Inspired by one of Docnuk's gunwagons (see link), I see a way to turn the pile of 1/24 scale cars I got on eBay into Ork Trukks.
The specific vehicle capturing my imagination is the one above.
I don't plan to have the same level of detail and awesomeness
as what DocNuk has accomplished, but I really like the look and hope to emulate it.
Pictures of what I have so far below.
Above shows three of the 1/24 scale cars cut behind the engine (between engine and transmission)
Yellow box on the right is the laser cut driver's compartment
Above: Normal size trukk on the left, test fit in the middle, original length on the right
Above shows the test fit in the middle with a human Barry beside it for scale
1. Overall length needs to be very close to a normal trukk, which is 5.5 inches long
2. I have over 20 of the 1/24 scale cars and don't need 20 new size trukks, but maybe I do
3. I don't want to waste characterful parts of the cars if I can just scratch build or laser something equivalent
4. I want the running boards to remain in the final build, since my boyz ride SWAT style
BTW, this is not the US military making friends in some foreign country, this is Boston, an American city. Note: No warrants were harmed (nor used)
Decisions I need to make
1. Overall length, do I cut the front to be even shorter, about where the spare wheel wells are?
2. I will just make trukks for now, but these could be the start of gunwagons, big trakks, battlewagons, et al.
3. I am thinking of scratch building the passenger compartment and saving the car passenger area for other vehicles, but maybe I should just dremel out the inside for a more characterful build. What do you think?
Scratch built general look:
Another option is for me to stop being crazy and make minimum changes and go for the classic look, maybe even with classic paint job like below. Should I stray from the certainty of awesomeness that is orky goodness?