Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Custom Rok points value

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Weedy Grot

Weedy Grot

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 116 posts

I've been running a homebrew Ork RPG for some time. It is set on Angelus (GorkaMorka) and my PCs have finally managed to get off planet and convert a nearby asteroid into a BFG style Rok.

As this one Rok is the only ship in their fleet I have allowed them considerable leeway in customising it but now that it exists I’m not sure how many points it should be worth. While it isn’t actually going to be used in standard BFG games a good idea of its points cost will help me work out appropriate (or difficult match ups)

It follows standard Rok rules except

• This Rok counts as a capital ship rather than a defence on the gunnery table

• The Rok rolls 4D6 for all ahead full rolls

Here are its stats

The Millennium Sereniprise

Type/Hits: Capital Ship/8

Speed: 10cm

Turns: Special

Shields: 4

Armour: 6+

Turrets: 1

Armament

Heavy Gunz Battery (15cm range, all fire arcs) Strength 5

Gunz Battery (45cm range, all fire arcs) Strength D6+8

Torpedoes (30cm speed, all fire arcs) Strength D6

Launch bays (25/30cm speed, all fire arcs) Strength D6+2

Weird lances (15cm range, all fire arcs) Strength 2

Due to the Large number of trained Doks on board the Rok can reroll the dice for boarding actions and bracing for impact provides a 3+ saving throw.

They may also use their impressive communications array to bombard enemy ships with Goff Rokk music so on any turn they are not on a special order they can give any other ship a -2 leadership modifier.

So what sort of points cost would you give a monstrosity like this?

• DAKKABU likes this