Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

fish'ead Riptide Battlesuit...size?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Uzrug Slasha

Uzrug Slasha

Tankbusta Boy

• Goffz
  • 430 posts
  • Army Name:Da Deth Dealaz
Hey guys, Noticing a lack of Orkified fish'ead Riptide battlesuits out there, so definitely want to take a stab at making one myself. Before I go figuring it out, I have a question. What should I model it as? Is it too big to be a Deff Dread? Is it big enough to count as a Stompa? I have no idea, I haven't seen one in real life yet. Thanks mates!
-Uzrug Slasha-
"Fear da GREEN tide!"

"If broot force doezen't solve ya problem, ya ain't usin' enuff!"

"We iz more den just Orks. We iz GOFFZ!"

Waaagh_Baron

Waaagh_Baron

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 379 posts
  • Army Name:Kaptain MOREgunnzz Waaaagh

Hey guys,

Noticing a lack of Orkified fish'ead Riptide battlesuits out there, so definitely want to take a stab at making one myself.

Before I go figuring it out, I have a question. What should I model it as? Is it too big to be a Deff Dread? Is it big enough to count as a Stompa?

I have no idea, I haven't seen one in real life yet.

Thanks mates!

I think the best rule set would be Mega Dread the thing is at least the size of a DreadKinght
The Best Custom Track and Wheel can be bought here:

http://stores.ebay.c...Skulls-Industry

Nork

Nork

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 189 posts
  • Army Name:Da Skavenga's
The Baron's right, think dreadknight sized, or for a better idea just google "fish'ead Riptide Size Comparison" and the first image should have one standing next to a beakie dreadnaught. It's about twice the height of the dread in that picture, but the thing to remember is that the Riptide can be posed to be crouching/kneeling, reducing their profile.

Shadey

Shadey

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 505 posts
  • Army Name:Da Firm
This is probably obvious to you from the context but just incase you are not familiar with this forum's eccentricities, it edits T-A-U to fish'ead, so Nork is suggesting you look for a T-A-U riptide size comparison, without the dashes.

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,775 posts
  • Army Name:Freak'd out Skulls
Actually Tаu Riptide is in size of Trygon.

Posted Image
Moldmaking tutorials [part 1] [part2]

Niiru

Niiru

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 141 posts

lol not a helpful reply, but I only just learnt the forum corrects fish'ead to fish'ead. Thats awesome. 

edit:

er... t-a-u.

Niiru

Niiru

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 141 posts

and doublepost. 

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

And just a tad threadomantic too  ;)

Can be a bit of a double edged sword if you want to write Mareen Diesel or Exo-skellyton, spell them correctly and you get beakie Diesel or Exo-spiece of panzee dungon  >: