Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gav's Gobbos

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

greenstuff_gav

greenstuff_gav

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts
  • Army Name:Skabsniks Waaagh

WARNING! very picture heavy and some of the pictures are terrible! :)

as mentioned, i tend to work on an army; collecting then painting a ful larmy before i sell it on / trade for the next project

my previous project was a Dwarven Throng; aiming for 2500 points i ended up at 6000!

i've always had a soft spot for the old Kev Adams goblins; i contributed a sculpt toward Goblinaid and painting The Regiment (not quite a full set :( ) was a good core toward this army!

after a trade i was left with a good pile of old lead!

gobbos_00.jpg

and a couple of evening paint stripping left me a shiny new army!

gobbos_03.jpg

worth noting are the pressmould of hte squished goblin (from the giant kit); it's my Animosity marker; i've seen a Savage Orc player at our club only move 1 regiment a turn before!

i also cut up the mushrooms from the plastic multi-part regiment; these are on small bases to be used as Wound Markers... i like to theme counters markers, tape measures and dice for when a project is complete!

as i worked on the regiment of Night Goblin Archers i knew i was going to use some chunkier sand; i have planned a display board that's grass being burnt / dug aside and so the goblins will be on more mud / dirt.

to this end i tested a couplea different techniques:

bases01.jpg

the second regiment painted up remarkabley quickly; thankfully night goblins are mostely black!

archers02.jpg

and some closeups!

archers03.jpg

i played a few games in the interim and reshuffled the regiments; the plan on wide thin regiments fail in WHFB!

so, while i try and source some more sword'n'board goblins (not night goblins!) i painted a pair of shamen; that Mushroom dice makes having several of these guys really useful!

shaman03.jpg

shaman04.jpg

i managed to trade for a Grom and Pump WAgon so those guys had a strip and reassemble!

grom.jpg

i used old school wolves as i prefer them to the plastic ones and the larger wheels will help his chariot stand out if i grab some more!

pump.jpg

the pump wagon only had 2 wheels so i used the two from Groms' and also replaced the snotlings with a selection of Snorklings from Foundrys' Goblinaid pack; all drinkin' so i can add a "Snotling Party Wagon" banner!

that's where we are at the moment; i've got a few battle reports Here and i'm hoping to have hte Snotling Bases repainted in the next few days; they are so small i didn't strip 'em but am painting over the basic colours they came with!

thanks for reading this long post; hopefully you've enjoyed it so far and i will have updates soon!

Rolling 1s is an art...

Stuff For Sale

greenstuff_gav

greenstuff_gav

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts

first follow-up; Kev never did a Giant and the giant Forgeworld Hopper isn't readily available so thought i'd convert an old metal giant i had (from the first picture!) and sculpt a head to match the rest of the army!

giant01.jpg

not great work but hopefully will tie him in with the rest of the force some!

Rolling 1s is an art...

Stuff For Sale

greenstuff_gav

greenstuff_gav

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts

it's certainly a bit quiet on the WHFB front!

it's been a while but there's a reason for that; i've been painting snotlings!
snotlings.jpg
as previously seen, they came painted; i'd hoped to highlight up but the shade of green was entirely wrong and thus i had to paint 'em all!
still they're great use in games either guarding flanks or countercharging when my buses get flanked!

as a break i painted a squig herd; had to undercoat some sisters of battle so these guys got a red spray alongside 'em!
squigs.jpg
the herders i was tempted to cut to base 'em individually.. however i couldn't bring myself to cut up old school miniatures and instead worked on the bases to make 'em look individual!
i'm not sold on the squigs fleshy upper lips; i wanted something to break up the red and wanted pale bellies but i don't think it's quite worked :(

i've now managed to get enough goblins to finish my sword'n'board mob so hopefully they'll be sprayed this week (currently swimming in Nitro Mors!); i may treat myself to painting either Makari (BSB) or Grom!

Rolling 1s is an art...

Stuff For Sale

greenstuff_gav

greenstuff_gav

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts

two updates in two days?! crikey!
while i watch Knightmare on youtoobs i've gotten the third regiment of goblins assembled!

gobbos_05.jpg

a mix of really old goblins, i've got a regiment filler in there of the 2014 White Dwarf scenic base; a vampire goblin coming out of his coffin, i added Kev Adams Snotlings as his table-carriers!

the Skulkers are converted from rank and file goblins; added cloaks, oods and punch-daggers... these guys will have white paintscheme for some Assassins Creeding!

rebasing 'em all now (as some of sand has come off) and will be undercoating 'em ready for some gaming tomorrow!

Rolling 1s is an art...

Stuff For Sale

greenstuff_gav

greenstuff_gav

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts

i've taken a break from rank'n' file to start on Groms' chariot; the reasoning is i need to know if i can glue niblet in place and have it fit in a case*

niblet.jpg

while the chariot is fairly straightforward, i've changed niblets' banner from the studio paintjob to match one of the Dave WIlliams' corner illustrations from White Dwarf

I also painted the edge to look like it's been painted over an Elven banner; we ain't scared o no panzies!

Grom's gonna be next, i'm just debating a power-weapon style axe head or stock metallics!

*btw; he doesn't fit so will need to be separate!

Rolling 1s is an art...

Stuff For Sale

greenstuff_gav

greenstuff_gav

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts

so i've finished Grom; pretty straightforward paintjob with some blue in on the belly :)

grom_02.jpg

any suggestions'd be welcome; he's not varnished yet so got time to modify the paintwork! :)

Rolling 1s is an art...

Stuff For Sale