Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Askari Legion Oddboyz

- - - - - Tankbustas Kommandos Askari Legion Burnas Lootas Meks

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts
  • Army Name:Askari Legion (Blood Axes)

Changed this thread from just tankbustas to include more oddboys, including kommandos, burnas, and lootas. I will put mini meks here too.

Spoiler Summary: Group shot of tankbustas

Spoiler

• greggles, r_squared, Giganotosaurus and 1 other like this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 197 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

Derry, you never cease to amaze me with your resourcefulness. The connectors are an outstanding idea. :) Well done! :thumbs :thumbs

Dazbag Skorcha

Dazbag Skorcha

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 32 posts
  • Army Name:Da Burning Moonz

very interesting conversions!  :)  I want to see more  :lol

I'Z GOT DA BEST SHOOTAS AND ARMOUR DER IZ   :dakka

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

Let me see if I can pull these and get some good pictures of the details of the conversions in the next couple days.

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

Finally got some pictures today of the 4 units of 15 tankbustas, plus a nob each (since one might want 15 without the nob.) I have an extra set of bomb squigs since in an Apoc battle I can see using MSU tankbustas with max bomb squigs each. I may prep more squigs, but this is a lot for now. The weirdos with the spears or without arms are future tank hamma guys. I don't like tank hammas but I will prep some anyway. BTW, these are all on magnetic sheeting in a box, so with washer bases, they don't bang around. The tankbusta nobs in the bottom shot show the rebasing I did from 25mm to 32 mm. I did not want to use the same mini over and over, so I just used the arm with metal nobs, and made a box launcher "pistol" for one.

Spoiler Summary: Tray with magnetic sheeting and tankbustas

Spoiler

r_squared

r_squared

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 341 posts

That is a LOT of Tankbustas! You could take out a Titan with that lot!

Love the conversions for the Nobz, I have 3 of them, and left them standard, which TBH, I don't like.

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

Spoiler Summary: Magnetized packs for meks and magnetized hands for a few nobs that have hands only

Spoiler

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

Spoiler Summary: 5 units of tankbustas

Spoiler

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

The plan is to build each unit with a full 15 basic kommandos, plus Kommando nob, plus 2 dedicated burnas for 18 figures per unit. Most of the units are not complete yet and need a couple more basic kommandos. Rokkits or big shootas will come from the ones in their matching Korps.

Kommando Burnas: Some of the burnas have my tiny laser cut fuel cans on their backs as a fuel supply.

Most of the units are complete units of old metal kommandos from second edition. I plan to replace all the burna heads with the Ork Iron Mask Heads from Kromlech

Spoiler Summary: Eight-celled tray of 7 Kommando units with Snikrot and misc in last cell

Spoiler

I promise to take better pictures of each unit as I improve them. Remaining work is getting final couple figures painted, repairing as needed, and touching them up. I have a pile of backpacks for the lower left (sentinel camoed boys) to make them look better.

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

Spoiler Summary:

Tray of tankbustas (and some armored nobs)

Tray of burnas and lootas

Spoiler

• skarnir likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tankbustas, Kommandos, Askari Legion, Burnas, Lootas, Meks