Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

None's Conversion Madness Mk2

* * * * * 2 votes Stompa Scratchbuilds Gargant Dreads Deffdreads Army blog Badmoonz

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

Nonebutone

Nonebutone

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 689 posts
  • Army Name:Geargut'z Mekboyz

Greetings Greenskins and Gitz!

It is I, Nonebutone, (None for short), finally returned after..... a... very very very Long break from building Orks.

Now, for those who don't know me, I am a Proper Mek Head, building Kanz/Dreads/Mega-Dreads/Meka-Dreads/Stompas/Gargants... etc. If it has Legs, I build it... If it didn't need legs? I may add them... If it was an Ork at one Point? Might be in a Metal body now. But really, I am a fan of building Ork walkers which look like Orks, So rather then seeing the pot bellied Stompas, you'll see figures that have more or less the outline of an Ork. After all, Humans build things in their Image? No reason why an Ork wouldn't want a giant metal Idol  to his god looking the way he does?

As of Late, I've sold off the majority of my old Ork Infantry, including my previous boss, "BoltKrunk" To a fellow Greenskin player in the area, who was more then happy to expand his army by a chunk. This left me with very little troops, but the desire to rebuild, and rebuild Proppa.
So the new ork force I'm building, is dedicated to The Badmoons, the only Klan wealthy enough to Rent out my creations.

What to expect:
This will both be a thread for me to show off my latest builds, both in progress and completed, and my Army progress, as it grows from the few Squads of boyz to the proper Waaagh I'm planning.
The vast Majority of the items I'll be posting will be of the Walker type, with one... extra Large figure that should be showing up every few weeks As I bolt yet more bits of armor onto it.

Now then, Lets begin with the Mekboss himself, Geargutz Mk1
20151224_111632_zpsgnvs1pjc.jpg

20151224_111838_zps0butv3ml.jpg
(Scale Shot beside one of my new boyz, and the Generic Ork Boy)
This was the previous incarnation of my warboss, Which I've had for... a good few years, He was big enough, but lacked the bulk th match the new army I was working on... so a new body was needed.

Geargutz Mk2 The Early stages:
20151226_215230_zpsnfywgl3w.jpg
20151226_215221_zpsl5d8wvxg.jpg
20151227_191752_zps27yiazj3.jpg

More or less... all armor, big, bulky and... far wider then the previous Version.
20151229_160432_zpsrcvlvyqe.jpg

Work Continued, the body being finished easily, with the same scale and structure as the previous... just with more Oompfh.

20151229_191247_zpssrdheehv.jpg

Da boss gets the first coat of paint once hes on his base. (With Cigar holding Cybernetic Tendril arm)

Paint Hits the Figure:
20160102_225757_zpsxue42gaz.jpg
Plus his new Zogging Uge Axe.
20160102_225737_zpsvjw5wob0.jpg

Leading the New Gitz In style.
20160104_201140_zpsu7iodohi.jpg

• Dim_Reapa, Totgeboren, Big Mek Rekkcrasha and 2 others like this
Da Umies say "If You build it dey will come" But every time I build somethin, dey run!.

Nonebutone

Nonebutone

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 689 posts

Even More Stuff:

First off, a quick bit of Lore that I wrote To fit the army
"Days after the Fiasco of Bloo running off with the majority of the boyz, Geargutz' Mek was far from silent.

Those remaining Orks Cringed as they held their Squig Brew, as over the ceaseless Engine background noise, Were the shouts of agony of one of their kin.
Now, Normally the lot would find this rather funny, but with a Warboss such as Geargutz, rarely did the words "Iz No Problem. I Fix" end well... especially when the boss had dragged a git into the workshop directly after saying it.

As the Boyz sit and drank, the Doors finally opened, and Into the light stepped their Missing Kin. They blinked slowly, their Minds not quite registering the change at first, but One by one it dawned on them, The Ork in question was covered from head to toe in scars, And now seemed to be a great deal larger. its eyes alight with inner fire, it uttered a single phrase before stomping forward and dragging another "Volunteer" inside.

"Iz No Problem.... WE Fix.""

My plan, Is to build my Waaagh without using the Normal Ork boy body, so Every "boy" needs to be replaced with a Nob, So Conversions everywhere!

The First few Shoota boyz, (the Original test)
20151219_100814_zpsnssev8kv.jpg

I'd call it a success, They look brutal, yet with enough differences not to have the repeated 3 gunz really take notice.

20151219_165547_zpsdflrwriv.jpg
My Rokkit boy, rather happy with how the first one came out

20151221_222547_zpsuyvafimw.jpg

First Trukk Mob gets fleshed out, and awaits the yellow final touches of paint.
20151223_100727_zpsw6nxpcxq.jpg
Almost done, plus a few of the fresh Grot "Recruits"

I'm Rather happy with how the first squad came out, though upgrading the normal ork boyz to Nob bodies does give some issues that I'll have to figure out in the future. Namely... What do I do with the figures that are already Nob sized? For the Time being, I'm ignoring the issue, and just having the entire army be beefed up.

Not only are the Ork Boyz on the "Chopping block" So too are some Kommandoz

20151224_111929_zpsrm7nvqob.jpg
20151222_191836_zpsw3dhk3i7.jpg

Lil bit of greenstuff to give them sneaky masks, some close combat weapons, and some fancier Sluggas seem to do the trick.

Yet more to follow...

• det, Skarshak and Big Bad Squig like this
Da Umies say "If You build it dey will come" But every time I build somethin, dey run!.

Nonebutone

Nonebutone

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 689 posts

Now for the Big fellow.

To continue with the "Bigger is better" I Could be posting pictures of my old Stompa, but That doesn't seem right. instead I'll show off some updated pictures of my Meka-Gargant, who... is still very much in the WIP Stages.

This is more or less where the Gargant has been sitting for the past few months, No real progress, Just... Big... ZOgging BIG. but I've gotten back to working on it, adding bits and pieces here and there.
20160105_120835_zpstfhnj3oc.jpg

The Revitalization of the project began with the Gut:
20160107_105844_zpsuiefo1y0.jpg

Thickened it out considerably, added some weighted support to the "bum" for balance, and a Walkway large enough for individual ork boyz to stand upon, Just to give a sense of scale.

Next came the shoulders, the Original connection point was far too low, so I increased its height by a good 6 inches, and added the shoulders and Neck.
20160107_105818_zpsf5iz1am8.jpg

Then came adding armor to his chest, And connecting the arm (Which had already been finished for quite a while. Thanks to the bum weight, t held the arm rather well, and stands upright without any support. (though it will get a base at some point in the Future)

20160107_153948_zpsg602youo.jpg

20160107_153956_zpssnvrlosm.jpg

20160107_154003_zpsfyrvcp3d.jpg

(yep there is a Battlewagon In his hand for scale)

Now, a bare armored torso is cool and all, but This is an Ork Gargant, It needs something big and scary on the Front... so I Started working on a Massive armored Glyph
20160110_152026_zpssk9aliyw.jpg

Along with that came the Gaze of Gork, which I placed within the torso... mostly to avoid too much weight in the head, and to allow for more details/wires to take over that portion of the torso.
20160110_152101_zps1bmf4vkr.jpg
(Scale Knight for... silly bigness)

Boyz Eye view of a Imperial Knight whos bout to get Wrecked.

20160110_152123_zpsfgef8hw9.jpg

Yet More to follow.

-None

• warhead01, derry, Gorlock and 3 others like this

Skarshak

Skarshak

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 3 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Skarshak

Looking good 'None', your boys are getting Propah Fixed and will be Krump'n in no time. :thumbs
​As for Bloo.... da ruddy git took a walk with me lucky stikk the other day and had to be taught a lesson.

Bugger will know his place in my Waaagh soon enough! :yes

• Nonebutone likes this

Chief Waaagh-o-Mancer at Da Mek Shop

Big Mek Rekkcrasha

Big Mek Rekkcrasha

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 75 posts
  • Army Name:Big Mek Rekkcrasha's Looty Boyz

Good to see you back again None, some great work going on here!  :thumbs

Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die, so it don't count as beat. If we runs for it we don't die neither, so we can always come back for anuvver go, see!

Steals it and paint it BLOO

Click the link to view and follow my Blog: - Big Mek Rekkcrasha's Mekshop

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 466 posts
  • Army Name:Askari Legion (Blood Axes)

The kommando masks seem easy and are awesome. I am looting those for sure.

Nonebutone

Nonebutone

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 689 posts

Yet More stuff!

The next step of the army, is to get everyone mounted in some sort of Transport.

The Flash Gitz already have a ride set up, their battlewagon... which I Still need to fine tune and Update a bit further.  However the 3 squads of shoota boyz will need a ride. so... 'ere we go!

Trukk #1
20160102_141424_zpsu3dn04vb.jpg
20160102_141417_zpsmtgmga4t.jpg
20160102_230024_zpsm283csfr.jpg

Simple rebuild, extended the body and gave it some more width, traded out the weedy Ork boyz as driver/gunner, and replace them with some Proppa Nobz behind the wheel.

Trukk #2
20160111_182901_zpsfyri0anu.jpg

This one I worked a bit more on then the first, Extended the frame, and likewise increased the width, then added more armor overall.

Trukk #3
20160111_182911_zpssxeiozn5.jpg

Lastly this one I went a bit sillier on, Giving a forward troop transport area, and the same sort of hull upgrades as the previous two.
Still waiting on a shipment of Nob bodies to give these two their crew, but That should be sometime later this week. beyond the crew, all that is really needed is some final touches to the engine blocks, and Rivets... Loads of Rivets.

-None

• warhead01 and Dazbag Skorcha like this

Nonebutone

Nonebutone

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 689 posts

Starting a side project to go along with my Gargant, that and to test out ideas for the Gargant on a smaller scale. So.. I've been building, starting with the melee weapons, (Though still more rivets and details to go!)

20160125_153714_zpsurhr9qcz.jpg

20160125_153734_zpsxx4mtawt.jpg

I plan to make up to 5 of these beasts, Each along the same template, and then go from there.

Beyond that, Haven't had much time to work on My Orks... been distracted with shinies.

20160122_171201_zpshuphxahj.jpg

-None

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 324 posts

This is some really cool stuff!  I especially like the axes on your Mek boss shaped like an ork's head. A nice touch, that is.  That gargant...just...wow.  That's mighty impressive!

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,849 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

20160110_152101_zps1bmf4vkr.jpg

Have you still not finished that thing? :lol

None is probably our most perfectionist master mek on the forum (and there's a lot of competition for those laurels) and regularly exposed members will often become desensitized to the levels of awesome on display. If you have any doubts, check out his previous thread.

That said...

Geargutz Mk2...
20151229_191247_zpssrdheehv.jpg

Da boss gets the first coat of paint once hes on his base. (With Cigar holding Cybernetic Tendril arm)

Paint Hits the Figure:
20160102_225757_zpsxue42gaz.jpg

This guy is just a whole different level. Could be an official model and I wouldn't bat an eyelid. I presume you're giving him another arm though?

• warhead01 and Nonebutone like this

Nonebutone

Nonebutone

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 689 posts

Indeed, he does have another arm, I've just been waiting for a day where I Haven't received Rain/Snow/Canada-weather-nonsense to Prime. (same with the trukks and a few more of the boyz actually)

20160126_153810_zpspnthd2bi.jpg

20160126_153816_zpsakulshn8.jpg

As Every boss needs a Power Klaw capable of Flipping a Tank with ease. Or... at least burly enough to arm wrestle one of those beakie Dreads.

-None

• warhead01 and Dim_Reapa like this

Nonebutone

Nonebutone

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 689 posts

Onwards!

Time for something a bit sneakier, Still finishing up the paint, needs some gold n a bit more red. Maybe some weapon splatter. but...

20160127_205044_zpsga0dxqhs.jpg
20160127_205100_zpsr4euaiey.jpg
20160127_205103_zpsoqzggsn3.jpg

Da Kommandoz are taking shape, Still got one more to prime (Carries the burna) but the remaining 4+Nob are almost done.
20160127_205109_zpsmidrd3lw.jpg

20160127_205120_zpscbeyviv3.jpg
20160127_205133_zpsdob80lmm.jpg

This is a very... very... very simple conversion, its just a bit of greenstuff as skull masks over the top half of the face, add some Plastic rivets and... boom. Kommando Masks.

-None

• KillFalcon likes this

Big Mek Orktapus

Big Mek Orktapus

squig attack arm

• Deathskullz
  • 478 posts
  • Army Name:Da Skrappas

OMG None is back! and apparently constructing the worlds largest Gargant. Always loved your stuff None cant wait to see how that bad boy turns out, welcome back.  :cheers

Deffskulls: if it ain't bolted down its fair game...and if it is they will still try to "loot" it.

Da scrapas

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 324 posts

a nice, simple, and very effective conversion for kommandos!  Great idea!

Nonebutone

Nonebutone

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 689 posts

A Shipment of bitz I was waiting for finally arrived, (21 Assorted Nob Combi weapons, 25 Assorted Nob bodies) So Back to work on the Waaagh to get it to a playable level!

Latest addition, the start of a set of 3 Deff-Koptas

20160130_1014550_zpsbynbs5x2.jpg

20160130_101448_zpsdtqnxgak.jpg

20160130_101513_zpsddjaxcff.jpg

Now, I'm not a big fan of the idea of orks building copters, just on the actual math/science of keeping something in control like that... compared to just straping rokkits onto a bike and seeing what happens.... So... these "Koptas" will be Jet bikes.

-None

• Da Green One likes this

Nonebutone

Nonebutone

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 689 posts

Progress:

More or less finished the first Deffkopta, Minus base (which I'll be working on later this week)

20160131_094804_zpsti3hsogr.jpg

20160131_094748_zpsdfdauhli.jpg
20160131_094826_zpsaxvzq0ey.jpg

And then started on the 2nd of 3
20160131_094902_zpsbtppsolm.jpg
20160131_0948550_zps1hosouq0.jpg

Still Just using the Nobz Kit & FlashGit Kit for the actual bodies, But I rather like how these are turning out so far.

-None

• det, Itinerate Ork and Da Green One like this

Itinerate Ork

Itinerate Ork

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 359 posts

Very cool take on deffkoptas! I particularly like the rokkit banners.

What is the red piping you use?

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,849 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

That's how Orks do breaks: put a bigger rokkit thrusta up front! Hits da enemy too!

I too like the rokkit banner. Is that kit-bashed?

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 324 posts

that's some beautiful weathering work on the armour plates. I'm struggling with mine, so this is a great image to use as a guide.

Alienerd

Alienerd

Wartrukk Gunner

• Grot Rebelz
  • 1,678 posts
  • Army Name:Rebel Grotz

I too like the rokkit banner. Is that kit-bashed?

Flash Gitz box for that banner. Pain in the neck that you only get a single one, same with all the other cool banners.

How many kans can a killa kan kill if a killa kan can kill kans?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Stompa, Scratchbuilds, Gargant, Dreads, Deffdreads, Army blog, Badmoonz