary Tale: I really have no need for this many gunz, especially since I have so many of the 1-3rd edition ones, but I kept ordering since sourcing them was so difficult at first. Not being that organized with these caused me to find about 15 of them in a couple waves later, resulting in me having way more than needed. At least now I can show off my huge collection of big guns. . . Yes, I must be compensating for having such small ones. Please use my cautionary tale to not become "that guy."  :blush

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mek Guns, Big Guns, Askari Legion