Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Recruits for the waagh - Full squad of lootas and 5 more megasnobz inc

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Wurg

Wurg

Bag Squig

• Boyz
  • 104 posts
  • Army Name:Wurg's Trukka Boyz

To be honest, I'm not surprised that your stormboyz are tippy, I'm just impressed you can have them stand at all without the magnets in the earlier pics; some of them look extremely unbalanced. How dense is that green foamy looking stuff compared to the plastic the models are made from? Did you have to weigh down the bases at all? 

Also, who's that finecast looking fella to the right of your stormboyz? A 'ard nob you're still working on?

PhillyT

PhillyT

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 904 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

That guy is the ork tank commander from the Kill Bursta tan from Forgeworld.  He is outrageously tall.

http://www.forgeworl...URSTA_TANK.html

He doesn't have feet though, so I had to make him some out of the AOBR war boss...

Warboss Binky

Warboss Binky

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 299 posts
  • Army Name:Werk in progress

Love these.  Simple colour scheme, but well thought out, and gorgeously executed.  Can't wait to see more.

WBB

"In Armageddon, foist ya gets da teef, den ya gets da dakka, and DEN ya gets da custom mega-blasta."

Attributed to Warboss Gitbad Skarface

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,225 posts

Really loving what you've done here. The orange really pops and sets them all out as your own thing. The grot tanks are really nice. Are they Forge World or your own devising? I am not very familiar with the Forge World grot tanks.

With the Stormboyz, aren't you bothered that it will be difficult to hide them, now that true Line of Sight is in effect? I would imagine people taking shots at them over trees and ruins and such which would otherwise hide them.  It's a great effect, but I just wonder if it's hurting you in game terms!

PhillyT

PhillyT

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 904 posts

We play orks.  The rule of cool trumps all!

I made those well after the TLOS came in and figured that if anyone wants to shoot them, they will!  I have another 20 and only plan on doing smoke trails on another 10.  The other ten can go in from on ground level and take cover saves.  Shots need to be put on them first anyway!

Those grot tanks are indeed the forge world ones.  Awesome little models! I need to get the big grot land tank thing.  That thing looks ace!  Thanks for the kind words!

MagicOrk

MagicOrk

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blood Spitta's

Looking awesome, man.

As for LoS issues, just swap an ork boy in for the stormboy whenever LoS is being resolved. Its fair, and you shouldn't be penalised for great modelling...

PhillyT

PhillyT

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 904 posts

Really, the cover save for models in the unit only matter for the ones in the front.  As long as the closest model gets a cover save, the unit resolves wounds against that until that model is dead.  Keep 5 - 8 models closest to potential shooters in cover and the ones in the back could be three feet in the air and it won't matter!

Greylikestorms

Greylikestorms

Ridin' Boar

• Boyz
  • 117 posts

That orange is seriously incredible.  Great work on all your orks.  

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

I really love your orange.  It's absolutely beautiful.  That's pretty much my favorite color of all time and your whole army is painted it!!!

morfangdakka

morfangdakka

tougher than a cybork

• Deathskullz
  • 1,402 posts
  • Army Name:Morfang's Big Stompa Mob

I normally am not a fan of orange but you have pulled it off really nice.  The part that really impresses me is all the checks.  I wish I could paint checks like that all over my models they look great on orks so what is your secret?

Keep up the great work. 

QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Mar 24 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the Venerable Morfangdakka. It has a certain feel to it.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

phattonythedon

phattonythedon

'Ard Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 836 posts
  • Army Name:Kap'un RedDread's Freebootaz

I remember these stormboyz from a while back, I'm sure they were yours, they're fantastic! great looking horde of ladz ya got there! Lootable ideas there fer sure, I'll be bookmarking it  :yes  :eek

be the change you want to see in the world

PhillyT

PhillyT

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 904 posts

Checks aren't too hard.  The easiest thing to do is figure out the center and determine if you will have an even or an odd number.  Finding the center will give you an idea of the basic shape width as well.  I sometimes put too many checks on, but I just love how it breaks up the model.  Doing the center start works for hazard stripes too.  Here is what I mean on my knights:

IMG_3404.JPG

Big Blue:

IMG_3401.JPG

IMG_3405.JPG

IMG_3411.JPG

IMG_3420.JPG

PhillyT

PhillyT

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 904 posts

The Heater:

IMG_3407.JPG

IMG_3408.JPG

IMG_3421.JPG

IMG_3422.JPG

PhillyT

PhillyT

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 904 posts

Ser Dahn:

IMG_3406.JPG

IMG_3409.JPG

IMG_3418.JPG

IMG_3423.JPG

IMG_3424.JPG

IMG_3426.JPG

IMG_3427.JPG

IMG_3428.JPG

IMG_3432.JPG

Modhail

Modhail

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 67 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Nazblitz, led by Morgrub Nazblitz, da Flash Dregga
Maybe not something for this board, but where does the fist on Sir Dahn come from? It looks great!

Lookit me! I gots me a blog....

PhillyT

PhillyT

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 904 posts

That is the 28mm scale Mauler claw from Dream Forge.

http://dreamforge-ga...ded-mauler-claw

I sawed off the hand at the wrist and attached it to the chainsaw motor for the knight.  The claw is full pose able and would be cool on a Gorkanaut.

PhillyT

PhillyT

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 904 posts

Finished up my third unit of 5 meganobz for the bully boy formation.  I did the three plastic nobs up with killsaws and boss poles.  I figure I'll put one each in the three units of 5.

I also just wrapped up my full unit of 15 lootas.  I find myself with another 24 unpainted and I am not sure I have the desire to go and do anymore up!

I'll get both squads up tomorrow afternoon when I have weathered the meganobz properly.

Scoutfox

Scoutfox

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 317 posts
  • Army Name:Da Wamp Gataz
You are a painting machine, and the stuff you churn out is very impressive. Are you going to do a looted knight too? The three you have are amazing, but an orange Orky one would trump all three combined. Looking forward to the meganobs and company.

DKrumpp

DKrumpp

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts
  • Army Name:Da Rokkit Boyz
Hehe, blue and orange. Now you're thinking with portals!

I love how high some of the stormboyz are with their extended smoke stacks. Really reminds me of how freeing flight is when the sky's the limit. How'd you create those? Wire surrounded by flocking?
Party time, all the time!

PhillyT

PhillyT

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 904 posts
The mega nobs. The ones with the twin kill saws are the new kits.

IMG_4050.JPG

IMG_4036.JPG

IMG_4051.JPG

IMG_4039.JPG

IMG_4041.JPG