Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1850 mech blood axes - updated!!

- - - - - 1850 blood axes mechanised

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

det

det

Phobiak

• Blood Axez
  • 2,221 posts
  • Army Name:Snake Korps

So...new edition....site back online...new codex...it's waaagh! time for sure!

Only thing that hasn't change are the models...so I'm going to simply update my old list to reflect the new rules and everything.

Still running a mostly mechanised force, centered around 4 trukks and two LWs (yes, LWs...until they update the big trakk rules I'm going to use those rules...) full of boyz/nobz/tankbuztaz with many support units like lootas, koptas, stormboyz and a buggy.

Plan is rather simple: go for it with 5 vehicles, while the rest of the army disturbs the enemy and supports the mechanised rush if needed. The LW full of boyz stays in reserve usually and goes for an objective late game usually.

notable changes because of new codex:

-Trukks: no more riggers. They are too expensive for what they do...usually a trukk gets blown to bits if targeted so no point IMHO in the riggers. But now it's all boarding planks galore. I really want to see if they are a morksent or a point sink...we'll see.

-lootas and buztaz and boyz and stormboyz and koptas and nearly everything got a slight point reduction or a slight bump with some new rules/equipment. Except shoota boys. All in all this nets me a buggy that wasn't there last codex/edition.

-no way of giving 'eavy armour to nobz leading a mob so...nothing, sad nobz...they'll fare worse in challenges. Don't have the points to upgrade every sinle ork to 'ard boy. It would be rather cool and very useful due to trukks now doing S4 damage when exploding, new mob rule, etc but it aint gonna happen. But...all nobz leading boyz mob now get a handy shoota instead of the slugga for free...yey!

HQ   warboss: kombiskorcha, 'eavy armour, big choppa, cybork, da finkin kap: 94 pts  -->  goes with the 11-strong trukkboy mob

EL   12 tankbuztaz: 2 bombsquigs, 2 tankhammers, nob with bosspole: 211 pts --> in the open-top LW

EL   8 nobz: 'eavy armour, 1 (not the boss nob) with bosspole, PK, kombiskorcha: 216 pts

in trukk: big shoota, ram, plank: 50 pts

TR   12 shoota boyz: 1 big shoota, nob with bosspole, PK: 127 pts

TR   11 boyz: nob with bosspole, PK: 106 pts  --> warboss here

in trukk: rokkit, ram, plank: 50 pts

TR   12 boyz: 'eavy armour, 1 big shoota, nob with bosspole, PK: 165 pts

TR   12 shoota boyz: 1 big shoota, nob with bosspole, TLshoota: 105 pts --> in other LW

FA   8 stormboyz: nob with bosspole, PK: 112 pts

FA   2 koptas: 2 buzzsaws: 110 pts

FA   buggy: skorcha, rpj: 40 pts

HS   15 lootas: 210 pts

HS   looted wagon: riggers, ram, big shoota, skorcha, 'ard case: 77 pts --> here goes the boyz mob

HS   looted wagon: riggers, ram, big shoota, skorcha, plank: 77 pts --> tankbuztaz go here

I kept the cybork on the warboss since he needs all the protection he can get. The TLshoota on the boyz nob is there because I had 3 points left over and the model represents it well. Also the rpj on the buggy is a "I had 5 points left over" upgrade, but since they can now outflank, it could come in handy.

Still thinking on how to fit my 2 kommando mobs in here and on how to upgrade the list to 2000...the FOC movements messed a bit with my units...will figure out something...

modelling: my completely completed stuff

gaming: 1850 mech blood axes list updated

fluff: what being blood axes is all about
--------------------
looting other races: tautechmarines (other site thread)

eastern barbarian

eastern barbarian

Tankbusta Boy

• Blood Axez
  • 419 posts
  • Army Name:Blood Axe Skwadron of Deff

Hm, one thing I can see you really struggling against is high AV vehicles, as you only got tankbustaz to glance them to death or PK to do same in close combat. risky. Otherwise I really like the list.

det

det

Phobiak

• Blood Axez
  • 2,221 posts

So far I've had no big problems against high AV vehicles, but admittedly I never faced more than one land raider and all the others were an easy prey to PKs in close combat, more or less.

Generally if there is a land raider I send the tankbuztaz and they do their job done between rokkits and assault (and then get themselves killed either by the explosion or by the unfortunate occupants of said vehicle), now that they have meltabombs I forsee an even brighter chance of dying during the explosion.

--------------------

popisdead

popisdead

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 608 posts

It is a unique list. 

Did you run it before without a KFF?  Impressive.  It seems like there is nothing there but my guess is you do well with it.

det

det

Phobiak

• Blood Axez
  • 2,221 posts

I run it like this from when the old codex came out more or less...after all it has many many boyz mobz, it is fast and has tools to deal with mostly anything.

It's a "many tricks/target saturation" list...17 kill points...

Units like the nobs are usually a suprise, since it's strange to see them so "vanilla"...but if you add numbers up every nob has 5 S5 attacks when charging...8 of them and it starts to get interesting. Same goes for stormboyz...only 8 but hey, orks! 4 attacks each on the charge.

Usually though for tough enemy units I need to double or triple up and assault in numbers.

--------------------

det

det

Phobiak

• Blood Axez
  • 2,221 posts

Had my first game vs beakies...ended up vaporising him from the board, but it was a mix of luck (lootas rolling 3 shots for the first 3 turns, his armour save not really making it like his noble captain biting the dust vs a rokkit from the tankbuztaz) and his list which wasn't optimal at all (10 assault Beakies with chaplain, full HB dev squad).

My buggy coming in from the side actually managed to roll snake eyes on the dangerous terrain test and my warboss got clobbered in a challenge by the chaplain who rolled perfectly, but it wasn't enough.

Anyway, target saturation still works wonders, tankbuztaz are even better now and boyz still make a mess of most of what they hit in close combat...mostly.

Still not sure about riggers on trukks...might try them but for the moment I think they're not that useful.

:thumbs

--------------------

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1850, blood axes, mechanised