First post reserved for final pictures, see following posts for progress.
[Final pictures will be here]
1. Ordering. I ordered most of the 22 or so I have from 2010 to 2012, a few 2013-2014
2. Gathering them all together. I had them spread all over the house and one or two more kept showing up every week or two.
3. Disassembly. I removed the upper hull from lower hull, turret and mini turret from upper hull, and internal Kannon from main tube
4. Sticker removal. Each MOBAT variant has different sticker application and many still remain after 25-30 years
5. Glue and gunk removal. Upper hulls, turrets, and mini turrets soaked in Purple Power for 2-4 weeks, cleaned and soaked for a couple more weeks
Purple Power: Cleaner/degreaser I use for paint removal: http://www.clean-rit..._degreaser.html
Since the plastic soaked for weeks, and the sunshine got on the plastic, some hulls and turrets turned a little white, I will steel wool later (to add extra wear too)
6. Kannon completion. Internal kannon removal, turret disassembly when possible, and creation of short stubby barrels
Other steps to be completed
My plan for this project is to convert GI Joe MOBAT tanks to modular Skullhamma tanks. Modular, so they can be looted Baneblades et al too. I have collected quite a few of these since I saw a converted one in 2010. I plan to make roughly 20-22 of them. Yes, it is too many, but they die quick in APOC. I plan to make them all at once, so progress will be slow since I doing the same stage for all at the same time. I was in the US Army for a few years, spending some time in an M1 tank, and I am sort of a treadhead. So, if I go sideways a little talking about bullet traps and bad design, forgive me.
Shout Outs ==================
Sukigod who I looted the idea from in the first place, see http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=35582,
specifically see http://www.the-waaag...c=35582&page=18 to see a converted MOBAT (the one on the right)
DokNuk, for inspiring my work, and having a disturbing sig: http://www.the-waaag...ic=45032&page=1
Krooza, because he is a god and needs to be mentioned in the codex fluff (every thread has his comments, you know who he is already)