Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Harpoon gun question.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Dod g. Git

Dod g. Git

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts
I was lucky enough to come cross a GM harpoon gun many years ago and it sat patiently in my bitz boxes unitl I finally managed to get enough players toegther to gt a gomo campaign running, I love the look of it, the most delightfully orky object I've ever slapped eyes on. One question remains is it actually any good in practice? I know it's variable strength and short range are issue to overcome but is that reliance on getting close that severe a handicap?
We'z Diggaz! We'z may not be az 'ard az dem Orkz are, but we'z got betta gubbinz!

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 442 posts
It's pretty much my go-to heavy weapon. The variability tends to mean it adds to the chaos of vehicle combat. Definitely a good thing!

Ryan

Ryan

Bag Squig

• Boyz
  • 104 posts
a fun weapon but you know your going to roll a 1 for str when it counts , i prefer the scorcher for one extra tooth, really depends on your opponents and ur gangs makeup, on a one on one truck v truck it wouldn't get close enough to my vehicle without being shot full of holes by my eavy shoota for example, just go with what you will have more fun with really

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 442 posts
Alternatively take the harpoon gun to start with and save up for something better. When you can afford something swankier stick the old weapon in storage and stick in on your second vehicle. Sorted!

Dod g. Git

Dod g. Git

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts
Isn't there an issue that you're essentially taking the driver's weapon away, this isn't necromunda where you can just chop and swap. Orkz like their stuff to stay theirs.
We'z Diggaz! We'z may not be az 'ard az dem Orkz are, but we'z got betta gubbinz!

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 442 posts
Changing who mans the gun requires a fight but giving them a shiny, new weapon should surely not be an issue? I may be wrong though. I don't recall reading that one can't change vehicle weaponry later - but I have been known to miss things on occasion.

WeRT

WeRT

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 76 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh?

Isn't there an issue that you're essentially taking the driver's weapon away, this isn't necromunda where you can just chop and swap. Orkz like their stuff to stay theirs.

This is not true. The first question you should ask yourself as a Ork is : "Can i add more dakka?".

Dod g. Git

Dod g. Git

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts
I have another vehicle question my friend jut managed to get hold of the old-style autocannon outrigger style bikes I don't have my rulebook to hand. Can Bikes mount big gunz in GoMo?

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 442 posts
Nope. Twin-linked gunz but not big gunz.