Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dr Orkenstein's Workshop

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Lucio

Lucio

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 168 posts
  • Army Name:Dr Orkenstein's Revenge!
Yes I've got the thead in the trophy room, but figured it made sense to post Works in Progress here, and then post the finished pictures over in the trophy room with a link back here.

First up, we have some Mek Gunz, built from a random assortment of bitz. Any feedback on these is appreciated, as I still have to aquire some plasticard sheets so used pure GW bitz!

Spoiler

• Itinerate Ork and Giganotosaurus like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,414 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Nice bitz selection, particularly like the first one (with all the random pipework and ammunition keg)  :thumbs

• Lucio likes this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

The first one looks like an ork version of one of the air cannons from the "Punkin Chunkin" contest. :thumbs

​

Itinerate Ork

Itinerate Ork

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 363 posts

Nice work on the kannons! Very successful kitbashes!

Goff Boss

Goff Boss

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts

Really dig these! Going to have try some stuff like this myself. The kits are waaaaaay too expensive. Price they are, I reckon there should be at least 2 in a pack. 

Boss Makk

Boss Makk

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Makk's Goff Boyz

I do like these. Great way to use up all the spare gun barrels I have kicking around...

Lucio

Lucio

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 168 posts

Warboss Zag Gitsmasha for an upcomming campaign, ended up going Old Skool and built it from a metal miniature

Spoiler

And now onto the Big Mek's Challenge, my Lord of Skulls Wartrakk. Still a lot of work to do on this but I'm waiting for the plastikard.

Spoiler

Lucio

Lucio

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 168 posts
Well Dr Orkenstein has been busy! He's added a pair of aircraft to support his warband.

Overall shot

Spoiler

First up, there's a custom Dakka-jet, with boosted VTOL teknology

Spoiler

And den' ders da Fighta-Bomba, Drakontoof

Spoiler

• Sifi and Giganotosaurus like this

Sifi

Sifi

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
Some lovely looking flyerz you got there Lucio, probably already planned but maybe add some glyphs to the Drakontoof. Keep feeding Dr Orkenstien candied squigs, he's doing a boss job.
  • Lucio likes this
I don't always kill things, but when I do it's coz they were things and I'm an Ork.

Lucio

Lucio

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 168 posts
Ok, I'm not one to hang around with an idea! :), Da Mob spoke and said, let there be Rockets!

Spoiler

• Sifi likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,414 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Lol, is dat how they steer the zogga? Build's looking a lot better than the parts would suggest, looking forward to seeing how it turns out :thumbs  

Sifi

Sifi

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts

Love it.  In an emergency cover the front of rokkit pack for a boost :thumbs

I don't always kill things, but when I do it's coz they were things and I'm an Ork.

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

"Lol, is dat how they steer the zogga?"

They could only make left hand turns. You from Indianapolis Lucio?  :?  They could throw out an anchor to one side or the other. :yes

Lucio

Lucio

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 168 posts

"Lol, is dat how they steer the zogga?"
They could only make left hand turns. You from Indianapolis Lucio?  :?  They could throw out an anchor to one side or the other. :yes

Waiting for my plastikard order to arrive, but now there's a part of me that wants to give the driver two anchors instead!
  • Badfang Brassaxe and Giganotosaurus like this

Lucio

Lucio

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 168 posts
Wartrakk One is complete! 3 more left to go (or possibly 1 more and a Mek Junka from the last pair)

IMG_20151112_194256_zpsslkkeanr.jpg

IMG_20151112_194307_zpstta5shz1.jpg

Sifi

Sifi

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts

Belated Prestige to Lucio, the second Mek to finish his buggy  :thumbs  I was hoping for the anchors a bit.  Maybe add an exhaust or 2, or is this the Tesla Trakk?

I'd go for your second option and use 2 of the tracks to build a Junka.

• Lucio likes this

Lucio

Lucio

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 168 posts
Ok, now I've put the parts together I'm not sure whether I've got the start of a Mek Junka, or a looted Morkanaut.

Spoiler

Sifi

Sifi

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
Junka or Morkanaut? I say neither. Remember in 'Ere we go there were Khorne stormboyz, don't give them rokkit packs and make it into a battle wagon for them. Your call but it was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the pic. Back to original question - I'd like to say Junka but it would be a great base for a Morkanaut.

Lucio

Lucio

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 168 posts

Junka or Morkanaut? I say neither. Remember in 'Ere we go there were Khorne stormboyz, don't give them rokkit packs and make it into a battle wagon for them. Your call but it was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the pic. Back to original question - I'd like to say Junka but it would be a great base for a Morkanaut.

Battlewagon isn't out of the question now you mention it, add a trukk kit into the mix and it'd work

Lucio

Lucio

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 168 posts

Well the battlewagon underway!

Spoiler

• Sifi and r_squared like this