Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bikes and Close Combat

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Burnface

Burnface

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh Corps

I was reading through the Orc Biker Gang PDF and was wondering how bikes and close combat works? Do you have to get off? Can you whack someone while driving by? I'm wondering why anyone would take close combat weapons on the bikers.

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 444 posts

Normally bikers can't properly get off their bikes - their vehicles don't allow for it. Outlaw MC Orks have the special rule I'll just leave dis 'ere which allows them to get off and wander around at their leisure. This of course means that close-combat weapons can be used as normal.

Aside from those circumstances close combat weapons are mostly defensive measures for dealing with boarding attempts on the bike.

Of course, getting off the bike may be a common occurrence if one plays on a very terrain-dense board a lot, like Da Town.

Can you whack someone while driving by?

One can attempt to run them down with the bike like any other vehicle but nothing involving close combat weapons, no.

Oh and happy birthday!

• Burnface likes this

Easy E

Easy E

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 263 posts
  • Army Name:Rotgutz Skulsmash Reeverz

That sounds like an opportunity for some House Rules to me. 

Do you like Free Wargames?

http://bloodandspect...s.blogspot.com/

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,849 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

Could possibly house rule it so that a mobster adds +1 to attempts to run over enemies, but does -1 on the thruster buster table.

Burnface

Burnface

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts

Thanks guys. Our group was looking at Mutie stuff as well in relation to mounted combat. Appreciate the responses and Birthday wishes.

Burnface

Burnface

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts

I was also looking at the Bladerz list. Is it possible for them all to be on blades instead of Trukks? Have an Idea for like a GoMo Hockey team kinda thing.