Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Askari Legion Superheavy Tanks

- - - - - Kill Krusha Kill Blasta Kill Bursta Skullhamma Battlefortress Askari Legion

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts
  • Army Name:Askari Legion (Blood Axes)

Placeholder post for current playable or final pictures

DSCF7024.png

The above Kill Krusha was painted blue where the red is now. But maybe them there Deathskulls should not leave their tanks unattended. It now has pride of place with the Blood Axe Askari Legion (after being repainted shiny red.) The above shiny red was because the paint is still wet, but also because I put red ink on top of a normal red coat. Still lots of detailing needed, but this is at least able to be on the tabletop, and not so playable because of its "silly" rules.

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

In his WIP custom Battlewagons thread, Basz002 posted his D9R armored dozer to battlewagon conversion that I found inspiring. But I was not thinking of a conversion to a battlewagon (that I have way too many of already), but like the always awesome DocNuK said first, a conversion to a kill tank (which I only own one of.)

Spoiler Summary: Potential toy finds that are similar in size and layout to the 1/35 D9R Dozer and the FW Kill Blasta and Kill Busta tanks

Spoiler

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

The two toys I ordered arrived. Toys"R"Us calls them CAT 9 inch Big Builder L&S Shaking Machine Vehicle - Bull Dozer

Spoiler Summary: Pictures of the two toy dozers I ordered with meganob and FW Kill Kusha for scale.

Spoiler

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

In progress view of the blue Kill Krusha shown in earlier posts to it transformation to a red one.

Spoiler Summary: Wet and red Kill Krusha, still in progress

Spoiler

My plans for this one are to put on a stenciled number and maybe add more detail. Not painted by me, but by a gentleman in Korea, so it already has way more detail than I need to get it into play.

Garslag

Garslag

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 559 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Very much looking forward to this.

Only 3 though? That's kinda... restrained for you, isnt it?
  • derry and Badfang Brassaxe like this
"Parry the 6!"

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts
Only 3 though? That's kinda... restrained for you, isnt it?

LOL, yes but I am more restrained for models that are very expensive and don't have good rules. Although scratch-building tanks is not really saving money. I still have the 21 Skullhammas that compete with Kill Tanks for points during apoc games and I will have plenty of those.

PS, I also expect these to be a slow burn, so it may be months before I get to them. I don't even have the PuppetsWar guns yet.

Spoiler Summary: Puppetswar big guns, Big Momma and Super Cannon

Spoiler

Either way I expect to be happy with and find a use for anything I order from Puppetswar.

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 956 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play

i ordered both. both are worth it.

one i (mis)used some time ago.

http://www.the-waaag...e=8#entry668129 which is partly rebuild and mostly painted, i have to post it in the future.

the big momma i also added to another build in an very early state of becoming.

in the moment i play around the orc supa cannon, the parts 5 to 7 fit also in the turret of the big momma.

In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kill Krusha, Kill Blasta, Kill Bursta, Skullhamma, Battlefortress, Askari Legion