Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Waaagh! Tankchewa.

My Deffskullz army.

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

BigMek

BigMek

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 712 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Tankchewa
I know I've been spamming some Ork Trukks lately, but I promise, this is the last one ^^
Third trukk done, 6 boyz to go and I'm at 750pts fully painted.
Not 100% sure on the bone coloured bumper on the front, but do wanna try and throw in more of that colour in my army as I quite like painting it.

IMG_0230_zpsodnu575x.jpg

• Dallo likes this
I like to loot it loot it

The rulebook also doesn't say anything about beating people like this with their own army case. So, technically...

Nozeminer - In the "best cheat ever" thread.

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 959 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play

allways a nice forgeworld model and a coherent paint job.

if it would be mine i would add a little more metal at the edges of front, sideplates and driver cabin.

did you miss the metall plates of the tires or is it intention?

In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

BigMek

BigMek

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 712 posts

The tires will be covered in mud basicly, so felt no need to spend extra time on that ^^

Haven't gone ot overboard on the metal on the edges as I'm contemplating different weathering techniques, may do more at a later date...right now, to be honest, I'm under a bit of time pressure to get ready for a tourny.

The rulebook also doesn't say anything about beating people like this with their own army case. So, technically...

BigMek

BigMek

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 712 posts

Finished up three warbikes:

IMG_0236_zpsx9riesmx.jpg

Haven't done the bases yet as I'm stil trying to figure out how I wanna go about it.

BigMek

BigMek

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 712 posts

And a battlewagon gets added to the army:

IMG_0239_zps6x7jyble.jpg

• Greylikestorms likes this

Greylikestorms

Greylikestorms

Ridin' Boar

• Boyz
  • 117 posts

Oh hey! Just saw/liked that on Facebook earlier today.  Small orky world.  :D 

BigMek

BigMek

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 712 posts

Indeed ^^ I tend to share several places on the net to get the most feedback I can, heh.

BigMek

BigMek

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 712 posts

A real crappy picture, but as I just reached my first goal of 1000pts of painted Orks I really had to share it.
Even more so because in the around 14 years I've been in the hobby I have NEVER had a fully painted army and this is an amazing feeling and have just motivated me even more!

Still need to do the bases though.

IMG_0241_zpsq1u1fw9g.jpg

• Badfang Brassaxe, skarnir, Greylikestorms and 2 others like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,769 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Good looking army, really liking how the gritty pic invokes a vision of them looming out of the gloom  :thumbs

Greylikestorms

Greylikestorms

Ridin' Boar

• Boyz
  • 117 posts

A real crappy picture, but as I just reached my first goal of 1000pts of painted Orks I really had to share it.
Even more so because in the around 14 years I've been in the hobby I have NEVER had a fully painted army and this is an amazing feeling and have just motivated me even more!

Still need to do the bases though.

Isn't it a fantastic feeling to have that many points painted?  I know I recently did inventory and ended up with about 900 points of painted Bad Moons, which was a pleasant surprise! 

BigMek

BigMek

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 712 posts

It is indeed wonderfull...what makes it even better was being able to play with it against another fully painted army on the tabletop...makes the whole hobby come together and motivates me to paint even more ^^

• Greylikestorms likes this

BigMek

BigMek

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 712 posts

So just finished up three kannonz and crew:

IMG_0132_zpsxlzrorbd.jpg

I've noticed something worrying though.

I consider these to be my worst job I've done for this army, I'm not satisfied with how they turned out and I didn't enjoy the painting of them.
Within the last couple of weeks I have been rushing...there's a tourny in 2 weeks I wanted to go to but I've noticed that I've enjoyed painting less and less, mainly because of the way I do it and because of the quality of the results.

I think for the past month or so I've felt that I HAVE to paint certain models otherwise I wouldn't be able to play, so I've painted those instead of models I really wanted to paint and it seems to be draining my excitement of painting in general.
I've considered just saying: I'm not gonna make the tourny, and it's okay...there will be others.
I have 1000pts painted now and that's enough to have some fun games and the best move may be to just paint the models I really want to paint, no matter wheter or not they're effective for the army.

Also, it's really annoying me that I haven't done any base work at all cause I can't decide on how to do it and it all just looks unfinished.
There's no real point to this, just had to share and get it out of my system as I'm a bit afraid of completely losing the desire and joy of painting.

• greggles and Giganotosaurus like this

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

Having just did "the tourney rush", this is how I approached it.

1) Stop trying to completely finish each model.

2) divide up your technique into consistent steps.

3) Perform each stage of your process across the entire tournament army

4) After one stage is completely finished, go to the next stage.

5) Continue doing this until the tourney comes up.

In this way, you will have consistency across the army, armies painted mostly to a table top standard, and because you are following your steps/stages, you will be able to continue working on the models later to the level of quality you want.

• Giganotosaurus likes this

BigMek

BigMek

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 712 posts

Finished my first Deff Dread, really cool kit and I will need a few more of these, they're just a joy to paint!
Also the first model with my new bases and the first pictures taken with my new photoshooting setup and camera...it needs some work but the quality, I think, is a lot better.

IMG_0134_zpszdytlgix.jpg

IMG_0135_zpsthz7yfib.jpg

• Goff Boss, Dallo, Big Bad Squig and 1 other like this

Moe Dakka

Moe Dakka

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 129 posts

^^^^^

Gorgeous

Big Bad Squig

Big Bad Squig

Gnasher (face eater)

• Grotz
  • 86 posts
  • Army Name:Sonz of Gork

How I've missed this thread!

Great work on the dredd.

Who's afraid of da big bad squig?

Lost Legions o'er on B&C:

II: http://www.bolterand...on-project-log/

XI: http://www.bolterand...on-project-log/

Space Wolves: http://www.bolterand...s-space-wolves/

Dark panzee: http://www.dakkadakk...ist/659879.page

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,769 posts

Splendid job on the base, really invokes the image of Orks trashing the place  :thumbs Paint's pretty good too though it might be worth picking the cables and wires out in some different colours   :?

BigMek

BigMek

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 712 posts

Yeah I know about the cables...I'm just not keen on too many different colours.
I have considerd adding "danger stripe" to cables over the army as an alternative.

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,769 posts

Fair enough, if we all painted them the same way there'd be no point looking  :biggrin

Moe Dakka

Moe Dakka

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 129 posts

Bigmek, your dread has two identical CCW arms...did you need need to kits or ebay to do this?   I thought there was only one of that kind in the box?

In addition, how did you change the engine/ smoke stacks?   What is the overall height of the model?   Thanks.

MD